PDA

View Full Version : CO2 Set up

lloyd_kinky
04-03-2002, 11:16 AM
Since I play a lot of "back-yard-ball" in the summer, and it's a hassle drive to a field to get HPA and back home and only get like 700 shots for my day, i use CO2 with our own fill station. With my Tipp98, I had no probs with a cheapo X-chamber. But My mag has some serious freeze up issues. I don't want to run a remote, so will a Palmer Stabilizer by it's self do the trick? Maybe run an inline Stab. and another X-chamber as a fore grip? Just curious. Thanks

Quiet
04-03-2002, 11:40 AM
If your tank is going to be on the marker use anti-siphon.
It's cheaper than some of those other things and helps a lot. When I first had my mag I used a 20oz tank with anti-siphon and an ACI six stage x-chamber, it worked reasonably well. My only real problem was fps consistency.

Predater
04-03-2002, 12:19 PM
do a search in the teck forum with the word "co2". you will get more info than you can shake a stick at:) .

PyRo
04-03-2002, 04:50 PM
An anti spyhon, and an X chamber will work just fine.
If you go stabalizer then you need to remove it when you switch to HPA, with teh x chamber you can run HPA through it without a problem.

Koosh
04-03-2002, 08:49 PM
I run my mag on CO2. I use an anti-syphen tank, and the Palmers. It works great! The Stabilizer is also a good HPA reg too...

pip_999
04-04-2002, 08:44 AM
only go withthe palmer

go to teh main forum tehre isa big long post about it, but yeah that is THE reg

Poseidon
04-04-2002, 09:35 AM
I'd wouldn't put an ex chmaber on. They don't help much. Put on a female stab and think about getting an anti-siphon if your still having prtoblems.

xray_tech1
04-04-2002, 05:57 PM
when i first bought my mag, i was using co2 with a perfect x-chamber and i had the same "freezing" problem. the next thing i did was change to an ACI4 x-chamber and that helped a little bit until the ROF climbed a little. I then put an anti-siphon in my tank, and the problem disappeared for the most part (unless i was firing down on someone...hehe). So at the very least, i would get the anti-siphon.....Good Luck!

MikeCouves
04-04-2002, 06:45 PM
Well there always the option to buy your own scuba tank. You can then buy your own fill staion and get lots of shots, which is good, because I have a little 47/3000 tank so I always have to get one. Damn cheap field...

Magyster
04-04-2002, 06:57 PM
I would get a tube for you tank, and a X. And then if that does not work get a Palmer. They make CO2 work like N2! And no they don't just work with one or the other they both work just fine.

BTAutoMag
04-04-2002, 07:18 PM
i run co2 on my gun with an expantion chamer and a sheriden co2 reg. ive had no problems but then again i did design the setup for my entire gun to work specificaly to work with co2. my tank is not anti siphon (i want one) but ive shot more then 8000 shot through my mag with this setup and no probs. palmer stuff is not the only solution.

Poseidon
04-04-2002, 08:01 PM
Those on tank C02 tanks are pretty cool, and cheap. Expansion chambers still suck, they don't help as much as you will want. Regs, regs, regs! Esppecaily when you can pick up a descent reg for around $50 such as a PMI reg. They work good with Co2 too.

Paladin
04-05-2002, 12:16 PM
Originally posted by PyRo
An anti spyhon, and an X chamber will work just fine.
If you go stabalizer then you need to remove it when you switch to HPA, with teh x chamber you can run HPA through it without a problem.

No, you don't have to remove the Stabilizer when/if you switch to HPA. 2-stage regulation will almost always yeild better consistency.

Predater
04-05-2002, 12:35 PM
Thank you Glenn. thats why the nitroduck set ups are so consistant.

nice having celebrities around here;) .