PDA

View Full Version : how good are the VL chronos

WickeDKlowN
03-29-2002, 05:14 PM
im thinkin about buying one of those VL chronographs from the local wal-mart for when i play woods ball and stuff, and wanted to know if they were worth the $50 or if i should spend a little more, and get the Pro Chrono Jr. from the local gun shop

krafty
03-29-2002, 05:33 PM
Nothing but trouble. Friend of mine went through 3 before he got one that really worked... and it broke after a couple of weeks.

RoadDawg
03-29-2002, 06:29 PM
First off MCL Juggalo! 2nd thing is VL's chrono sucks if it that stupid barrel one. If I was you I'd get that little handheld one for $75. If indeed it is the barrel one I had more paint break in that thing then it was worth. Peace.

WickeDKlowN
03-29-2002, 07:25 PM
MCL RoadDawg! Well, i figured they would be POS's since they were VL, i guess i will just have ta spend some extra money and get a pro chrony or one of those hand held ones. thanx

Rynoboy06
03-29-2002, 07:46 PM
My handheld Radarchron or whatever it's called works great.

Temo Vryce
03-29-2002, 07:49 PM
THe little yellow hand held ones aren't too bad if you are looking for an approximate reading. If you want a true reading you're going to want to get a big radar chrony. But I would buy one of the yellow hand helds over a VL any day. The trouble with the hand helds is that you never hold them at the sme angle or point on the barrel twice as you hve to take it way from the barrel to read it and reset it.

epterry
03-29-2002, 09:33 PM
vl cronos do not work. they just break paint.:(

Moogie
03-30-2002, 04:03 PM
I'd get the Yellow handheld one (forgot the name), if it good enough to be the offical chrono oh the Pan-Am circuit, its good enough for me.

-Moogie

FordPrefect
03-30-2002, 07:13 PM
The name is RadarChron

-§on-
03-30-2002, 09:43 PM
Cant stand them.....Reason for this? I got a hot gun penalty, the only one of the day when they were running random checks and it must have screwed up becasue I was running at 243 ALL DAY LONG. Then I put it over the hand-held chrono and it says I was going 314? How do you figure? I was running N2, so I dont think it could have been my tank. I was the only "hot" gun all day, I felt pretty cool being singeld out...:rolleyes: