PDA

View Full Version : Gas through grip on RT pro.... How?

JEDI
04-01-2002, 08:59 AM
If I wanna replace the rt pro grip with a gas through, how do I do it. I dont wanna lose that lower rail. Is the stock grip screwed into a vert adapt, or is it screwed to that rail. Do I have to look for a specific gas through? A company called fighter X sports makes em specifically for standard mag frames.

Potatoboy
04-01-2002, 09:04 AM
If you can find the foregrip for an old RT it will be a direct replacement.

If you take the body off the rail and remove the bracket for the RTPro foregrip there is a hole you can punch out of the rail (like a standard mag) and put on a standard Automag Vert. ASA or Foregrip.

JEDI
04-01-2002, 09:10 AM
I dont wanna lose the lower vented rail on the gun. An old rt gas through makes sense. Any other way though with a new gas through + rail?

Potatoboy
04-01-2002, 09:14 AM
well, a gas through should fit on that bracket as well, it may look a little ackward but it should work. If you take that rail off you can see how the foregrip screws in. An Automag grip or a vert ASA should be able to screw into one of the two holed for the stock grip.

JEDI
04-01-2002, 09:30 AM
Both grips, rt & rt pro look like they attach to that bracket the same. Do they?

Potatoboy
04-01-2002, 09:32 AM
Yes, but regular mag grips only have one hole, so they would attach a little differently.

PsychoMag
04-01-2002, 05:47 PM
goto skanline.com, they have a really sweet DYE Gas thru.

Predater
04-01-2002, 06:37 PM
im having Dingo make me one. his woork looks good and its only about 50 bux to be made how i want it.

daaper
04-15-2002, 07:00 PM
i had the same problem, and the day i called AGD for the old RT grip was the day they sold their very last one (figures). so what i did was drill a hole thru the center of the grip just a little bigger than a microline hose. the guess what i ran thru my grip... :D

hope this helps
brandon

sifu01
04-15-2002, 08:04 PM
Originally posted by daaper
i had the same problem, and the day i called AGD for the old RT grip was the day they sold their very last one (figures). so what i did was drill a hole thru the center of the grip just a little bigger than a microline hose. the guess what i ran thru my grip... :D

hope this helps
brandon

I'm the guy who bought it on 4-12-02! hahaha!

cphilip
04-16-2002, 08:45 AM
You can convert the new one to do this. It already has part drilled bottom and threaded right. All you have to do is drill half way into the side and finish the hole up from the bottom and cut threads into the side hole. Some here have done it and described it to me. Take it to someone with a good drill press and thread tap for the 1/8 NPT. Shouldn't be too expensive to have it done.

muleskinner
04-18-2002, 05:30 PM
Have you recieved anything from dingo yet? I placed an order with him (paid for) and havent received anything yet. been about a month. I've called- Emailed left messages everything. he wont return my calls or money! Beware of that that loser.

Autotrigger
04-18-2002, 07:28 PM
I modified a stock mag vertical asa to work on my RT Pro. I ground the asa flat where it bolts to the bracket and then drilled an 1/8 inch hole and pinned it so it would not rotate on the bracket. Then I used a standard gas-thru grip. It worked slick!

JEDI
04-19-2002, 09:59 AM
Hey, can you explain this a little more, or include a pic. This sounds interesting, and I would like to try it.

Predater
04-19-2002, 01:47 PM
Originally posted by muleskinner
Have you recieved anything from dingo yet? I placed an order with him (paid for) and havent received anything yet. been about a month. I've called- Emailed left messages everything. he wont return my calls or money! Beware of that that loser.

no. i ended up not buying it. he never replied to my last email so i gave up on him.