PDA

View Full Version : 4500 Flatlines....

RT_Luver
03-28-2002, 01:31 PM
OK I know this is a dumb question but what color is pewter? its not something you hear every day. Also, if someone has an example or something, could ya show it to me.

Snewk
03-28-2002, 01:35 PM
pewter...hmm...dull chrome? its kind of hard to describe

RT_Luver
03-28-2002, 01:52 PM
any one think AGD will make um to where u can pick your own color?I HOPE that happens really bad

Paintballer86
03-28-2002, 01:53 PM
it is like a version of chrome. I THINK, (correct me if I am wrong) it mihgt have a little hint of gold in it. Not shure though. I am shure someone around here knows.

snakestang
03-28-2002, 02:00 PM
Still kind of hard to see but here is Pewter.

http://www.automags.org/~BlackVCG/Sacramento/SFL%20e-mag.jpg

RT_Luver
03-28-2002, 02:03 PM
2 more questions. One....where could I find a pewter shocktech drop, if they make them. 2. whats some colors that go good with pewter?

snakestang
03-28-2002, 02:05 PM
I have not seen a pewter Shocktech (does not mean they dont make one) and as for the colors, Black (always good), light or dark blue, and I would have to say red. Hope this helps.

Oops forgot that chrome accessories would also look great!

Rynoboy06
03-28-2002, 05:12 PM
Dude, there's a pewter shocktech drop in the PICTURE. They can be bought directly from shocktech at www.buyshocktech.com.

Load SM5
03-28-2002, 05:20 PM
I have pewter one. Looks great.

Hey RT what length are you looking for? Mine's the longest one they have but I'm looking for a medium. Maybe we can work a deal if you want the long one.

snakestang
03-28-2002, 05:37 PM
Well sorry about that! It looked chrome to me so thats why I said that I had not seen one. I stand corrected and now I have seen one.

RT_Luver
03-28-2002, 06:56 PM
yea I was looking for a full length one. Is it in good shape. any scratches?

RT_Luver
03-28-2002, 07:04 PM
ok.....on the shocktech site it has the regular drop in etc... colors then it has the e-mag in the same colors but with the option of bead blasted or polished. If i were to get both just sayin would the bead blasted or polished match the drop?

RT_Luver
03-28-2002, 07:05 PM
OH YEA....if I happened to get the SFL E-mag.....could I get the ACE upgrade when its released? And if I could would it cost me anything?

FordPrefect
03-28-2002, 07:56 PM
ACE comes free with a SFL when the ACE comes out.

Load SM5
03-28-2002, 08:04 PM
Originally posted by RT_Luver
yea I was looking for a full length one. Is it in good shape. any scratches?

It's in really good shape, there's a scratch underneath but you can't see it with a 68 ci. tank mounted. I was just thinking I would pay half of what a new drop costs if you wanted this one. If not it's not a big deal. They're great drops, though. Looks fab on an SFL.

ACE is a free upgrade if it does'nt already come with it.

RT_Luver
03-28-2002, 09:02 PM
ok....I actually think i'm dwindling my parents down to where they might let me get one pretty soon. what I'm wondering.....what is the main differnce between the current SFL's and the upcoming extreme's beside ACE because if I get an SFL i'm gunna send it into AGD and get ACE installed. also....If I happen to get Pewter...what is a good warp color that goes with pewter cuz I dont want to have a pewter SFL with i dont know....a green warp or somehting. anyways, one last question for now...does any one know for SURE if the new 45k's are going to be in different colors or will they always be pewter?

Load SM5
03-28-2002, 09:08 PM
The new extreem/SFL's will come with the ACE and all the new work to make them easier on paint. Current SFL's will get all the new upgrades for free.

As far as pewter goes, clear and chrome all look pretty good. I have a clear warp.

RT_Luver
03-28-2002, 09:13 PM
so what your sayin is that if I got an AFL I would get all the things that the new Extreme's come with if I sent it in to AGD?

RT_Luver
03-28-2002, 09:17 PM
every time I wright something I always forget to ask something else. what kinda bolt does the SFL come with exactly?Is it a superbolt or just some derlin bolt?

Load SM5
03-28-2002, 09:29 PM
Yea, all the upgrades that come with the new extreems will be free upgrades for the current SFL owner's and will also be found in the new SFL's when they are re-released.

They currently come with a superbolt but I replaced mine with a longnosed foamie. The superbolt is a little rougher on brittle paint during cold days.

RT_Luver
03-28-2002, 09:43 PM
hey THANKS....you've really been a big help. but I got ONE more little question. I've literally JUST heard that the SFL's dont work right. does yours?

Load SM5
03-28-2002, 09:51 PM
Mine works great. The only problem I've had was a ball breaking problem one day when it was well below freezing and the only paint I had was way too brittle. In it's defense every gun was breaking that day.
Last time I was out I ran 3/4 of a case through my SFL with no breaks at all. Like I said I switched bolts out and I think that helps quite a bit. I was also running my warp for the first time and that definately kept me from outshooting my paint supply.

RT_Luver
03-28-2002, 10:01 PM
you keep answering and I keep comin up with questions. sorry but i'm actually kinda excited that I might be gettin an electro for the first time.

anyways, I believe these are actually the last two(let us both hope). is the superbolt it comes with the new one or the old one? and does buyshocktech.com still have them in stock. oh wait make it three...do u happen to know when the warp breeches will be out....well I might as well finish it with a forth...does it take regular 'Mag bolts or an special Extreme bolt?

Load SM5
03-28-2002, 10:05 PM
1. Not sure what you mean by that. I have one of the original superbolts and it's still going strong with my homemade foamie. I do recommend the longnosed foamie. I use on from a regular e-mag.

2. I don't know what shocktech has left. Call Kevin at the Lansing store and he'll help you out. He was a really helpful guy.

3. Not sure. Hopefully soon. I really want one.

4. See .1

RT_Luver
03-28-2002, 10:13 PM
ok...well on one I was wondering since AGD came out with 2 superbolts...one that seems to have broken and one that doesn't.....does the SFL come with te first of the batch or the second...and on the fourth question i was wondering if I could put my new super bolt in the SFL and it work cuz I've heard(not sure if its tru) that the Extremes have a larger breech diameter and use a different bolt.

Load SM5
03-28-2002, 10:16 PM
Mine came with the old superbolt but as I said it has'nt broken yet. I'm sure you could send it back in for a newer foamie superbolt. They do take a larger diameter bolt but apparently regular mag bolts still work.

RT_Luver
03-28-2002, 10:20 PM
hey thanks.....you've been a GREAT help