PDA

View Full Version : Natl Introduce a Woman to Paintball Weekend-June1 & 2

Clare
03-31-2002, 06:29 AM
"WomenInPaintball.com (femmesfatales.org and womeninpaintball.com) is proud to organize the first ever Introduce a Woman to Paintball Weekend. This national event will allow women to try out paintball on the same day as many other women, and not feel totally outnumbered by the guys. Women can comfortably have fun side by side with other women who are also just starting out. Plus, all participating fields must offer a discount for the women. The incentive is there! Grab your girlfriend, mom, sister, niece, cousin, best friend, and enjoy a great day of paintball. Share your sport with your favorite femme! The date for Introduce a Woman to Paintball Weekend is June 1st and 2nd, 2002."

So there you go....you all gotta start with the persuading! :)

http://www.femmesfatales.org/iwp/pretty.gif

shartley
03-31-2002, 06:36 AM
I think it is great to get more women into the sport.

One of the good ways to get women to play is offer them special rates or FREE days at fields. Adventure Games Paintball in Weare, NH has offered these for a couple years now at least.

Thumbs up for www.womeninpaintball.com and www.femmesfatales.org . http://automags.org/forums/images/icons/icon14.gif

cphilip
03-31-2002, 09:14 AM
I hope this takes off. Good idea.

SlipknotX556
03-31-2002, 09:18 AM
That is a great Idea.

Jonno06
03-31-2002, 09:25 AM
ok,so this lady's paintball day or whatnot is at every field right? Kinda like a holiday,or is it just in a certain state?

Clare
03-31-2002, 03:40 PM
There are fields in these participating states that are offering discounts and such, so far! They're currently working on getting more. If you go to their website they have links on states...and will list the fields.

participating fields (http://www.femmesfatales.org/iwp/index.shtml#fields)

http://www.femmesfatales.org/iwp/komix.gif

MantisMag
03-31-2002, 06:30 PM
wow that's awesome. there's no fields listed in nj though. :( i would've invited a few girls i know.

Croix71
03-31-2002, 06:45 PM
Great idea! Now, I gotta see if I can get the wife to play. :D

striker
03-31-2002, 07:41 PM
Cool! :)

Jonno06
04-01-2002, 05:11 PM
too bad my field isnt doing it....

i think this is a sign....my birthday is June 1st!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!..ill be 16! !w00t!

Drizit
04-01-2002, 06:15 PM
you know we should tell all our local fields about this. perhaps they would want to participate, and just don't know about it. I know that's what i'll be doing this weekend.

MantisMag
04-01-2002, 08:32 PM
yes i will most definitely be telling my field about this on sunday.

LawFox32
04-02-2002, 09:06 AM
I already got a friend of mine to come and play some paintball for the 1st and 2nd, its gonna be a lot of fun

Clare
04-02-2002, 06:41 PM
If you all want to show to field owners, distribute, etc..there are printable posters :D
posters (http://www.femmesfatales.org/iwp/posters.shtml)

Blazingace
04-05-2002, 01:55 PM
Trying to really get my girlfriend into it. She used to play with my old VM-68 and kick my @ss from long range. So I cheated and bought her a Shutter Java. She likes purple too, so I got the purple anodized one. Now she wants to cover it up, she thinks the anodizing gives away her position.:D :D

PFAutomag33
04-05-2002, 02:04 PM
I think it is great to have woman in paintball. They have this thing at Hell Surviors on Mother's Day where moms play free, hope to see more of this going on!

wyn1370
04-05-2002, 03:33 PM
I've gotten a few women to come and play. But not many. I usually dont' look for a special day, cause I'm happy if they'll come play any day possible.

martlet1
04-08-2002, 10:18 AM
Women at a paintball field.. ... That would be great, they could cook burgers, and clean barrels........whoops.. just kidding.
Alot of girls play at both fields I play at. Im usually a little scared of them, they play different. Sometimes they have some old boyfriend hatred, and you are a replacement for their anger. I have only been really overshot twice in a game, both times by female players........hey, just an observation.
I like having the ladies teams at tourneys, I think it is great.

DJSOLID
04-08-2002, 01:23 PM
I'm enthused. Guys watch out though. Women have the potential to not only be competitive in this sport but superior. Think about it:

1. Women on average have smaller frames, thus presenting a smaller target per capita.

2. Women's bodies and hip structures naturally allow them to be more flexible, thus squeezing into smaller crouched positions. (Turn all dirty minds off at this point, I'm being serious.)

3. It has been proven scientifically that women have a higher threshold for pain. This could lead to the advantage when anticipating a paintball impact in a firefight. (This may be stretching it a bit, but give em the brenefit of the doubt, right?)

4. There will often be a doofus on the field that belives that "she's just a girl" and get lax. She'll flank him and lit him up like an xmas tree.

I belive paintball is a promising sport for women athletes, because they are truly on an equal level with men.

MPC-Tim
04-09-2002, 11:58 AM
Milwaukee Paintball Center will be participating in this weekend. All women will have free field fees and rentals May 31st, June 1&2. We even have a women's locker room!

Jason Reed
04-10-2002, 03:56 PM
This is a good idea. My girlfriend got me into paintball. She said she wanted to take me some were one day and that I had to be blind folded. When we got there I felt her put something over my head(mask)and she told me to get out of the car. She walked me down a path and told me to sit right her and placed a gun in my hand(my first mag}. I heard a whistle blow and she took the blind fold off and I was in the middle of a paintball game. It was really exciting and i have been hooked ever sense. I thought she was awesome for doing this for me it was a really good idea, i have the best girlfiend in the world.