PDA

View Full Version : palmer stabilzer make mags run well on co2?

Aliens-8-MyDad
04-02-2002, 12:26 PM
ok so nitro tanks are so expense and co2 is cheap around me, co2 tanks are lighter and its always hot in texas so no frozen stuffs... but if i get a $60 inline stabiler and put it below my gas thru will it keep my gun from freezing and co2 outta the valve like it says? nitrogen tanks are just so expenive and i can only get my tank filled at the field... well my nitro tank isnt working so i was gonna get a new one but i just thoght about these stabilzers... ok well can someone tell me if it does what it says it does and how well of a job it does...

pip_999
04-02-2002, 12:29 PM
i have never ever seen one on a mag, but i saw one on a cocker once, the guy had that runnin on a anti-siphon co2, and his chrony rates were pretty good

but then in the long run i would just get compressed if you can otherwise, get this and u should be set

also try and get an anti-siphon

i dont know how good it would be without an anti-siphon

cphilip
04-02-2002, 12:30 PM
Those Palmers are real good. But I would get the Male one that replaces your gas through. They are like $90 but they are the real solution to the problem. I assume you are using a Stock valve right?

Panzerr
04-02-2002, 12:35 PM
They work very, very well on the a.i.r. valve. We tried forcing one to go liquid once and absolutely could not. If you must shoot Co2, get a Palmer!

cphilip
04-02-2002, 12:37 PM
In fact they are the only one I would buy.

boggerman
04-02-2002, 12:55 PM
I run one on my minimag with either anti-siphon or remote, and have no problems. I live in Colorado, so you should have no worries in Texas. I agree with cphillip, get a male and use it as a foregrip, that is how I am setup and it works great.

pip_999
04-02-2002, 01:06 PM
looks like majority votes yes

check reviews on www.pbreview.com

might get some feedback there that would be both good and bad about it

i always go there before i buy a product to see what the user experiences are

liigod
04-02-2002, 01:27 PM
stabalizers are sick, but cost to much like 100+

The bob long torpedo regs... are teh same thing, he stole the guts. Buy ona those.

Aliens-8-MyDad
04-02-2002, 04:57 PM
see i wanted an inline one because they are only like $60 insteado of $95 and i would just conect it to the botom of my gas thru and run it to my asa botomline. why would the male vert be better? its a hella lot more Dollars

Aliens-8-MyDad
04-02-2002, 05:02 PM
im really just wondering if it will make co2 perform as well as nitro without the palmer reg...

hitech
04-02-2002, 05:58 PM
I was using a Palmer inline reg. with a remote. It worked fine. It's not as good as HPA, but when it's warm the difference isn't big. It will work just fine. :D

The advantage to the one you can use as a foregrip is a cleaner setup. It don't believe it will perform any different.

Aliens-8-MyDad
04-02-2002, 07:01 PM
do your pating 35$ more for a "cleaner" set up? i like intresting things.. people would definatly ask my why i had something on the botom like that and wtf does it do! hehe

paintsprayer
04-02-2002, 07:14 PM
i have a stock 68 mag with an expansion chamber. i can't get nitro around here, and i wanted the next best thing. is there a way to have a palmer stabelizer on my mag without getting rid of the expansion chamber? i think that i need to keep it, becuase i play when it's cold. also, what does the palmer stabalizer do? is it just a regulater? and if it is, why isn't the built-in regulater in the AIR doing it job?

hitech
04-02-2002, 07:44 PM
Originally posted by paintsprayer
...is there a way to have a palmer stabelizer on my mag without getting rid of the expansion chamber?...also, what does the palmer stabalizer do? is it just a regulater? and if it is, why isn't the built-in regulater in the AIR doing it job?

Yes you can. You could use an inline one with the output going to the xchamber. Or, you could use the one for an Automag with the output of the xchamber going to the stabilizer. Yes, it's "just" a regulator. It seems to a good job of "blocking" liquid CO2. Don't have any idea how. Using one also gives you the dual reg. benefits of HPA. The built in AIR reg. is doing it's job. It wasn't designed to block CO2. Hope that helps. :D

Cristobal
04-02-2002, 09:15 PM
is there a way to have a palmer stabelizer on my mag without getting rid of the expansion chamber?

You can also use a Female stabilizer, which goes on your bottomline and has an ASA on one end for your tank to screw into. They're also less expensive than some of the other stab models, like $60-70 I think.

Fred
04-02-2002, 09:42 PM
it's just a waste of CO2 volume. If you run a male stab in the vert position, and have an anti-siphon tank, you're amost guaranteed not to get liquid into the marker.

You could run a female stab to the ex chamber, which would just put regulated gas into a large volume...

You could put a sideline stab (kinda ugly...) on your valve, and run your ex chamber to that. That would probably be the best use of your ex chamber as a foregrip.

Any way you do it, you just have redundancy (which is good sometimes) and extra CO2 volume in the system (not always good, but not always bad).

my .02

pip_999
04-02-2002, 09:46 PM
would the female end do just as good as a job as the regualr one would?

cphilip
04-03-2002, 07:11 AM
Many say the Male version has a slightly better recharge time, it obviously is closer to the valve, and it does not require a mounting bracket or add anything to the overall weight of the marker when you replace the X chamber for it. And it holds a larger volume. And it completely eliminates the need for an X chamber both for expanding gas and as a foregrip. The Male version is slightly superior for the purpose for these reasons and advantages.

Palmer online catalog: http://palmer-pursuit.com/CATALOG/airsystems.htm

dropkick1
04-03-2002, 08:59 AM
my best friend has one as a secondary reg on his mag. he has the mag valve all the way open and makes the big adjustments from the palmers stabilizer, he gets good consistency, like only at the most +-5 fps. yes he does have hpa and he has the male version of it and i have used it a couple of games and is very nice.

ken

pip_999
04-03-2002, 08:59 AM
ah alright
thanks cp

would u guys reccomend getitn one for HPA, athe female end? or just get a good reg for teh tank (and no i cant afford an a.i.r reg)

paintsprayer
04-03-2002, 05:46 PM
i went to that palmer site and there was some pretty cool stuff there. what i want to do is keep my expansion chamber because i play when it's cold, and i also want to keep my current ASA because i already have two anti-siphon tanks. is the side-line stabilizer my only choice left?

the site is:

http://palmer-pursuit.com/CATALOG/airsystems.htm

boggerman
04-04-2002, 01:09 AM
It seems that the sideline Palmer would work the best for what you are wanting to do. It is also about $35 cheaper, that's almost a case of paint, I would say go for the sideline as long as you don't mind how it looks.

HyperSnyper
04-04-2002, 03:12 AM
Read my Sig...

Palmer Fem + HPA + Boomy + Slamball = +/- 2 fps.

Nuff Said.

Still luving it!

-Hyper

pip_999
04-04-2002, 08:03 AM
so no one has tried teh female palmer?

krafty
04-04-2002, 12:44 PM
I'm getting a female Stabilizer w/ ring-mount on my Stroker that's due to arrive any day now. I've used the male version on my minimag when I was running co2 and it worked flawlessly.

About the ONLY disadvantge I can see to a female stab is that if you use it as a bottomline, there's no built-in way to shut off the gas flow (no on/off). Someone, I think shocktech, makes a very small inline on/off that you can use on the output side, though. I really don't know that there's any difference in recharge rate between versions of the Stabilizer. People can 'claim' a lot of things, but I don't see any hard data to prove this yet. (Science fair experiment, anyone?) :)

HyperSnyper
04-04-2002, 01:12 PM
Originally posted by pip_999
so no one has tried teh female palmer?

Dude, read my sig, I use the female.

-Hyper

pbR2k2
04-10-2002, 01:52 PM
I want a palmer reg... they sound nice and juicy! :p

Thourne
04-10-2002, 02:06 PM
About a year or two ago the store I used to frequent got in a used cocker in a trade. It had a male and female stabilizer. This was probably the best shooting gun I have ever seen. It was shoot +/- 1-2 fps on CO2. Wee took it outside in March (kid of still cool around here and it shoot like 291 290 290 290 290 289 290 290 I really wanted the gun, but someone else had already put a deposit down on it. But it was super consistent.

The female stabilizer should work for you even if you already have an anti siphon tank. You can turn it any direction you need it in your mounting bracket.

Also you aren't paying that much of a difference between the male and female stab. The male is like $90 and the female is $60 + $20 mounting bracket. So ther real difference is like $10.