PDA

View Full Version : Retro Trigger Pull

venison
04-01-2002, 04:08 PM
I am trying to get used to the trigger pull now that I have a retro valve.
I find that I have to release the trigger fully or it will short stroke. When i try to really torque it up I get an amazing rate of fire. It seems that when i pull once it shoots twice. I can keep this up but after about 5 trigger pulls I short stroke one. My question is does the trigger have to be fully let go by my finger between pulls. I don't know what to expect from the retro valve so any help would be a great help. I don't want to take this on the field and spend most of the day cleaning pukers.

drx975
04-01-2002, 04:44 PM
I'm not too familiar with the RT or Retro Valves, but I'm pretty sure you have to release the trigger all the way no matter what. How can you even short stroke a Retro? I cant short stroke my Minimag, I have to really try hard to do it, and I couldnt imagine being able to do it on a Retro. Maybe somethin else is going wrong, but if you think you are short-stroking, you probably are.

venison
04-01-2002, 05:31 PM
On the 5th trigger pull i hear the same sound that my stock valve would make Pffffft. {Close as i can get. } I was shooting some paint and they would just slow arc from the barrel. If i pull the trigger all the way in and release the trigger completly no problem. The thing is if thats the way you have to shoot the retro what would be the advantage of this valve other than the recharge rate.:confused:

PsychoMag
04-01-2002, 05:36 PM
When you are used to the valve, you will realize that the valve will "tell you" when it is fully extended. My RT can rip faster than most electros out there becuase I took alot of practice and empty air tanks to get it to that point. I actually put it over the red chrono and pulled over 10bps with it. I actually have to tune it down to play tourneys. Now if I can only get my Emag to shoot that fast....ahhh Hybrid