PDA

View Full Version : suggestions, comments, ideas?

xray_tech1
04-03-2002, 06:35 PM
ok....i'm a newbee in the world of automags. I used to shoot with a spyder xtra all decked out, but then i decided to get a real gun...lol. Below is a list of what i have for my automag so far. I sure would like some feedback to find out if i'm headed in the right direction with my gun, and any ideas for a trigger. THANKS!

Shock Tech 8-hole valve
Perfect 12" ceramic barrell
ACI 4 expansion chamber (i know i don't need this)
Perfect drop forward
Perfect bottom line w/ shut-off valve
ANS xtreme venturi
68 ci fiberglass nitro tank with built in reg.

CAN YOU TASTE MY PAINT?

Xzion
04-03-2002, 06:49 PM
Well, the first thing on your list is just a wase of money really, when it comes to Valve internals, the best set is the stock valve. If you want to upgrade your valve, the only real upgrade that actually does something, is the AGD ReTro Valve. Most aftermarket parts will do absolutly nothing, or cause problems in your marker. Also, 8 hole mods were a fix to a problem of the old AGD valves, when the air hole passages didnt line up, having 8 holes, ensured at least ONE of the 8 holes lined up with the other. Now, the two halves of the valve are milled to always line up, making the 8 hole mod useless.

Other than that, when it comes to barrels, find one that fits your paint well, and you'll be shooting darts. you might wish to go to a gas through foregrip instead of the ex chamber, which you dont really need, which you stated and -may- restrict some airflow into your valve.

As for the bolt, the ANS ones are made of a softer steel than the stock ones, or so ive heard, and tend to wear out faster. As for a trigger/trigger frame, a 2X trigger frame is always a good upgrade, the best one you can get is the AGD Intelliframe, it will keep the short, crisp trigger pull of the stock frame, in a 2X trigger 45 frame, which also comes stock with DYE Stickie grips, trigger, and a mounting bracket for mounting a microswitch for intellifeed linking to a moterized loader, or Warp Feed.

xray_tech1
04-03-2002, 07:02 PM
hey...thanks alot for the suggestions. Sounds like you know what ur talkin about. i'll have to try switching out some of the parts and playing with it a little bit......KEEP THE SUGGESTIONS COMING!

CAN YOU TASTE MY PAINT?

Poseidon
04-03-2002, 07:03 PM
Save your money and just get a gas thru grip or a fore grip for you mag. It'll be cheaper than an expansion chamber. If you go with a gas thru you will also need a thread adapter so you can screw in a gas thur. The adapters are around $20. Gas Thrus are around 20. The basic fore grips are $27 at Drop Zone. http://www.dropzonepaintball.com/html/kapp_automag_acc.html

I'd go the fore grip way because then you don't have to run hoses to the gas thru and out the adapter to the vavle. With the fore grip you just run the tube strait to the vavle.