PDA

View Full Version : Cool New Products from Kila!!

AGD
03-29-2002, 01:43 PM
AO,

Kila came over last night with some cool shoes and headbands. We took some pics to see if you guys are interested in them. The shoes are really fantastic and I use them myself. The soles are like sponge rubber and still get good traction even indoors with paint on the floor.

Tell us what you think!!??

AGD

AGD
03-29-2002, 01:44 PM
Headband

CoFFeY[NiTrO]
03-29-2002, 01:45 PM
The headbands is cool!...... don't know about the shoes though....:p

Skoad
03-29-2002, 01:46 PM
personally im not a big headband kinda guy but it looks good. Those are some heavy duty shoes.

epterry
03-29-2002, 01:57 PM
grovey :D how much $ :eek:

shartley
03-29-2002, 01:57 PM
Headband... looks fine.

Shoes... http://www.automags.org/forums/images/icons/icon13.gifhttp://www.automags.org/forums/images/icons/icon13.gifhttp://www.automags.org/forums/images/icons/icon13.gifhttp://www.automags.org/forums/images/icons/icon13.gifhttp://www.automags.org/forums/images/icons/icon13.gif

lonsch
03-29-2002, 02:03 PM
i have seen those shoes in action. everyone else was slipping all over the place and tom was running just fine. they are great for indoor fields with concrete or carpet floors.

Dubstar112
03-29-2002, 02:12 PM
head band is good. The shoes could use maybe a little bit less of the thickness on the soles(are they stable????). Seems likley to roll your ankle. And add some ankle padding on the shoes too.

Poseidon
03-29-2002, 02:12 PM
Shoes look like hi-top bowling shoes, ugly. Head band look cool though.

Shaft
03-29-2002, 02:20 PM
Who's Kila? Are those shoes something he/she/they/it made or just bought and slapped a patch on there?

Do they come in size 14?

X-Plosive
03-29-2002, 02:43 PM
Converse called, they want there shoe back:D. I'm just kidding but the shows seam real flimsy and have no body. I would want something that is more than thin fabric, similar to a running show with ankle support. Basketball shoes seem to have good ankle support.

pumpamatic
03-29-2002, 02:44 PM
As for the shoes, they aren't very attractive, they look heavy and too thick of soles, but if they work good indoors, they should do the job. The headband, well I never will and never have worn a headband, but it looks decent.

Tim Jacobitz
03-29-2002, 02:49 PM
I think the shoes are cool but need a little more design in the style department.

gibby
03-29-2002, 03:45 PM
Hehe..I'd have to agree with the shoes...they do look like bowling shoes. However, I will agree again that the headband looks good.

Manuel_FZR
03-29-2002, 04:04 PM
If the shoes have really good traction indoors, then: great ... I fell too often on my a** indoors ... ;)

personman
03-29-2002, 04:12 PM
Hey Tom, I have a product for you to sell in the AGD online store! Works well! :)
http://www.automags.org/forums/attachment.php?s=&postid=191304

:D MWAHAHAHA!
But seriously, you could make 30 bucks on these things! :D

magman007
03-29-2002, 04:19 PM
GUYS! RETRO IS IN! i think thier cool! i think that if everyone else in paintball can make a fasion statement, why cant we? Tom i will take a pair in 11 1/2 right now. they coul.d be a package deal! the retro valve with a free pair o retro soles! Also, i will take one of those head bands right away! sign me up for both! Im serrious about the shoes tho, i really would like a pair of 11 1/2's asap!

Gup44
03-29-2002, 04:24 PM
Hey guys the best part of the shoes is the BOTTOM... They are VERY cool. Perhaps they can post some pics of the tread. From What I've heard they can't be beat indoors and work good outdoors too!

I like the headband. Do they come in XXXL for us back guys? He..he..

Hey Kila... You know Tom could save on shipping if you were to bring my C&C Extreme back with you! (just a thought);)

-Gup

Lorquas
03-29-2002, 04:51 PM
i think anything with a cool airgun designs logo is awesome. not shure about the shoes tho because my feet are really picky, and i'd actually would have to try it out, so that makes online order impossible.

X-Plosive
03-29-2002, 05:10 PM
Hrrrm, I can't help but think of the Crown Point barrel discussion. The shoes aren't very appealing to me. It seems as if they are already falling apart and some glue is visible around the toe.

SteveD
03-29-2002, 05:36 PM
The shoes aren't falling apart and that's not glue. Those are the shoes Tom's been wearing and that glue is actually Country Club Paintball's fine white paint. Hopefully he's set up at the Ultimate Madness tourney so I can grab some of those shoes.

SteveD

Load SM5
03-29-2002, 05:50 PM
I actually have some NASCAR pit crew shoes that I got for free from a customer at work. They're not quite high top and have all kinds of ankle support. They work great indoors and are made to not slide on slick surfaces. M-6 boot from www.mechanix.com.

I really like the headband. I'd love to pick one up.

thecavemankevin
03-29-2002, 05:53 PM
the shoes look like beefed up wrestling shoes :)

Bartleby
03-29-2002, 05:54 PM
if those shoes were a little more solid and not so closely resembling all stars, they would be awesome.

AGDmagman2001
03-29-2002, 08:26 PM
I like the headband although I where a JT sock hat (now theres an idea!). I'm not to excited about the shoes though.

BradPalooza
03-29-2002, 08:57 PM
You guys need to stop worrying so much about how the shoes look and appreciate them for how they WORK. If you've slipped, fell, slid past your bunker on slick indoor fields because you lacked traction, these shoes are the way to go.

-Brad

RATM
03-29-2002, 10:30 PM
Yes but certainly image accounts for something or you wouldn't see half the Fade's/Tequila Sunrise/whathaveyous on Mags.

Major Ho
03-29-2002, 11:33 PM
Oh yes definetely, mad kudos for the head band. Shoes are enh... Less colors, like that white band? I think thats gotta go, looks too bowling-esque. All black ;)

Havoc_online
03-30-2002, 12:50 AM
can I get my shoes in red trim instead of white?:D

Croix71
03-30-2002, 01:42 AM
I gotta be honest, I wouldn't buy the shoes.

The headband looks kewl but I wouldn't spend money on this either.

dansim
03-30-2002, 04:47 AM
those shoes look awful and th eheadband isnt very special but an improvment over the shoes oh and load how exactly do you hydroplane while running? man no one runs that fast anyway those m-6 boots are mad to resist hydroplaning so i guess you all set :)

magic55
03-30-2002, 07:11 AM
interesting but it looks like you just threw a logo patch on an old set of shoes

magc68
03-30-2002, 08:15 AM
i wont comment on the shoes...

i do like the headband. simple rough beat up look going on with it. id get one if the price was good.

Load SM5
03-30-2002, 09:04 AM
Originally posted by dansim
those shoes look awful and th eheadband isnt very special but an improvment over the shoes oh and load how exactly do you hydroplane while running? man no one runs that fast anyway those m-6 boots are mad to resist hydroplaning so i guess you all set :)

I'm really, really, fast:D

They do help slippage,though. Saved be from busting my buttocks a few times.

lala
03-30-2002, 08:08 PM
The shoes are for Broomball Its played on what we call I.. C..E.. rinks.(not like the small stuff in your freezer) NO really thay work really good and are lighter than most of a lot of running shoes out there.

kilaueakid
03-31-2002, 12:08 AM
Guys, thanks for all the input regarding the shoes. They are new to paintball, but have been around awhile in another industry. I agree they could have changes in the "style" department and offer more colors. These changes are being looked into for future models.

The shoes are lightweight and provide traction that nothing else can compare to. Out of the dozens of people I know wearing them now, none of them have complained about lack of ankle support or the bottoms "rolling-out". In fact with most people, it has changed the way they play the game, especially indoors. They are extremely comfy which is nice when you are on your feet half or all day long.

The shoes in the pic are my old pair, and yes that patch was put on by me. The new style uses green material instead of white. I got one of the last pairs with white material and plan on dying it navy blue.

The All Americans and Paul B from the Jax Warriors used them in Skyball and are now asking for full team sponsporships. Tom and AGD crew may have some at Ultimate Madness for people to check out and try on.

Here are some pics of the newer style and the sole of the shoe. The current model uses the sole with the circles.

Kila

kilaueakid
03-31-2002, 12:10 AM
And the soles, currently using the pattern on the left with circular holes.

kilaueakid
03-31-2002, 12:20 AM
heres the new shoe style. Rubber grooves can be removed.

Bartleby
03-31-2002, 01:02 AM
how much are they and where can i get them?

*edit*: Wait a minute! Those are broomball shoes? That's amazing!

Snooky
03-31-2002, 11:27 AM
need different color besides green. other than that i like the look of both shoes. now how about getting some cleats on those for us out door guys?

Cliffio
04-09-2002, 11:43 AM
they look like clown shoes

MPC-Tim
04-09-2002, 11:50 AM
Who can I contact to get some of these to sell at my field?

SHAZAM
04-09-2002, 12:06 PM
Hello My name is Shazam,

I love the shoes and just found out about them at the maddness. You may have to wait for all the info on the shoes.

Everyone up their is to busy to talk to me now with all the other stuff going on but if you want you can post or e-mail me what sizes and quanities you want and I will ask John the details and get back to you.

thanks,

shazam

Butch Borsic
04-09-2002, 12:16 PM
i believe those shoes resemble Broom-Ball shoes. its a sport played on ice. people who are serious about it buy these shoes that have either extremely shoft rubber on the bottom or small suction cups to grip the ice.

Oddball
04-09-2002, 01:21 PM
Butch
What happened to 13bps?
That cracked me up.
You know we love ya little buddy
Cya in about 2 weeks

ShooterJM
04-09-2002, 01:23 PM
Originally posted by Load SM5
I actually have some NASCAR pit crew shoes that I got for free from a customer at work. They're not quite high top and have all kinds of ankle support.
I really like the headband. I'd love to pick one up.

yeah I wear indoor soccer cleats or turf football cleats for indoor fields. I think it might be difficult to gauge the level of ankle support needed.

Agree about the headband! I'd pick one up in a heartbeat.:D

banzaimf
04-09-2002, 05:09 PM
I proudly have no fashion sense and I think the Black and white shoes are extrememly cool. I would proudly wear those playing! But... apparently I am in the minority.

banzaimf

SSMercury
07-22-2002, 02:13 AM
Ok, this thread gets resurrected with all the talk of advertising. Plus I need new shoes. Especially some that are good for paintball. And I want a headband.

Gitaroo Man
07-22-2002, 02:23 AM
i would take a headband

DiRTyBuNNy
07-22-2002, 02:28 AM
Where can i get those shoes?

TransMan
07-22-2002, 05:02 AM
I wantthe shoes those ar awsome i likethe seconds ones better but ill take either where cn i get them im gonna wear hem everyday.

Ultimator
07-22-2002, 08:32 AM
2 words for the first pair of shoes: Ronald McDonald ... Hehe seriously they aren't too bad. The secpnd pair of shoes are much more attractive. For the headband ... it looks to short for me. Is it made out of denim? If so they need to make it out of a different material and I would pick it up also :)