PDA

View Full Version : Ironic story about paintball vandals

krafty
04-03-2002, 05:43 PM
http://www.denverpost.com/Stories/0,1002,53%257E503286,00.html

I honestly don't know how to feel about this incident.

nutz
04-03-2002, 06:11 PM
my question is why was the 15 year old carrying a hand gun?

the stupidity of some ppl just amazes me... (refering to the paintball shooters)

Jonno06
04-03-2002, 06:26 PM
i think it would have been kinda sweet if the two teens walking pulled out paintball guns too(and they all had masks on off course),and starting blasting at each other,hiding behind cars,and in buildings....ahhh....we can all dream....

i would love to play paintball in my neighborhood....

slayer
04-03-2002, 06:26 PM
the paintball kids should have criminal charges put against them. The firearm shooter...well they should be investigated. In the dark, if someone opened fire on me and I had a firearm I would fire back...and no, I wouldn't stop to check what type of munitions they were firing at me.

pip_999
04-03-2002, 06:27 PM
kinda funny

but man no offence but amercan is a bad gun related place

so why wouldnt a 15 year old kid be carrying a gun

besides it coulda been a bad neighbourhood

Vegeta
04-03-2002, 06:31 PM
I am getting tired of this crap. There are just too many ignorant people in the world. Yea I do things that are, against the authorities, per se... but I dont HURT people. I dont shoot people. I dont use my marker for ANYTHING other than paintball, the game. Everyone in the world can't be perfect. But theres a line between Being 'human' and making a few mistakes or doing a few things wrong and being stupid.

Blennidae
04-03-2002, 06:34 PM
I think it was best said in the article, "... what goes around, comes around". Hopefully word of this will get out and discourage other would be vandals.

Valadian
04-03-2002, 06:36 PM
I think this paragraph here however gives a good insight into why (in my opinion) the whole war to call paintball guns "markers" and not "guns" is kinda stupid/pointless.

"The balls are half-inch gelatin capsules filled with water-based paint. Markers - paintball jargon for guns - typically cost about $200, although high-end ones can cost $1,000"

Oh well, thats my take on it, I'll elaborate if anyone cares, but what do you all think?

Webmaster
04-03-2002, 06:42 PM
I dont have any sympathy. If I had the right to carry, was armed, and feared for my life - you bet I would return fire. I dont care if its paintball or 9mm - I will protect myself and my family to the best of my abilities.

FYI - kits have been shot playing lazer tag and using old real looking cap pistols. WTF are the parents? Mine made sure Id never pull a stunt like that - its stupid and dangerous - as you can see...

TylerDurden
04-03-2002, 06:54 PM
I'm with Webby and slayer. people do have the right to defend themselves. As for the teen with the firearm, He could have been a gang member.

hitech
04-03-2002, 07:10 PM
Originally posted by Webmaster
...and feared for my life...

Legally, THAT is going to make a big difference. If the shooter of the real gun feared for his life then the act is self-defense. There still remains the issue of why he was in possession of a firearm...

MagMan5446
04-03-2002, 08:32 PM
There are lots of teens that carry guns...even if they aren't in gangs.

TheBigRaguPB4L
04-03-2002, 11:26 PM
Yes the vandals were stupid and they deserved to get punished. I don't know if they deserve to die. This incident is the exact reason why i will never carry a gun. I'm affraid i'd wind up killing someone.

Do you know how easy it is to have access to a gun? Do you know how easy it is to own(legally/illegaly) a gun? Anyone can get a gun? It's scary these days especially with all these punk kids that has it out to prove to the world on how tough they are. It's sad to see that some people feel the need to show everyone how big they are by hurting or even killing someone.

liigod
04-03-2002, 11:47 PM
9mm to the head, good shot. Sad tho. There are manny stupid people in the world, i only hope natural selection takes its course.

InfinatyBPS
04-03-2002, 11:54 PM
Like webby said, If I had a gun and I didn't know what was being shot at me, I just knew it hurt like a mofo and it could have been a real gun, I would have unloaded into that foo, sorry, but he deserved it.

the JoKeR
04-04-2002, 07:20 AM
The guy who got shot in the head should have known better. At 21, you'd think he would have some common sense. I don't know if it's what he "deserved", but I only feel sorry for his family, not him. Remember the saying "stupid is as stupid does"? As has been stated by others, if I find myself being shot at on the street, I'm not focused on determining if it was a real gun or paintgun. I'm too busy defending myself and my family, to the end... mine or his.

pip_999
04-04-2002, 07:34 AM
what kinda marker anyone know?

cuase if it was a mag, that would be kinda bad, but my guess is its a s2 or a talon

the JoKeR
04-04-2002, 08:44 AM
It's bad regardless of what kind of gun he was using. I doubt it was a high-quality gun though... Most of these incidents aren't done by people who take the sport seriously enough to spend that kind of $$.

ShooterJM
04-04-2002, 09:48 AM
Originally posted by pip_999
besides it coulda been a bad neighbourhood

Um yeah. It's not the nicest part of the denver metro area.

OldSchoolMag
04-04-2002, 01:45 PM
Yeah, I think we all agree on one thing - this sucks. Now we all know (however, the media doesn't - or at least acts like they don't) that these kids don't represent paintball as a sport. This is probably going to bring around major
reprecussions, because, along with the Gary Holten (sorry if I got the name wrong) incident, we've now got two people in the intensive care unit because of assaults with paintball guns. No, not "paintball accidents" because this is not 1) an accident, or 2) related to paintball except that a paintball gun was used. If two cops walked up to a man brutally assaulted with a baseball bat, they wouldn't say "Darn kids" and rush over to the nearest little league field looking to make a bust, no - they'd know it was done with bats, but not related to baseball other than that. These kind of accidents are just too new to have any affect on the average non-paintballing citizen other than to make them think "paintball = street violence". This is a horrible connotation, and it will take a lot of changes to make this go away.

The second (and even worse) part of this story is the kid got SHOT. In today's world, people dying (even by the most dispicable violence) quickly becomes old news, and even monotonous at times. Maybe you all haven't realized that this kid was SHOT in the HEAD and will most likely DIE. Death. Cease to be. And by another kid no less. So, now, not only are we "rambuctious teenagers armed with paintball guns" out roaming the street, we're initiating murders too. Great. Not only do I frown on the paintball shooting in the first place, but the fact that the kid they shot had a gun and was only 14 or 15... yes, he could have been in a gang, or hey, it's a rough neighborhood, but that's NOT the best way to protect yourself. It's an odd stance to be anti-gun yet pro-paintball, but I stand it. And again, he is a KID with a GUN. And so what if he was in a gang or not!? If he was or wasn't would that make the situation any better? It's stupid to think that this has now become an acceptable excuse for carrying a gun.

This isn't just a black eye for the sport of paintball, it's a loss of a limb for all of humanity. This is sickening.

OSM

ShooterJM
04-04-2002, 02:06 PM
Originally posted by OldSchoolMag
The second (and even worse) part of this story is the kid got SHOT. Maybe you all haven't realized that this kid was SHOT in the HEAD and will most likely DIE. Death. Cease to be. And by another kid no less. Not only do I frown on the paintball shooting in the first place, but the fact that the kid they shot had a gun and was only 14 or 15... yes, he could have been in a gang, or hey, it's a rough neighborhood, but that's NOT the best way to protect yourself. And again, he is a KID with a GUN.

This isn't just a black eye for the sport of paintball, it's a loss of a limb for all of humanity. This is sickening.

OSM

A passionate post, but I have a few points. The men, note the term, who shot the paintballs were 21, 21, and 15. One of the 21 year old's was the resulting gunshot victim. While this is a tragedy, there are consequences to a person's actions.

While this particular man didn't forsee these consequences and they are disproportionate to his crime, does that then mean this is a loss of limb for humanity. Not at all. I don't want to spend the emotional currency to feel bad for some man who did something dumb and was shot for it. Far worse is happening in this world. Far far worse.

Callous, perhaps.

-§on-
04-04-2002, 02:32 PM
I don't have any sympathy for the kid shot. He had it comming for him. Im with Webby on this one. If some one shot at me with what ever kind of gun or marker when I wasn't playing paintball, I would have no remorse on firing back. Thats like going in a gang neighbor hood with a red hat and the gang color is Blue, you just don't do it.

People will finally get it once it happens again. Everyone in life has a lesson to learn, he learned his the hard way.

ShooterJM
04-04-2002, 02:46 PM
Originally posted by -§on-
Everyone in life has a lesson to learn, he learned his the hard way.

My point exactly!

Jonneh
04-04-2002, 05:19 PM
Darwin wins again!

obsolete898
04-04-2002, 05:25 PM
^^^^^ awesome!

That's what I call fate kickn' yo a**!

pip_999
04-04-2002, 06:00 PM
Originally posted by ShooterJM

My point exactly!

i 2nd that...or 3rd that

FaSSt
04-04-2002, 08:55 PM
Chlorine in the gene pool, baby.

X-Plosive
04-05-2002, 12:15 AM
Originally posted by liigod
9mm to the head, good shot. Sad tho. There are manny stupid people in the world, i only hope natural selection takes its course.

Interesting, that kid who had planned a school shooting said that was his motive. He just figured that speeding up the process would help mankind......:rolleyes: Unfortunetly he went to the 24h eckerds to get his film developed.....who takes pictures of shotguns and pipe bombs? The Eckerd cashier also noticed that in the picture he was wearing a natural seleciton shirt. Then she notified the Sheriffs Department. I don't remember all the details but it occured about a year ago. I don't really know what to think of this shooting. Other than that kid who opened fire on the 15 year old is regreting it now.