PDA

View Full Version : Paintball information report on CNN.

The Mag Man
03-29-2002, 12:25 AM
I was flipping threw the channels tonight, when I come accross CNN. A field owner is standing there in his JT jersey talking to a CNN reporter in the studio explaining to her the game of paintball. He explained the history of paintball and markers, he gave prices on all necessary equipment and the cost for a day of play using rental equipment at his field. He wen't over different types of guns including a standard Piranah and he also showed her an E-mag. It was sweet, teflon black powerfeed. Each gun had a barrel plug in, and he also went over different types of protection including masks and neck protecors. The lady he was talking to from CNN seemed very intersted. She said it sounded like a lot of fun and that she really wanted to try it. Mind you this was on national television. Seemed like a very good event for our sport.

Bartleby
03-29-2002, 12:54 AM
after all the bad events that have occured that reflect so poorly on the sport it's a relief that atleast some positive aspects of the game are getting advertised on national news.

The Mag Man
03-29-2002, 09:52 AM
up

CNickerson
03-29-2002, 10:29 AM
Did anyone record this, or is there info on Cnn's website?

shartley
03-29-2002, 10:58 AM
Yes, THIS is the type of thing that helps the sport. We need much more of it.

The Mag Man
03-29-2002, 01:20 PM
I didn't record it, not sure if there is info on CNN's site but I tell you know lie, I saw it.

RoadDawg
03-29-2002, 01:35 PM
When I lived back in Utah one of the news reporters did a thing on paintball. She went to a local field and they dressed her up and hooked a mic up to her while she played. It was funny but I wouldn't say it was the best thing for the sport cause she showed off her welts the next day. It also led to the lowering of the fields Chrono speed from 250 to 225. She did say it was fun just not her cup of tea.

Ov3rmind
03-29-2002, 01:42 PM
Hey RoadDawg, did you use to play at Peg-Leg/Paintball Planet? 'Cause there's a newer feild here now, with a chrono limit of 250, and on tournament practice nights sometimes they'll let it go higher (Extreme Sports). Paintball Planet still has a 225 limit though, never play there anymore anyways. I wish I could have seen that CNN thing, I can't beleive I missed it.

RoadDawg
03-29-2002, 01:48 PM
I used to play there and Showdown in Lehi. I've since then moved down to Southern Cali so I doubt I'll be playing there soon.

56kSomeGuy
03-29-2002, 02:54 PM
Yea saw that too on cnn last night. They had some guy from georgia paintball to talk about the sport. They also had an e-mag in back but he didn't talk about it. He only talked about a pump and a piranha gun that they rented out.