PDA

View Full Version : Retro question.

The Mag Man
03-31-2002, 06:37 PM
Does the Retro valve for Automags have the "sweet" spot like an RT? Because I was thinking about doing the valve for valve swap, and I shot an old RT yesterday, and I didn't like it that much. It would short stroke a lot after hitting the "sweet" spot, balls were breaking left and right! I ask because my friend shot a "Retro" Mag and he said it wasn't anything like the Automag RT, he said the trigger was stiff, at around 800 psi output. Can anybody give me some input?

TheMagMan
03-31-2002, 08:09 PM
Well I have a RT Pro and a ReTro Valve and I tend to lean towards my Pro valve more. It's just got a more clean crisp feel to each shot. IMO the ReTro is very good but I do notice a little more of a "stiff" trigger pull.

my 0.02

The Mag Man
03-31-2002, 08:51 PM
Well I have an Intelliframe with a stock 68 valve, I can really whale on that beast. I would like to know if I get a Retro valve, will I see THAT much of a difference, besides, it is 200 bucks. Is it really worth it?

xmetal2001
03-31-2002, 09:31 PM
If i'm not mistaken, the RT Pro valve and the retro valve are identical.

TheMagMan
03-31-2002, 09:46 PM
Originally posted by xmetal2001
If i'm not mistaken, the RT Pro valve and the retro valve are identical.

I know and for some reason the ReTro is harder to pull. Don't get me wrong, it goes reactive but the Pro Valve is very smooth.

Also as I look up I did not mention that the Pro Valve is only a few months old from factory and I got the ReTro used so it could be pretty worn out. All the internals look really good and I already used the RT rebuilt kit on it. So ... I don't know.

a_malfunction
03-31-2002, 09:54 PM
It could be differences in the input pressure and on/off pin lengths causing the differences in the two.

The Mag Man
04-01-2002, 04:12 PM
Up. Does the Retro Valve have the "sweet" spot?

Predater
04-01-2002, 07:50 PM
if your chopping just lower the input. that will make the trigger less reactive.

Panzerr
04-04-2002, 05:08 PM
The RT valve and the ReTro Valve have the same performance characteristics. Differences between individual gun setups with either valve are in the trigger frame, the trigger, the input pressure and the length of the on/off pin. If you properly set up your RT or ReTro, you will sweet spot easliy. It will also be mroe difficult to short stroke.

You can't shoot one RT and say they all suck. People need to understand this. RTs need to be tuned to get the best performance out of them.