PDA

View Full Version : SuperBolt not working.

Puddleglum
04-03-2002, 01:34 PM
Is it possible to use wire nubbins with a Superbolt??? I don't have any plastic ones, so I popped the bolt in, and it wouldn't even work. The bolt didn't move. I need some plastic nubbins, but the online store only accepts credit cards, and I don't have one. Does anyone want to buy this bolt? Say $45.00.

Omicron
04-03-2002, 04:05 PM
The bolt should still work regardless of nubbin type...I think the bolt may be too big for the barrel or something

PyRo
04-03-2002, 04:17 PM
Yeah, thats definatley not right, the bolt should work with wire nubbins. All they do is wear down the sleeve.

Russ
04-03-2002, 07:02 PM
If you use wire nubbins with a superbolt, it'll ruin the sleeve in no time. My guess is that you have an SFL superbolt by mistake (there seems to be a lot of that happening :eek: )

Puddleglum
04-04-2002, 08:54 AM
Well I bought it used, so maybe it is an SFL bolt. That really chafes my..............yeah. What can I do about it?
I have a regular mag.

MikeCouves
04-04-2002, 09:15 AM
Hmm. Well there is probably different spec from your SB to the Automag SB. You might be able to sand/grind it down for it to work, but that's risky. I heard that they were refunding SB's, from a dealer. Because some people are still have breaking problems and such. We'll see if we can find out the difference in specs.

Xzion
04-04-2002, 04:29 PM
If im not mistaken, the tip of the SFL superbolts flare out to create a better seal around the cocker barrels used on SFL E-Mags. When used in regular 'mags, the flare gets stuck around the steel washer inside that holds the boltspring back so it will return the bolt to the 'ready to fire' postion.

Try giving AGD a call, or drop em an email at office@airgun.com

MikeCouves
04-04-2002, 06:48 PM
Well I was close :). Thanks for the confirmation Xzion, sounds to me like it would work.