PDA

View Full Version : New mag prob.

bud_browner
04-03-2002, 06:59 PM
I went in and my dealer had all of my stuff waiting.
ACI gas thru
ss Hose
PMI Drop
I started shooting it and it worked fine for about 15 shots then the bolt stuck and wouldnt come forward, this is a brand new mag. I was using CO2 but i bought it and went home i got home and plugged in my tank and the trigger rod wont go back, which means i cant pull the trigger. and there was a leak in around the trigger. So i looked at the owners manuel and seen the on/off deal. So i checked it out and it says that the main o-ring for that is the teflon the one by the pin and bottom part. (the biggest piece). I changed it with the other one down farther and so far it works fine but i dont have any CO2 left to check i ran out on my last test prob. 25 shots but nothing stuck or leaked. You think i took car of it? my parts bag didnt come with lil' teflon o-rings so where can i get some more? do they come in the replacement parts from AGD or Classic Valve parts package?

xray_tech1
04-03-2002, 07:27 PM
k.....when i bought my mag, i had the same problem. The bolt locked forward after 12 shots or so, then sounded like it was leaking. I was also shooting co2. The solution i did was this...I simply put an anti-siphon in my tank. It took care of the problem till i got a chance to go to nitro. I think what happens is you shoot liquid into the valve and it freezes everythin. Anti-siphons are pretty cheap to do. Just take ur tank to ur local shop and tell them that you want an anti-siphon put in and give em $20 (approx) and they'll do it. Ultimately, you should be shooting nitro or compressed air for best results, but that should fix the problem for now.
As far as the o-rings go, they come in the rebuild kit, but if you just want the rings, try going to ur local hardware store with the different sizes and try to match them up..........GOOD LUCK!

PyRo
04-03-2002, 07:29 PM
You don't have any small white teflon o-rings?
You can buy them from a local store, the AGD online store (I think, not sure if there is a minimun order), or they also come in a parts kit. Your problem sounds like it was in the on-off, so as long as you fixed everything in there you should be good. If you got 25 good shots, there is no reason you cannot get 10000 more.

hitech
04-03-2002, 07:31 PM
Originally posted by xray_tech1
As far as the o-rings go, they come in the rebuild kit, but if you just want the rings, try going to ur local hardware store with the different sizes and try to match them up.

Most hardware stores don't carry the proper orings for an automag. You are MUCH better off getting a parts kit.

rjvemt1
04-03-2002, 08:27 PM
i have an old CP patch glued to the front of my vl2000 the one with the two lighting bolts going through the skull. do you know a guy named art gonzales from prime time he played with phatom force also?

bud_browner
04-03-2002, 09:19 PM
I hooked up a buddys tank and shot. It shoots really good, But....when i hold the trigger down a hiss comes down the barrel for a 10th of a sec. and then it makes a pop pop pop for as long as i hold it in. once i let go it goes away. and the popping sound is quieter than the actual shooting about by half.

pip_999
04-04-2002, 08:41 AM
most of the hardware stores carry them, some are quite identical, i even found o-rings that resemble the reg seat

Smokee_2_7
04-04-2002, 10:28 AM
bud_browner,

That pop-pop sound w/ the trigger held is the unique sound that tells you instantly that youve got to replace the teflon o-ring in the on / off assembly. just to be safe, id replace both of the lil'guys in the assymbly.

As far as your bolt stick problem, Power tube spacer.

Get a kit, and learn how they work. Doing so will let you kinda fine tune your trigger pull a bit.

Those are the 2 things i would do immediately if I had your gun sitting right here. Let me know how it goes.

Carl

rjvemt1
04-04-2002, 05:13 PM
agd will send you the maintenance and trouble shooting video for just the price of shipping, it tells tou how to solve every possible problem with the gun. even 'when you hold the trigger and it sounds like a lawn sprinkler' thats a quote from the video!

GallagherAtWar
04-05-2002, 05:24 AM
do u have any way of going from co2 to nitro becasue this is why you need nitrogen

automags hate co2
i guess u could get a palmer reg for the automag that would help a lot

sorry

Chri$$

bud_browner
04-05-2002, 10:53 PM
Yes i will be getting a comp. air tank in about a week i just wanted to shoot my gun and work the stiff trigger a lil' no teflon o-rings came just 2 big ones i will be ordering a o-ring parts shortly thanks for the help