PDA

View Full Version : My friend wants a mag, but has only $400 to spend on everything

Mad_Cow_Midgetz
04-01-2002, 04:36 PM
He is a "newbie" but after playing a few games with my brothers mag he wants to buy his own gear including a mag.
He has a price range of $400 to spend on a mask, hopper, nitro, and the tko p/f mag
Tell me what he should get plz!
ps:no used stff or trading

Webmaster
04-01-2002, 04:43 PM
Buying it all new will really stretch that 400 to the max- probably not possible...

but you should be able to find a mag and n2 for 400 or so - just look around in the classifieds. Sorry its used - I want a BMW for 10,000 - Guess I wont find a new one for that - will I?

FooTemps
04-01-2002, 04:51 PM
[anouncer voice] And now for some ranting Tempura [/anouncer voice]

I don't get why some people are so picky about new or used. A mag is a mag and new mags aren't any different from old mags. I mean, cars is different but the level 7 mag has been out since 1992 or something like that. No improvements whatsoever. It's the fricken same gun with even more upgrades for half the price! ERRR! It's not like the gun is broken or the gun is out dated! They haven't changed for about 10 years! I mean, if you are like "Used mags are old and sucky". I would be like "But used mags are the same as new mags". All they have is different serial numbers. The tko is nothing but a mag with a tko drop, tko foregrip/expansion chamber, and barrel. Nothing different there. And don't expect to get no supermag either, I mean, these things are just a concept right now. It's not like you're gonna get one if you buy a mag now. I understand the the new nitro and new mask but getting stuff like hoppers and guns used is not a problem. I mean, I'm buying a 12 vlt revvy off my friend. I'm also going to buy used nitro to save some money. I really think that new is overrated for things such as mags. I would understand stuff like angels but mags haven't really changed for years! And what's with those angels? They're always changing year to year like the pervious gun isn't good enough anymore...And what's with those tv shows?

::Bows::

I needed to do my ranting now or I would have been cranky...

Mad_Cow_Midgetz
04-01-2002, 05:02 PM
lol ^
its not me being picky, he just doesnt like to spend that much money on sumthing used... i told him he could get a really nice price on a package off ebay, otherwise it would cost him near 500 bucks.
ah well i guess im hopeing for the impossible.:p

FooTemps
04-01-2002, 05:18 PM
lol... I wish I could do that rant right in front of him. It would be pretty funny. Too bad for him then. Tell him to buy a talon if he doesn't want to spend that much money...

I mean, a new crossfire 68/3000 nitro is somewhere around $150, then a new tko mag is somewhere around $350, then a new mask like a v-force morph or jt flex 7 is about $70, then a good hopper is $50 new. That adds up to $620 not including paint, field, and fill costs...

recballer
04-01-2002, 06:47 PM
actually:
a crossfire 68/3000 steel tank is no more than $130, $150 is too much
a p/f tko mag is only $280, not $350
you can get a JT spectra thermal for around $50
and you were about right on the $50 hopper.

thats about $510 so you were right madcow

FooTemps
04-01-2002, 07:06 PM
OH yeah! I forgot that the mag prices were dropped after christmas. I wasn't talking about the steel tanks either. I forgot it was about getting the cheapest stuff.