PDA

View Full Version : A Poll for you Tourney Players

Fred
03-30-2002, 05:45 PM
Hypothetically Speaking:

IF there was a Pump Division in the tournament you were playing (doesn't matter if you don't usually play pump), and you could play for FREE in the Pump Division AND your normal division, would you play in both?

Yes or No?

This is branching off an Idea a few of us at the Pump Players Internet Group had after Skyball, where the PPIG team got the Sportsmanship award. :)

HoppysMag
03-30-2002, 06:33 PM
dude i played stock class against tippman M98's and spyder AMG's today, they where set on 3 round burst. in pump ( especialy stock class) it shows that its the player NOT the gun... besides pump is fun.... is it stock or just pump?

danEboy
03-30-2002, 07:09 PM
I'm biased but I voted anyways..... :p

Dan

Fred
03-30-2002, 07:25 PM
I think it's hard enough to get people to play regular pump class, and its easier to find normal pumps.

Stock Class is definitely more hardcore, I love doing it, but it's really hard to even find small groups who will play SC.

Pump is just easier... i mean harder... wait... :P

FordPrefect
03-30-2002, 08:09 PM
I would play pump if it were free. It would probably be fun(and a learning experience, from getting my butt kicked by all the hard core guys).

theraidenproject
03-30-2002, 11:30 PM
i voted yea. free is good, + i would want the experience.

Jonno06
03-31-2002, 09:30 AM
eh,i would forget to pump the gun...

unless.....i can just hold down trigger and pump pump pump.also,if you could use hoppers and constant air also.

HoppysMag
03-31-2002, 09:33 AM
Jonno thats called auto trigger and most pumps have it. and i belive he means pump class not Stock Class. ( Stock Class is the one With 12grams and 10-20 round tubes incase anyone didnt know)

DarkRipper
03-31-2002, 10:09 AM
I started out playing stock class... then I got an automag.

:)

Now I use other semis, but what I'm really saying is that I'd do it for a lark, but not for any real amount of time. My days of enjoying stock class are over for the most part.

DR

animal
03-31-2002, 11:43 AM
We recently ran pumps in a 5 man semi tourney. It was actually 4 pumps and a PT extreme. We did take first in the low tech semi division, and held alot better than anyone thought we would've with pumps in the high tech division.

soilent green
03-31-2002, 02:53 PM
I got a stock class phantom I do play pump and stock games at a local woods feild they got 2 pump games a year and one stock class a year I've gone a couple times and love it

Fred
03-31-2002, 06:59 PM
Thanks for all your input guys, but I want some more!

Come on, how many of you guys would like to get in 4-6 more games in at any given tourney? more playing time, maybe as a warmup for your regular division?

Opinions would be cool too, since PPIG is trying to put together a 10 man team for this summer....

KamikazePenguin
03-31-2002, 09:50 PM
3 months of strict PGP playing, and it was the most fun i'd ever had playing paintball.

pip_999
03-31-2002, 10:38 PM
i miss my days of playing stock-class

sometimes i go out to my field and i am jsut itchng to get out the PGP/Maverick

but tehn i realized i sold em :(

MajorDamage
04-01-2002, 02:10 AM
Yeah! Pump is fun! I played a completly free 1on1 pump tounrey(paint, air, and Phantoms included! You didnt get to keep the Phantoms though lol) and figured I would stink like crazy, but I came in second in my division. The guy who got first in my division took first in the whole tourney. I never got shot all day, I was called out when I played the guy who got in first because I had a shell on me :(. I won the first game and walked off without hanging the flag though...:(! What a dork eh'? I lost some points for that one! But I think I ended up with like 6th place for the whole tourney, not too bad seeing as how it was my first time playing pump(unless you count me using a vulcan pump for a game by my house lol). Pump is great though!

ENDO!

pip_999
04-01-2002, 01:01 PM
nt

nutz
04-01-2002, 03:45 PM
playing with a pump is fun in any situation!!!

pumps are cool

i would do it for sure

Psycow
04-03-2002, 03:58 AM
I would actually like to start playing pump. The way I see it it can only help my game, especially with acuaracy. One of our local teams, team Blaze, played with pumps in their first tourny and they came fourth against guys with some pretty hi-tech markers. They are now using cockers, but they still don't use a lot of paint and usually end up in the top end of the rankings. They don't even take in extra paint, usually use only one box of paint between the whole team with a tournament and theire snap shooting is amazing. Trust me I've been on the receiving end plenty of times!!

pip_999
04-03-2002, 09:12 AM
i like it when i see teams going through one case in like 4-8 games

i respect them (if tehy win)

cause that takes some skill, cause after all most people live by the rule

ACCURACY BY VOLUME

i am ashamed to say i do

Muzikman
04-03-2002, 05:01 PM
If I do not play 10man with POG at the IAO I plan on playing with PPIG if there are still a spot open. I would play 5 man with PPIG at the IAO for sure if they decide to organize a 5man team.

pito189
12-18-2002, 12:47 PM
Ofcourse I would the more paintball the better. :D

RetroEclipseMan
12-18-2002, 01:16 PM
I would definately do it. I haven't played with a pump in a few years but it'd definately be fun and a good learning experience.

TheTramp
12-18-2002, 02:52 PM
I would absolutly play in a pump only tournament. I'm not sure about stock class but regular pump would be a lot of fun.

FalconGuy016
12-18-2002, 04:24 PM
I would play any paintball because paintball is really fun

im not crazy about it though :)

EsPo
12-18-2002, 05:16 PM
i think that stock/pump class would be 800 times harder than using a semi... thats why i would like to try it. it would show how good of a player you really are.