PDA

View Full Version : the E-Mags trigger...

RT_Luver
04-01-2002, 04:44 PM
I'm getting an E-mag in about one week and I've been reading some of these threads and I'm a litle confused. I know that the video it comes with and manual will explain it all but I would like to have a little background info to add that too so I can understand it better. how exactly does the E-mag trigger work and how do u adjust it and can u adjust it so far that it wont shoot??thnaks....any info will be greatly appreciated

Load SM5
04-01-2002, 05:19 PM
In a nutshell.....

How it fires-A magnet in the trigger is sensed by a Hall effect sensor in the frame when it gets close enough.

You adjust the travel though a screw the top of the frame near the sear.
You adjust the firing point through the magnet in the trigger itself.
And the trigger weight is adjusted through adding or removing magnets in a stack above the trigger.

It is possible to adjust it so close without backing out the trigger magnet so it can't fire. It takes a little messing around but it's not hard.

Congrats on the E-mag.

RT_Luver
04-01-2002, 05:25 PM
is it adjusted pretty good when it comes? I figure it does since its made by AGD.i want it as little and as lite of a trigger pull as possible.

FooTemps
04-01-2002, 05:27 PM
You can set the triggers so it can fire an a vibration right?

Load SM5
04-01-2002, 05:39 PM
wel it can be set really short and you can lighten the pull even further by taking out all the magnets but 1 and having a few folded bits of paper between the one magnet and the frame. I don't like mine so short you can just tap it but it can get that short.

boss_automager
04-01-2002, 06:38 PM
I take it you sold your Rt for this E-mag huh.:D

the123
04-01-2002, 07:42 PM
from the factory, the trigger is gonna rip. I know people who have had their e-mags over a year and have never changed a single thing on their trigger and love it. Most everyone else loves to tinker. Including me. :)
There is 1 magnet and a o-ring under it for my trigger weight.. It's super light and I can rip too much paint with it. I'm about broke. my suggestion, leave the trigger how it comes so you don't go broke too..
Brian

RT_Luver
04-01-2002, 10:53 PM
good advice but I dont know if I can follow it. I'm like most people. tinker with it until either it breaks or its perfect. I hope for the second and usually get the first

cphilip
04-02-2002, 09:22 AM
Mine was pretty much right when it came outa the box. But you know the first thing I had to do to it don't you? ;)

But I just got it back from AGD and while it was there Gunga set it all up right for me and it rocks now. I don't got the knack for setting it but even out of wack a ways this thing is still sweet!

See my signature line...You are in for a treat!