PDA

View Full Version : If anyone ever visits Tx, Eat at ......

Havoc_online
04-02-2002, 05:36 PM
Texas Land and Cattle...

I ate there last night and everytime I go, the food so I good, I can hardly stand it, It's pretty expensive about (50 for two ppl) but worth it. If you have'nt tasted a Tx smoked steak, you have'nt tasted the good life. I already want some more....

their steaks are the carnivorous equilivant to Krispy Kreme's doughnuts....lol

Hemlock86
04-02-2002, 06:10 PM
They got one here in Albuquerque nm. Thier filet mignon is to die for.

-obsolete

-Jôker-
04-02-2002, 06:25 PM
if your in Louisiana..... find a Ralph and Cacques (sp??) or Ernest Orleans (only one in shreveport i believe) both are fine "southern" places but both are exspensive

langrage
04-02-2002, 07:17 PM
Havoc being that you live in Austin I am surprised you didn't say eat at the Saltlick. My personal favorite for that area, anywhere that you can eat all the barbecue you want and carry in your own beer ain't all that bad. Tx land and Cattle is great as well. The smoked pepper steak is great.

-Jôker-
04-02-2002, 08:12 PM
carry in your own beer???!?!? thats crazy lol

langrage
04-02-2002, 08:21 PM
Ain't TX cool

Havoc_online
04-02-2002, 08:43 PM
Ah, I don't even drink, lol

-Jôker-
04-02-2002, 08:50 PM
STILL carry in your own beer!? :confused:

Shaft
04-02-2002, 10:03 PM
Originally posted by -Jôker-
STILL carry in your own beer!? :confused:

Well, yeah. All of the finest nudie bars in Iowa are BYOB!

sleepingbeauty
04-03-2002, 07:03 AM
There is a place in austin that is really good called the old alligator grill I don't know if it is still there haven't been there in 4 years but when I went it was the sheesnito snap crackle pop wang foot ping pow poo

manike
04-03-2002, 08:47 AM
Originally posted by Havoc_online
It's pretty expensive about (50 for two ppl) but worth it.

That's the thing us Europeans like about the US, the food is SOOO cheap. You'd be hard pressed finding a decent restaurant where 50$ (or 30£) would pay for one person. Let alone two.

Last restaurant I was in cost 90£ for two people that's roughly 150$ :( About 50£ (80$) is the cheapest decent meal out here.

But on the other hand maybe your cheaper food (and huge portions) is one of the reasons you have so many *ahem* large *ahem* people in the USA :)

manike

Quiet
04-03-2002, 09:09 AM
I hear everything is bigger in Texas:p

Do you know any really good places to get belt buckles?

manike
04-03-2002, 09:12 AM
Originally posted by Quiet
I hear everything is bigger in Texas:p

Do you know any really good places to get belt buckles?

And while you are at it I could do with some trousers... :D

Well I am 6'5" and finding long enough trousers is difficult :)

manike

cphilip
04-03-2002, 09:12 AM
Hey no Fat American Jokes! :(

About this BYOB thing. In a few counties in the Mountains around here in North Carolina they are what we call "Dry" Counties". So they do not allow the sale of Alcohol. But city ordinances are passed to allow the bringing in of your own beverages instead. One such around is Cashiers NC. (pronounced Cash-Ears). We go up to a little place called "The Market Basket" when my buddies are playing music there and take in a few bottles of wine. A LOT cheaper to do that. A $5.00 bottle would cost you like $20 in a restraunt for the same thing. They charge you like a $3.50 set up fee for a Glass and open your wine for you. Pretty cool realy.

manike
04-03-2002, 09:14 AM
Originally posted by cphilip
Hey no Fat American Jokes! :(

Who was joking? I was being serious! :)

manike

cphilip
04-03-2002, 09:21 AM
You know I was afraid of that...

manike
04-03-2002, 09:27 AM
I'm afraid there will be no food left by the time I get to visit Texas (it's on my list of things to do!)

manike

(now that was a fat joke...)

cphilip
04-03-2002, 09:43 AM
Baaaaa..Plenty of it left. I tell ya what I will make sure they save you a "mess" (thats what we Southerners call a large portion) of "Mountain Oysters". You'll love them. Mighty tasty!!! :D

Quiet
04-03-2002, 09:45 AM
Mountain Oysters... not sure I like the sounds of that.
Have to be pretty desperate to eat those, has everything else already been eaten?

cphilip
04-03-2002, 09:47 AM
Almost all but the squeal my friend!

Quiet
04-03-2002, 09:51 AM
Not surprised

I've been to 35 countries, and North America is the place with the big eaters. I love the food, but too many fat people here.

manike
04-03-2002, 09:57 AM
Mountain Oysters? I can guess... Ok I'll trade you for some of our 'pavement oysters' :rolleyes: ewww

manike

cphilip
04-03-2002, 12:14 PM
Well I guess no one is going to ask then?

manike
04-03-2002, 12:21 PM
Testicles?

cphilip
04-03-2002, 12:27 PM
Young Calf or Pig...either one. Very tasty when breaded and deep fried and washed down with (important!) lots of Beer.

personman
04-03-2002, 12:38 PM
The best place to eat in Texas is Jack In The Box, AND THATS THE TRUTH! (their tacos pwn)
http://www.jackinthebox.com/index.html

SlipknotX556
04-03-2002, 12:40 PM
If your in America eat at a Mcdonalds. Their food is great.

Quiet
04-03-2002, 12:51 PM
You can eat a McDonalds anywhere in the world. It greases up your internals pretty well...is that good or bad?

langrage
04-03-2002, 02:42 PM
cphilip-yeah come to think about i think it may be in a dry county as well, but no set-up charge. Bring your cooler and pants with elastic cause if you leave the table hungry its your own fault.

Quiet-there are hundreds of places to get belt buckles down here. I have seen ones the size of dinner plates

manike-Being from Houston(recently named the fattest town in America) I'm surprised you made a fat joke, bloke. Didn’t your country give birth to the "two Fat ladies" cooking show and honestly that girl in the spice girls name should have been "baby fat spice" O well if you come down here we will fix you plate like all the other tourist. I am sorry to about the Queen Mum. I saw a glimpse of her once while visiting Windsor Palace. She appeared to everything people have said she was.

manike
04-03-2002, 02:48 PM
In all honesty I'm not sorry about the Queen Mum, she had a damn good innings and it was her time. She has my respect though.

Langrage I used to think I knew what fat people were from some of the people in this country... and then I went to America. I'm a big guy and can eat a lot but some people there were doing two main meals to my one... and just amazed me. The physical size of some people in the USA just blows away every other country I have ever visited.

I think our 'two fat ladies' would be considered thin in some parts of your country :D

manike

Shaft
04-03-2002, 03:32 PM
Manike... you're tall, you're ugly, you're British and you're one of AO's very own. :) Is good! Don't diss the 'Merican behind. If we had nothing more to eat than British food - we wouldn't eat much either. :D

Actually its kind of funny how Americans look at the British as being fat and funny looking. And the British look at Americans as being fat and funny looking. Same deal with the Germans too. Weird.
I still remember my aunt from Germany while walking behind a robust American girl... "look American ar$$." Was funnier in her German accent.

Shaft
6'4" 280# and itchin' to invade Europe!:D

manike
04-03-2002, 03:36 PM
Well two out of three isn't bad for an American... I am tall and I am British :D

Germans are just weird (I can say that cos I work for a German company and have lots of German friends so don't anyone start getting offended :) )

I love visiting the states, and eating there, it's great. I'll be over in New York in May for the Big Game at Long Island.

manike

Quiet
04-03-2002, 03:51 PM
Living in a town formerly called new berlin, I'm with you on the strange German thing.

I'd probably think them less strange if their women would at least SHAVE:eek: