PDA

View Full Version : Pro shops

SlipknotX556
04-03-2002, 10:09 AM
How many of you like your pro shop, know the manager? Well the thing is that I have a pro shop that has really nothing but it serves its purpose then 45 min away I have a real pro shop, field. And the owner hates his mags. His store is basically all cocker and angel. So I just called him, he has a black p/f h/r Emag for sale, its 750, His AGD warps are 100. So does your store owner hate mags or love them?

Im just curious to see.

Thanks

soilent green
04-03-2002, 10:28 AM
my local one likes em ok but they suck the best one is 1/2 hour away and rarely even has any mags they dis em all the time they just want to sell cockers cause theres more money in upgrades.

SlipknotX556
04-03-2002, 10:33 AM
everyone in like south flordia that lives near mikes paintball, you know how all he basically has is cockers and angels. While I was in their one day talking to mike, some little kid came in and bought an STO cocker, a proteus, a 68ci 4500psi nitro tank, a 12v revvy. His dad pays for all of it, mikes says "WOW thats alot of stuff your buying, you going to a tourny or something, he says "no" then mike says " Then why buy all this stuff" the dad says "Its for my kid, its gonna be his first time playing" Then after they leave I start laughing really hard, then mikes go's "Man I hate little rich kids that get everything, when they get hit they cry like babys." So even though mikes hates mags, he is still cool because he hates little rich kids that get everything, they cant even play.

Quiet
04-03-2002, 10:37 AM
Local guy is two blocks away. He likes mags but he doesn't carry them. He'll order anything I want in, we seem to get along fine. He's ony been open for two months now, he carries mostly low end markers and accesories, because that's what sells. Every marker on the wall that is tourny level or close to it belongs to somebody.

pip_999
04-03-2002, 01:15 PM
well my local pro-shop....wait i got 2

the first one is at my field, and the best gun he has there is a pirahna g3, he says that he doesnt want to carry higher end guns, he only sells co2 tnaks, doesnt offer compressed fills, he overcharges for everything ....500 CANADIAN for a g3, and teh guy is such a hippercrit, he will do anythign for business, he used to play with a minimag, and he said he liked it but everyone should have a pirahna cause they are good markers, stupid guy, waht a guy

then the 2nd guy near us, he carries all right stuff, he only carries like 10 markers, he carries a 2000 autococker which he was charge 600 for, and he had an automag 68 powerfeed left, with barrel and asa for 600 also

so as you can see he overcharges for everything
(all prices were in canadian)

nearest half decent pro shop nera me is badlands in TO, and i can drive, i gotta go to a scuba shot to get my compressed filled, and it sucks
$5 a fill no matter what size

boy i hate where i live

Jonno06
04-03-2002, 01:21 PM
my field/shop is like 5minutes away.They have ALOT of mags....like 10 or so.alot of classics/mini's,and like 2 RT's,no emags....a few cockers(5),some angels(3),and alot of spyder clone guns(15).....i like the people there.real nice.one guy there is real mean though,he isnt owner or anything.the owner likes all guns.

56kSomeGuy
04-03-2002, 01:55 PM
My local field just like 10mins away (orlando paintball)has a lot of mag stuff. I even brought my mag there five or so years ago. Whenever i need something to fix my mag they always have it. When i had a problem with my emag i just brought it there and the guy there fixed it up right away. They carry mags,MMs, and rts but no emags.

martlet1
04-03-2002, 02:13 PM
Our local pro shop guy is actually a AGD tech. He has the banner up on his bench. They used mags for thier field sponsered team.

Croix71
04-03-2002, 02:20 PM
Have 2 local proshops within a 10 minute drive. Since they are both pretty much Angel and Cocker stores I only find them usefull to get paint. One of them for sure is Anti Mag. :mad: the other I'm sure is the same.

Newbie505
04-04-2002, 12:09 AM
I go to Orlando Paintball too. It is a Mag friendly field and Proshop. Many of the refs and managers use Mags. They also carry a wide variety of Spyders and even a Tippmann. There use to be a Cocker hanging on the wall but it sold.

Another place in O-town called Markers Proshop has many Mag parts and barrels, but last time I was there they only had an E-Mag on the wall. They are very friendly and helpful there.

PFAutomag33
04-04-2002, 09:29 AM
Exotic Sportz is ok. They don't hate mags, and there are usually people there that have some. But there is one store in the mall called Y2K that hates automags, and favors autocockers a lot more. I went there one day, and he was bashing automags like no other. I haven't been there since. (Plus the store blows anyways)

Crazy
04-04-2002, 04:27 PM
lets see... we got:

Bad Boyz Toyz- With the SFL and everything they have a few of those and a few mags on the wall.. Not the best employees but for a 1$ fill.. who cares.

Warped Sportz- Wonderful shop IMO, Lorrie is cool about everything and will haggle a lot of the prices. Carries
quite a few AGD products and Guns also.

and finally, Blast Camp... the worst paintball shop i've ever seen in my life. All they do is push tippmann 98s and have trash on their wall... And unfortunately thats where i work also :(

there are also at least 5 or more within an hour distance drive.
http://pcgaming.serpentine.net/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/wave.gif

nutz
04-04-2002, 05:02 PM
i live by a bad boyz toyz too and they are not the brightest people that work there and they really over price everything...

but my closest shop is called Airgun Designs, and the owner is a really great guy, and btw he owns this forum :D ... also their people are really nice and real knowledgable, did i mention their prices are great too!:D

Quiet
04-04-2002, 05:04 PM
AGD is your closest shop?????

I'm GREEN with envy

nutz
04-04-2002, 06:03 PM
haha yea but their office hours are the worst!!! they are only open when i have lacrosse practice!!!!

TylerDurden
04-04-2002, 06:06 PM
The owner and the refs at the field i go to like mags a lot. Theres a big game there this saturday where they are going to have a easter egg hunt for prizes. Anywho, one of the prizes is a minimag. I keeping my fingers crossed that i'm the one that finds it. Wish me luck.:)

Quiet
04-05-2002, 10:35 AM
The refs where I play don't like mags much either. Shoot them in the but when they're not looking:D

BTAutoMag
04-05-2002, 10:48 AM
i dont have a pro shop anywhere near me but i would do all my own mods anyways. for those that have seen a pic of my gun youknow what im talking about

PaInTbAlLeR476
04-05-2002, 10:58 AM
lest see i have Paintball Depot here in jersey and Outdoor Haven that i go to, cant say either dis likes mags(taht i know of) they sell basically stock parts for it not to many upgrades but they do fill nitr:) they are good little store a little overpriced but im happy to spend the little extra to "support" the local shops both are more then 30 mins away so i rarly go there i usually go to a *****y sporting good store for paint god i hate taht place

Kaiser Bob
04-05-2002, 12:41 PM
Paintball Depot eh? Up here at school, Im 5 mins from the hackettstown one and 10 mins from the Ledgewood one. Where in jersey you at? Yeah, Ive never heard any unkind words towards mags at either store and i know the guy that runs the Hackettstown store used to use one. If i had money id be hanging out there right now lol.

StuDawggie
04-05-2002, 07:13 PM
Originally posted by PFAutomag33
Exotic Sportz is ok. They don't hate mags, and there are usually people there that have some. But there is one store in the mall called Y2K that hates automags, and favors autocockers a lot more. I went there one day, and he was bashing automags like no other. I haven't been there since. (Plus the store blows anyways)

PF: Are you going to the Exotic Sportz in Taylor, or Pickney? Because I'm just amazed that you actually got help at that store if it's the one in Taylor. I've been there a few times, and I was the only customer in the store and none of the 3 employees who worked there would even acknowledged the fact that I had walked in, much less offer to help me.

Anyway, the I drive to a proshop about 2 hours away from my home, and deal directly with the owner of the field/store. Sam is always great and willing to cut me a deal so I can get my gun in perfect shape to play. He sold me my mag used (classic mag, std feed, J&J 12" barrel, and 500 rounds so I could play that day) for $150. Now tell me that's not a good deal there. The techs (not the sales guy) there also knows about every gun they carry and what some good upgrades to the gun would be and how to do it too. I've been going to Lone Wolf for almost 5 years and they have never let me down. There is a shop about 10 mins from me but, they couldn't tell you the difference between a BE and a Mag. The only thing they're really good for is fills, and balls ($2 fills no matter the size tank for co2, and $1.50 per 1000 psi on HPAs).