PDA

View Full Version : Probably a dumb question...

Fred
04-03-2002, 09:59 AM
OK. I've done a search already to see if this has been brought up, and it didn't turn up anything, so here goes:

RT and Retro-valves like HPA, not CO2. This is because of their cycle and recharge speed correct?

So what if someone used a dual regulated CO2 in an RT or Retro? Anyone do it yet?

I'm thinking about trying it just to do it...
It'd be almost as cool as modding an Angel to run of CO2 (which I KNOW has been done, effectively!)

PyRo
04-03-2002, 10:11 AM
I don't know why you would even want to bother. Your modifying it in a way which will decrease preformance. Whats the point? I'm actually not 100% sure if that is the only reason why. Still Co2 is cold, and will freeze up the valve easially even if you do what you talked about. And its fairly expensive.

Army
04-03-2002, 10:18 AM
Hello Fred,

The main reason you can't use Co2 in a Retro, is it's fast recharge rate. It is too fast to allow Co2 to boil off in time and it will suck liquid like two straws in a single soda-pop on a double date!

You can't reg it enough to stop liquid from getting past the various blocks in the line.

Yes, I gave it a "see what'll happen" try with my Emag. a total of 7 rapid shots stopped the on/off from working. Yes, I had to replace the O-rings in the on/off. No, I will never do that again!

the JoKeR
04-03-2002, 10:55 AM
Originally posted by Army
it will suck liquid like two straws in a single soda-pop on a double date!

Golly gee, Betty Lou and I were planning on heading down the malt shop after the movie for a soda-pop too! :D More humor wasted on the young!

paintsprayer
04-03-2002, 04:49 PM
I agree with ARMY completely.

GallagherAtWar
04-03-2002, 06:05 PM
my be he could have a remote, anti syphon tank, connected to a expanion champer, and the regulator on the gun

looks like this

drx975
04-03-2002, 06:15 PM
Definetly not worth the money. Guys, you are wasting your time with c02. Damnit man c02 is HORRIBLE. Just go buy a small HPA tank like I did. It was only $70 at paintballgear.com, and if they dont have them, 888paintball.com does and they will match paintballgear.com's price for you. Crossfire 47ci 3k psi tank. HPA will always work better than c02, no matter WHAT.

***One last thing, the stuff you are planning on buying and using with c02 (which most likely wont even work) will cost you the same amount or close to it, for a 68ci 3k psi HPA tank. So my question to you is, why c02? In the end you will spend more time AND money looking for -crap- that wont even work.***

paintsprayer
04-03-2002, 06:19 PM
maybe i don't have acces to HPA or Nitro, so getting a HPA tank would be stupid, you co2 nazi.

Fred
04-03-2002, 06:22 PM
True, for the cost of a Male Stab I could get a cheap 48 cu tank.

I was just wondering...

And CO2 isn't THAT horrible, I get +/- 3fps in 40 degrees F with my phantom... :) and i do get more than 400 shots off a 3.5 ounce.. hehe

I wouldn't try to do that with an Emag, just a retro'd 68.

I still don't get one thing though:
Does the fast recharge rate somehow cause the CO2 gas to return to liquid state? running anti-siphon to a good reg keeps liquid out in almost every other situation i can think of.

The reason i don't like HPA is I've seen what happens when they fail... and I like my hands the way they are. :)

SHOCKER1050
04-03-2002, 07:36 PM
man u got way to much time on your handz

Predater
04-03-2002, 07:37 PM
And CO2 isn't THAT horrible, I get +/- 3fps in 40 degrees F with my phantom... :)
thats with a phantom. not a mag. mags dont like co2

I wouldn't try to do that with an Emag, just a retro'd 68.
whats the difrence? you can get insain fire rates with both and they use the same valve?

I still don't get one thing though:
Does the fast recharge rate somehow cause the CO2 gas to return to liquid state? YES running anti-siphon to a good reg keeps liquid out in almost every other situation i can think of. it helps but a mag can still freaze with that setup. mine always did.

The reason i don't like HPA is I've seen what happens when they fail... and I like my hands the way they are. :) take care of it and there wont be a prob. a failed tank can do a lot worse than take your hands off.

hope that ansured your question:)

Fred
04-03-2002, 07:49 PM
The Phantom comment was about how CO2 Doesn't suck...

Yes, i think about paintball stuff waaaay too much.

I should also note I don't lay on the trigger as much as most people do, playing pump for almost two years does that to you... :)

My question is still there, does the valve cause the CO2 to go liquid again even if it's in a more or less stable gas phase???

rjvemt1
04-03-2002, 08:11 PM
why would you take a valve that is designed for a higher rof and modify it for a slower gas, the only reason i can think of is to play scenerio or 24 hr games where the longevity of co2 would help.

Predater
04-03-2002, 08:21 PM
ok the air will turn liquid in the valve.

when you shoot a mag on co2 fast the valve and tank get real cold and practicly freeze. now a rt recharges 5 times faster. therefore when you shoot slow on a rt it would be like a mag shooting fast. so when you romp on the trigger you would freeze the valve up. the recharge is fast enough to freeze the gun.

Koosh
04-03-2002, 08:41 PM
Yeah, I have to use CO2 on my mag. I have anti-syphen with the Palmer Stabilizer, and so far it works great.

I can't get nitro not only because of the cost of the tanks, but because the nearest nitro fill is 40 miles round trip. My car gets 18 miles a gallon, so it would be like an extra 3.00 every time I want a fill. Versus the 2 miles I drive for a CO2 fill... the proshop in my town is REALLY small, just an army surplus store.

So after you factor in the cost of the tank, at LEAST a 68/4500 if I don't want to make the trip every day, much less every week, and the fill, which is 5.00 for a 68/45 and the 3, then it is 8.00 a fill. Or I could stick with co2 at 3.00 a fill...

pip_999
04-04-2002, 08:47 AM
u can attach 7 palmer rehgs together