PDA

View Full Version : Goggle Cleaning...

InfinatyBPS
04-02-2002, 11:56 PM
I was wondering if anyones that has JT Flex-7 Ize goggles, and if so, how do you clean them? Iv tried water and goggle no fog/cleaner and iv use my gogle bag and a washcloth and just my shirt to try to clean them. But nothing seems to get them clean, its realy annoything, they feel sticky and any little bit of lint sticks to them, I'v also tried to just get them wet and let them dry, that dosent work either it just stays all blury. So what do you guys get, would a micro fiber cloth help?

ProjectMag
04-03-2002, 12:05 AM
I usually clean the lens off with water, dry it, then use a micro-fiber cloth to get any finger prints and smudges off. This seems to work the best for me. ;)

Snooky
04-03-2002, 12:29 AM
paper towels and lense cleaner has worked for me.

InfinatyBPS
04-03-2002, 02:46 AM
I used paper towels and it linted it all up, why do my lenses feel sticky?

Paintballer86
04-03-2002, 05:19 AM
Take your lenses OUT and than spray them with majik, let it sit for a little, and than wipe it off. Than spray it woth plexus, and wipe it off. good as new.

pip_999
04-03-2002, 09:18 AM
Originally posted by InfinatyBPS
I why do my lenses feel sticky?

i dunno
u tell me :eek: :D :D :D :D

pip_999
04-03-2002, 09:18 AM
i usually just use water
adn paper towel,

works fine for me

Quiet
04-03-2002, 09:59 AM
Microfibre cloths that you can buy at most glass stores are the best for cleaning your lens once you get home, they wont scratch them. They also sell good solutions that are designed for cleaning things like lenses.

Bartleby
04-03-2002, 12:42 PM
i spray it with majik and let it sit a little while. Then wipe it off with a cloth. for the finish, i have an extra Okley bag that i use. but that's just 'cos i'm real anal about scratches.

SPOOKI
04-03-2002, 12:46 PM
How you clean the lenses has alot to do with what kind of lenses you have. Do you have Iridium lenses? Do you have clear lenses? This makes a difference. If you do in fact have Iridium lenses then I would make a suggestion... THROW THEM AWAY!!! They are the most god-awful things to try to clean. if you so much as think about touching them you can guarantee to find smudges, streaks, and anything else to ruin your vision. If you have the regular clear lenses (or should I say, any kind of tint other than Iridium) then you should be able to clean them with water and a soft towel. If for some odd reason your lenses are still messed up, then you might have to spring for a new pair.
If that is the case then may I suggest the yellow tint. it works great during the daytime to stop glare as well as in lowlight conditions because it will bring out the shadows and allow you to pick out a persons outline easily.

-Lance

Phil
04-03-2002, 01:15 PM
I had the same problem and finally just swapped out my lense cause I thought the lense was messed up. It turned out that I had accumulated alot of paint shell chips and paint in the rubber rim that holds the lens in place. This stuff was seeping out a little at a time each time I applied cleaner. It was like cleaning my goggles with cleaner mixed with a little paint. It left an annoying film on my lense. If you dont want to remove your lens, which is a real pain in the butt, you could probably soak it in a bucked of water to get any extra paint hideing in the creases.

martlet1
04-03-2002, 02:05 PM
Yeah, my thermal lens had the same problem as Phil. Take your lenses out and clean the rubber part. The reason they are sticky is you probably have used windex or 409 on the lens and it has probably melted the lens a bit. For 15 bucks get a new lens and then use water and a micro cloth.

InfinatyBPS
04-03-2002, 03:32 PM
ARRGGG!!! This is sooo anoying, I have tried everything, paper towels soaking them, sqirting them with water, all kinds of cloth, goggle cleaner, eye glass cleaner and everything smuges and makes it look all blury and if I use water it leaves like when u mix water and oil. These are chrome tinted Thermal lenses that came with them. I think I might have to get new lenses like Spooki said. But I realy dont want to cause that will not let me play when I do. So this realy sux for me. Anyone ever have this happen to them? Nothing will clean them I feel realy bad because these are brand new and I only used them once.:(

spacemanspiff
04-03-2002, 03:48 PM
The only stuff I use is Plexus. It kinda looks like it streaks but it leaves the lenses really clear. You can get the streaks out but you have to really buff it with multipule cloths.

azheat99
04-03-2002, 06:38 PM
Picked up two bottles of lens cleaner with two microfiber cloths at Price Club/Costco for $5. They refill the bottle of cleaner for free. I wipe the paint off with a soft cloth, then use the above to remove the smudges. Works great on a clear thermal lens.

ProjectMag
04-03-2002, 06:49 PM
The only other thing you could try is rubbing alcohol. That's all I can think of.

InfinatyBPS
04-03-2002, 11:48 PM
Ok, I found a way to clean them pretty good, first I used anti fog spray and goggle cloth that i bought cheap from my local store, then I got water and a paper towel and wiped away the smudges then I got a silk shirt my mom has(hehehehe, yes she got mad...) and buffed out all oil slick looking swirls and it looks pretty good, too bad this will be hard to do between games after getting gogged...