PDA

View Full Version : Motorcycle wreck aftermath pics.......a lil bit gorey

Hemlock86
04-03-2002, 07:47 AM
This pic is of my buddy Aaron. He got in a motorcycle wreck last year about this time. He was going fast and someone swerved into his lane, hitting him. He was doing about 75 mph when he wrecked. Luckily he was wearing his helmet. He got a compound fracture of his tibia and fibula(i think thats them), his ankle was almost ripped off and was only hanging on by some muscle and the tendon. And he broke both hands....amazing no head or back injuries at all. They re-attached his foot and did alot of skin graphs.

Hes now finally starting to recover a year later. He still walks with a limp but he will never be the same....Let his accident teach yas a leason before you speed and act foolish on your motorcycles. He had a new GSX-R 750...the bike was smashed into a 4214321423145 peices,no pic though.

peace

Hemlock86
04-03-2002, 07:48 AM
another pic

Hemlock86
04-03-2002, 07:49 AM
another one

cphilip
04-03-2002, 07:55 AM
You know the average fatality speed on a Motorcycle? 35 MPH.

You know which Forum this should be in? Friendly Corner.

manike
04-03-2002, 07:55 AM
That's exactly why I am resisting getting a bike at the moment :) A little Lotus Elise or Exige instead maybe...

I think this might be better off in Friendly :)

manike

Shaft
04-03-2002, 07:56 AM
Gee. Thanks.
And why'd you post these again... other than to ruin my day? And why are they in the main section?

C'mon man. You're boging my high here.

magdude25
04-03-2002, 08:02 AM
errr....did i say i was gettin a bike ? nope ;)

Clare
04-03-2002, 08:04 AM
what a way to start the day, atleast he's okay

hey just call me "mother goose" :D

Hemlock86
04-03-2002, 08:06 AM
I wanted a bike until I saw this,hehehe. Poor Aaron is getting the shaft on his settlement too. He's getting like $20k, which is nice, but considering it was the other dudes fault and he cant walk normal again, he should get more. But then again, settlements arent everything,Im just glad my buddy is still alive...

peace

manike
04-03-2002, 08:09 AM
Originally posted by Hemlock86
my buddy is still alive...

Yeah that's the important thing and why I am resisting a bike. I want to live a little longer :D

manike

Croix71
04-03-2002, 08:39 AM
Dang, is he going to have like a year's worth of physical therapy or what? :eek:

pip_999
04-03-2002, 08:47 AM
tell him to get better sooooon man

but damn that pic of the close up of the leg was GROSE
ah darn just be happy he is still alice oh yeah

HAPPY ANIVERSARY

lol:D :D :D

manike
04-03-2002, 08:49 AM
Originally posted by pip_999
be happy he is still alice

Alice? WTF is Alice? hehehe I'm pretty sure he said his friends name was Aaron :)

manike

WickeDKlowN
04-03-2002, 08:56 AM
Yummy! What a great thing to wake up too. heh

Well, at least hes ok now.

Quiet
04-03-2002, 09:06 AM
Oow that's got to hurt. I had a tib-fib break once, it sucked.:eek: :eek:

Still getting a bike though, must be my invincability complex.

Best of luck on the rehab.

BTAutoMag
04-03-2002, 10:55 AM
cool... but ouch... and all at the same time... sorry man no paintball for you for awhile

Shaft
04-03-2002, 11:16 AM
Originally posted by Hemlock86
I wanted a bike until I saw this,hehehe. Poor Aaron is getting the shaft on his settlement too.

Hey man, I had nothing to do with it! :eek:

-Jôker-
04-03-2002, 05:39 PM
ouch!

boss_automager
04-03-2002, 06:58 PM
Who crashed into him,a car or another biker,or a mean,big,ugly.ogre?

GET WELL SOON!:D :D :D

M-a-s-sDriver
04-03-2002, 07:23 PM
That's what it looks like when they take a piece of your butt and sew it to your leg. When your butt itches, you scrath your leg. It might even be piece of ARMY's butt, since there were probably some extra chunks laying around after his wife chewed it off after spending too much on paintball toys. If that IS Army's butt chunks, this guy will think some small animal is constantly gnawing at his ankle.
By the way: If I had to have a piece of my butt sewn to MY leg, I would want WAAAAAAY more than 20 large.
Brent Jackson, PFB.

~Backdraft~
04-03-2002, 07:57 PM
ouch!..that looks nasty. I have thought about getting a dirt bike, lots of fun, but now...I think i'll stick to paintball..;)

Hemlock86
04-03-2002, 07:58 PM
That huge scare on his arm is the one skin graph...The chunk of skin that looks like an oval with the staples in it. His other skin graph is from his upper thigh.

He was hit by a punk kid trying to show off. Aaron was trying to pass him, cause the kid was driving like an idiot...

peace

CockersRule
04-10-2002, 12:52 AM
Bikes are safe if you're safe. Accidents on bikes suck. I still ride my bike even though I've been hit on it numerous times, I've crashed at 60 mph in a turn and slid for 50 yds till I hit a bush. But I also wear a complete Kevlar padded jumpsuit and a helmet I got messed up 3 times, the one where I wrecked in the turn and twice when I was hit. I live in Newport Beach and people who drive here need to lose their liscences but I still ride a bike as well as drive my truck, but you have to be safe when you ride and I'm sorry for what happened to Aaron but why did he try to pass a punk kid who was acting like an idiot, you NEVER pass anyone who's acting like an idiot 'cause you'll get hit.

hitmanng
04-10-2002, 10:48 PM
I work in a hospital and see this and much worse come through our ER and into ICU all the time. I also see the 75 year old man getting hit going 75 flying over 100 ft and geting up to walk back and check out his bike. I have personally wrecked my bike 3 times but only once in a Car vs motorcycle. I still own and ride a motorcycle this is my third bike over a 16 yr period. I got my first Honda 500 at the age of 16. My only car vs MC was when I was 17. Here is my advice.
1. If you enjoy it there is nothing like the thrill of riding. If you enjoy it get a bike.
2. Remeber that no one notices you. You are soley responsible for avoiding everyone else. Take no unnecessary risks and assume if someone can hit you they will.
3. Always be ready to brake or accellerate as needed. And slow down drastically on corners and on gravel, the combination can be deadly.
4. Do not pop the clutch unless you know exactly what you are doing. Going 0-60 in 4-6 seconds is fun. Poping a wheelie, landing on you but, and watching your 400 lb bike and a few thousand dollars hit the pavement really does ruin your day trust me.
5. Dress to ride. A little leather, a pair of jeans, A jacket, Steel toes boots, Riding gloves and a helmet with a visor or sun glasses. That kid on the sportbike in a tank and shorts might pick up the chicks but they end up with skin grafts.
6. Never ever take anyone you love on a ride on the back of a sportbike. They are not designed for passengers. In an accident they will most likely be killed. I am not kidding.

I have 4 children and a lovely wife that I have no intention of leaving without a father and a husband. If you ride resposibly it can be a fun and safe hobby.

For those of you that do not and will never ride....
DRIVE SAFE BE AWARE MOTORCYCLES ARE EVERYWHERE!

Thanks for listening
Hitmanng

theraidenproject
04-11-2002, 12:12 PM
you know what transplant doctors call motorcycle riders?
organ donors on wheels
'nuff said
(I still think Harley's are prtty cool, though)

CRiZO
04-11-2002, 08:01 PM
i'd have to go for an APC

tsc
04-11-2002, 08:05 PM
Am I the only one who *really* wants to poke that? ...

But in all seriousness man, I'm sorry for your friend.

BTAutoMag
04-11-2002, 08:18 PM
i do i do