PDA

View Full Version : Should I Get A HALO?

WickeDKlowN
04-03-2002, 12:14 PM
I found a store that sells new HALO's for $89.95 , and was thinking about getting one but realised theres no reason for me to get one, other than them only being $90 and im prolly gonna needone sooner or later. Right now, my 9v Revvy works fine so i was thinking about just getting a X-Board and spending the extra money on something else.

pip_999
04-03-2002, 12:42 PM
i would get it and just have it around for when u do need it

Load SM5
04-03-2002, 12:49 PM
Honestly. I'm happier wiith my Turborev than I was with my HALO. My HALO worked great feed really fast, I'll give it that, but I just shoot fast enough. And I did'nt need it with my warp. The HALO's a good product but just lacked in a few areas like the 15 minute auto shutoff and ease of maintenance. I'll happily give them another shot when they work some things out.

Check out Wicked Air Sports, you can just buy an upgrade for your 9 volt and save a few bucks.

TITAN
04-03-2002, 02:56 PM
HALOs can be really great... im getting 1 for my supermag when they come out

WAS already has a bearing kit out that makes the HALO quieter, prolong the life of the gears and motor box and make it feed even faster

Also WAS is working on an electonics update kit that will give you all these features:

Increased feed rate! Using the patent pending "Turbo" technology to automatically determine the optimal motor spin rate, torque, and duration! True 20+ bps!

Reduced sound level! Using PWM technology greatly reduces the sound of the motor!

Shuts the hopper motor off when out of paint!

Automatically unjams the hopper should a jam occur!

"Normal" method of push button operation (hold it down for 1/3 second turns it on, hold it down for 3 seconds, turns it off).

6 different user programmable modes!

Mango
04-03-2002, 03:18 PM
I love my Halo and havent had one problem with it. I highly recommend it, although they seem like a "hit and miss" product.

RT_Luver
04-03-2002, 03:26 PM
whats bigger and heavier...a ricochet or HALO?

WickeDKlowN
04-03-2002, 04:20 PM
I think that the HALO is bigger, but im not sure

RTMAGBOY13
04-03-2002, 04:22 PM
do u outshoot ur 12vt if not there is no need for a halo if u just wnat to buy something new get a Ricochet Ak then they will do enought for u

ElementEclipse
04-03-2002, 06:21 PM
i got to play with one friday. I must say i enjoyed it. It kept up and i shoot pretty fast. The one think i dislike about it is that it only holds like 160 rounds, so i found myself re-loading often.

WickeDKlowN
04-03-2002, 07:23 PM
right now my 9v seems to be keeping up, but my mag is pretty much stock, and im planning on either getting a Retro Valve, or getting a new gun. so i would prolly need one sooner or later.

JACK
04-03-2002, 07:42 PM
GO TO MELINKO500.COM AND ORDER A BUNCH OF JUGGALO STUFF WOOT WOOT

WickeDKlowN
04-03-2002, 09:26 PM
Actually JACK, i was just thinking about doing that instead. im thinkin a BMX jersey, and a few CD's. But i usually switch back and fourth beteween ordering Psy and PB stuff, and i just ordered a few shirts, so its PB's turn, lol