PDA

View Full Version : cleaning valve assembly

jim bond
04-01-2002, 11:55 PM
when cleaning the valve/power tube assembly,what is the best thing to use?????
i've been cleaning things with a towel,then just lube every-thing up really good after-ward...
is there a cleaner that "you guys" use????
like when cleaning the regulator valve/spring on so on..
also the regulator seat/just soap and water,then oil every-thing really good...?????
will lithium grease be ok for the sping pack..????
thanks for your help.....jim:)

PyRo
04-02-2002, 02:58 PM
You really don't need to do much to clean your valve. You can just whipe the outside down with a paper towel. You don't need to take the valve apart every time you play. The reg seat shouldn't be cleaned with soap and water. You should technically replace the reg seat every time you take teh two valve halves apart.

virus
04-02-2002, 03:20 PM
lazy man clean up..... (dont work with elec. grip frames)

1. remove anything that uses batteries, mounted to the marker, (usally just warp and hopper.....) and put a couple of drops of oil into an air inlet to the valve

2. gas up

3. hose down/spray/ swish around in toilet(ok to do to annoying jerk at fields marker, just have rubber gloves first) =)

4. pat dry with towel... fire marker (whlie pointing in a safe direction) to get oil to go through and get rid of most of the water on bolt....

5. degass take out valve, wipe down, dry off the idside of the body and feed tube

6. reassemble and put away for next time....

now for the really lazy guy cleaning method.... do as above excpet maybe once a month.... though cleans out the feed tube and barrels should get down much more often... esp if ya still chop..... BTW this is my method... i'm lazy... as i look over to my gear bag there are still paint shells on my knee/shin pads and paint splatter on my lense(that gets cleaned the day b4 i play)

not to mention my AGD hat has a lot of dried splatter on it =)

paintsprayer
04-02-2002, 04:39 PM
i'm glad to see that someone else is the same way that i am. I am so lazy and that is exactly the way i clean my 68 automag, except, i swish in water, then pat dry, then oil and gas up, then shoot until dry and oil has cycled. i'm a new mag owner, and thats just the way i do it. if your method is better, i would like to change my ways. is your method better? and if so why?

than205
04-02-2002, 06:04 PM
Soaking it while gassed will keep the water from going where it's not supposed to go. Read you owners manual for reference.
But in the toilet?...... That's nasty!
Can you imagine?
You: Dude how did you find me? I have a ghillie suit!
Opposition: Your marker stinks!

Still, I personally don't soak my marker.
A little warm water.
Dry
Oil
Re-assemble
dry fire to spook the wife (for good measure)

virus
04-02-2002, 08:38 PM
:D but the toilet is only for the annoyin kids marker at the field... that an portapotties work better for that :D

but as someone else said if your gonna dunk or hose it down keep it gassed up to keep out the water.... plus its fun to splash water around while firing it under water =p

PyRo
04-02-2002, 08:52 PM
Hehe, ive cleaned my gun more times than I have played with it.