PDA

View Full Version : E-Mag Woes

G-Rexx
04-01-2002, 12:37 PM
I have had my E-MAG for just over a year, and I have treated it w/ kid gloves. I don't play w/ it in the rain or snow or any bad weather (I have two other Mags which I can swap off which are great) And there are only about 4 cases of paint through it.
This past weekend, I charged up my battery, loaded my gear, and went to play. My E-MAG wouldn't shoot electro. I checked the display and found it dead. Played the balance of the day manual and checked the gun at home. I re-charged the battery and let it run down, re-charged it and the charger light indicated that it was fully charged only after a few minuets (i'm thinking bad battery)however, with the battery in this state of charged, it displayed all my settings, but still wouldn't allow me to fire in electro.

Is it the battery, board or both.
Your help is greatly appreciated!!! :confused:

Quiet
04-01-2002, 01:05 PM
You've had it a year and have only put 4 cases through it, maybe it's punishing you. I had the same experience with a girlfriend:D

Seriously, call/e-mail AGD, it's what their there for.

hitech
04-01-2002, 01:31 PM
On some of the chargers the light will change to green before the battery is charged. Leave it on the charger for a while and try it again.

BlackVCG
04-01-2002, 04:36 PM
If everything is lighting up properly, but it still won't fire in E-Mode, then your HES magnet is out of range or the HES unit inside the frame is broke. First try moving the magnet in and out to see if you can get it to fire. If none of that works, take off the grip panel, unplug the three wire connecter on the board and then unscrew the screw holding down the plastic cover for the HES chip. Check to make sure none of the wires are broke or that there's any other noticeable damage.

G-Rexx
04-02-2002, 07:55 AM
Quiet, LOL!!!!

Hitech and Black VGC, Thanks I'll try your suggestions!!!