PDA

View Full Version : Just a lil poll: DYE 2x frame vs Benchy 2x frame...

ScoobYSnax
04-01-2002, 11:05 AM
What do you guys think between these two frames? Feel free to reply with any experiences/thoughts on the two products.

-Which do you feel is better? Why is that?
-What has the shorter pull?
-What one is more crisp and not as sloppy?
-Which one looks better?
-Will one cause more wear and tear than the other?

NOTE: Intelliframe is not a choice, so just try compare between these two. Thanks!!

pip_999
04-01-2002, 01:11 PM
well i can say its pretty much one sided
cause benchy SUX

Restola
04-01-2002, 01:22 PM
NOTE: Intelliframe is not a choice, so just try compare between these two.
then i choose not to choose

GallagherAtWar
04-01-2002, 01:27 PM
benchy pull is light i like it

Benchy!

J
04-01-2002, 06:35 PM
Looks awsome, feels awsome, fires.. awsome.

Only thing good about a Benchy in that its already put together. DYE is a b**** to put together, took me like an hour with a hacksaw and a spare washer, but its great.

btw, my friend also has one, no probs there too

ScoobYSnax
04-01-2002, 06:42 PM
Hmm, your little comment about putting a DYE frame together scares me. Is it really a pain? Should i find a tutorial on how to do it? I currently have a benchy 2x... Thanks guys for your thoughts on this!

GallagherAtWar
04-01-2002, 08:37 PM
the dye frame doesnt come with a safty or grips and i believe theres no trigger. See your buying just the frame and nothing else get the benchy and save the time.

Chri$$

Wc Keep
04-01-2002, 09:14 PM
the benchy is awesome. the trigger is real light and i can get 10 bps with the most of ease on it. only problem is that some parts of the trigger towards the top are uncomfortable.

ScoobYSnax
04-01-2002, 09:50 PM
Well, I'm getting both--DYE frame, trigger, safety, grips and I currently have the benchy. I will try them out this weekend and see which I like better. Thanks guys for the help, feel free to keep posting your thoughts if you'd like.

halB
12-17-2002, 09:24 PM
good on benchy:
its light

bad:
the benchy has a hideously long trigger pull
incredibly easy to short stroke
lots of slop, i mean lots of slop and play.
bad bad bad bad bad!!
get teh dye, even though it will void your warrantee.

oh yes btw: once u get done paying for all the things on the dye trigger frame you've pretty much spent enough to get an intelliframe. dont get a benchy though, youll be mad and sad.

why not try that medusa thingy?

paint magnet
12-17-2002, 09:36 PM
Why no Intelliframe? If you're buying both you could have bought one...

Anyway I'd rather use the stock frame than the Benchy any day, that thing is a piece. Only good thing is it works, but it has so much slop it's hard to tell whether it's meant to pivot front to back or side to side and it's longer than a stock spyder frame. You'd be better off getting one of those 20 dollar aftermarket double triggers for the stock frame.

giblit
12-18-2002, 11:49 PM
on my old mag had a benchy on it and i didnt really like it. i perfered the stock trigger frame. go intel or nothing at all.

Gunga
12-19-2002, 04:00 PM

"Diamond Labs or Dye frames invalidate the warranty and will require a $45 rebuild fee. Benchmark and, of course, our own Intelliframes will not invalidate the warranty if they have not been modified."

Hacker240
12-19-2002, 04:44 PM
I absolutely love the benchy 1x frames, and the two finger are good, but i couldnt pull them fast. They dye frame 70 trigger 10 stickies 25 =105 = intelliframe u do the math.:mad:

ogre55
12-19-2002, 04:48 PM
While the Benchy may not invalidate the warranty, I agree with what the others have said regarding it's trigger pull and slop. I played with it for two years and got used to it eventually, but now that I revently acquired an Intelliframe, I have no idea how or why I have been using the Benchy for as long as I have. Itelliframe all the way.

Ogre

DiRTyBuNNy
12-19-2002, 08:01 PM
Just an indication for all you Dye frame users....Dye only milled 50 Automags Frames last year, single or double trigger, anyone care to tell me how many Intelli Frames were built in the last year? I'm guessing it's quite a bit more than 50...

obsolete898
12-20-2002, 12:53 PM
Benchy 2x frames are poop. I had one on my mag and wanted to throw the damn thing out a window. They by far have the worst pull ever. The pull is at least an inch, it's like shooting a spyder. Also the side to side slop is horredous. I wouldn't shoot a mag with a benchy frame again, even if you paid me.

The best mechanical frame for mags is the intelliframe, hands down.

magnj
12-21-2002, 09:12 PM
i have had both, my sear didnt fit in the dye for some reason and the pull was nasy to me. The benchy gets the job done but has slop.

pbguy888
12-22-2002, 06:08 PM
Anybody notice how stupid the safety on the becnhy's is or is it just me? Having to pull it out to turn the safety off wtf is up with that?!? The way I play caused me to bump it. But as of friday I have an intelly! Thanks T Type:D