PDA

View Full Version : Minimag won't shoot...

LeF_11
04-03-2002, 07:55 AM
I just bought a used minimag from someone and I gassed it up and everything was going fine the trigger pin even came forward like it was supposed to,well when I pull the trigger nothing happens....the trigger pin will come back forward but nothing happens....The on/off pin IS in correctly (that was the first thing I checked) I even extended my trigger pin to make sure the "sear" on the trigger was hitting the pin, well now the trigger pin doesn't even come forward when I gas it up ,please help me out someone....

ciaran.mooney
04-03-2002, 09:00 AM
Sure you've got enough gas in your tank to re-cock it?

pip_999
04-03-2002, 09:32 AM
velovity

first thing i would check make sure thats in, like tom says in teh video if it isnt high enough it wont shoot

hmmmm what else could it be *thinks*

PyRo
04-03-2002, 09:38 AM
Your velocity could be too low. Try screwing the velocity nut in, but not so much that it starts leaking.
Well, are you sure you screwed it out instead of screwing it in? You really should never have to mess with the trigger rod leanth. Make sure that when it is gassed up, if you hold the trigger all the way foward, their is clearance between it and the rod, if there isn't it could present a problem. The rod should come out far enough that if you pull the trigger slowly, after fireing, it will have some slack left behind it.

LeF_11
04-03-2002, 03:45 PM
I have adjusted the velocity both up and down and that has had no effect so far, When I tested it out I had just gotton my tank filled so there is no problem there,and there is some space between the trigger and the trigger rod. I think my problem lies some where in my trigger because like i said when I gas it up I can hear the bolt come back it just won't release......and also now that I have already adjusted my trigger rod,the trigger rod doesn't even come forward when gassed up ohh Some one please help so I can just PLAY!

LeF_11
04-03-2002, 07:00 PM
Ok well God has given me something to work with, I once again screwed my tank in and then tried once again adjusting the velocity,well I turned it up just a little bit and it started shooting. I immediatly put some paint in and wasted about 70 rds,well I noticed this.... I could get one or two shots simitaniously off and it would shoot great....as soon as I would try to shoot 3 or more in a row then by the time it got to the fourth one it was pretty much barely rolling them out of the barrel. So I was wondering why my gun won't "recharge" as fast as it should. It's not because I'm running off of co2, my brother runs his off of co2 and it works great. But I mean is there something wrong with my bolt or what? Anyways thx for the above help but if you could help me out with my other problem then I would be grateful.

~LeF_11

xray_tech1
04-03-2002, 07:16 PM
Try screwing the velocity screw in a little bit more to give it a little more power to recharge. That might do it. If not, make sure ur lines aren't clogged with anything (includint ur valve). if that doesn't work....you got me!

CAN YOU TASTE MY PAINT?

PyRo
04-03-2002, 07:24 PM
You could just have a bad reg seat.

hitech
04-03-2002, 07:28 PM
In addition to what others have said make sure the tank is screwed in all the way. You also need to chrono it and adjust the velocity properly.

rjvemt1
04-03-2002, 08:22 PM
try your brothers tank, if the bottle adapter isnt opening the tank valve all the way you will get that type of shootdown. also replace the 'regulator spring pack' if it is worn it wont open the valve fast enough to recharge the system. look for it in the exploded view of the valve in the tech specs at agd

Poseidon
04-03-2002, 08:34 PM
Im thinking you problem lies in your ASA.

Are you running a remote or a ASA w/ an on/off.

If you are your screwing in the screw to far, thus cutting off the flow. Only screw it in about half way from the intial contact to fully open.

If your not running an on/off on your ASA try unscrewing your tank about a full turn. Some ASA's will cut off air flow when you screw a tank fully into it.

If that still doesn't do it try a diffrent tank. It seems like your gun isn't getting any air pressure. Proabably the tanks fault or ASA tank combination.