PDA

View Full Version : RT wont cock

HuBeT
04-01-2002, 10:10 PM
When i gass up my RT it wont cock, it barrel leaks, But i can get it to cock if i play with it enough, holding the bolt ect, anybody have an easy solution?

Butterfingers
04-01-2002, 10:14 PM
The RT requires a quick bust of air to seat the o-rings. The faster the better. Screw in your tank or gas up your on/off more quickly.

Poseidon
04-01-2002, 10:22 PM
Try holding the trigger completly down when you gas it.

You may have put the spacer and o-ring in the wronge order (the rt still uses spacers, right? im clueless when it comes to RT's).

HuBeT
04-02-2002, 05:22 AM
the faster i open the on/off the faster it leakkes, but the trigger worked, is there any reason you think it would have just started this? bc ive been using it fine for about 3 months, but thanks :D k off to school i go, lol

TITAN
04-02-2002, 08:02 PM
change your power tube oring

PyRo
04-02-2002, 08:37 PM
Over time the bolt and sear wear down. That could cause this to start happening. If you really want, a differant size PT spacer might help you. But holding the trigger back isn't such a bad thing. I think they recommend that you hold it back anyway.

Poseidon
04-02-2002, 10:11 PM
sounds like a powertube o-ring problem.

PyRo
04-03-2002, 07:11 AM
Now that I look at this some more, I think that it is unlikely a PT o-ring problem. Try the differant procedure gassing up. That should help you, if then try some PT spacers. Try the o-ring if you won't it won't hurt, its like a 0.50 part.

RTrampage
04-03-2002, 07:39 AM
well when my RT leaks down the barrel I take the valve out and unscrew the regulater from the rest of it and where the reg meats the valve there should be a little o ring in the hole on the end of the reg, well sometimes it slides over onto the valve and that will cause it to leak down the barrel as well