PDA

View Full Version : Target range question

krafty
03-29-2002, 11:42 AM
I'm in a unique position where I work to be able to get cardboard standups now and then. (I have an Alan Jackson one and a Bear in the Big Blue House one down in my truck right now.) I'd love to take these out to the paintball field and set them up in the target range. Problem is, they're cardboard! I've thought about tacking them to some plywood and stake them in the ground.... but how do I keep the cardboard from deteorating under the barrage of paintballs and mother nature?

Any ideas?

Mossman
03-29-2002, 11:52 AM
if you cared enough, tack em to plywood, and put some thin plexiglass over it. thin 1'x1' plexi is only like a buck a sheet, so it might cost 10 bucks to cover em, then you could squeegie the paint off.

Mango
03-29-2002, 12:12 PM
I shoot at trees.

ShooterJM
03-29-2002, 12:22 PM
Originally posted by Mossman
if you cared enough, tack em to plywood, and put some thin plexiglass over it. thin 1'x1' plexi is only like a buck a sheet, so it might cost 10 bucks to cover em, then you could squeegie the paint off.

Yeah, plexiglass is a good idea. Also be sure to waterproof the plywood. I found out the hard way that after a week in the sun and rain, 200 rounds will turn a plywood sheet into mulch.