PDA

View Full Version : Reg Revy board to X-Board

gothicel
04-03-2002, 08:07 PM
I had heard from a guy that owns a paintball store, don't want to make anyone a target, that you can easily turn a Regular Revy board into an X-Board by just penciling/tracing a connection somewhere on the board to take out the delay that the X-Board provides. I wish I had paid more attention, does anyone know anything more about that, I'll lable it as myth for now, and if it doesn't impinge on any laws.

FordPrefect
04-03-2002, 08:54 PM
I don't think that it could break any laws, seeing as you bought the Revvy. But, I don't konw about the penciling thingy, sounds weird to me.

Restola
04-03-2002, 09:10 PM
you can do some stuff with your computer by penciling connections too. dont know how/where though.

im sure you arent breaking any laws.

clanger
04-04-2002, 01:04 AM
Yes, now that I think about it this may be possible. I know for a fact on cpu's and other stuff if you use a lead based pencil you can connect transistors and other stuff to overclock the cpu's. I will have a looksee into this.

Chris

BOOT
04-04-2002, 02:06 AM
It's easier said than done, but what you have to do is find the part of the circuit that has the eye input and then find were the delayed output to turn the motor is, and providing the voltages match, you can put in a jumper (possibly with a diode to avoid feedback to the eye circuit input) across the two points. However using a diode may reduce the voltages to the point that the circuit won't fire. Another alternative would be to disable the delay circuit (not likely all that easy) instead of running the diode.

This is just a little brainstorming here...don't try anything like this unless you know what you are doing!!!

My suggestion would be that unless you have the time and exact means of how it's done...you will be better off going out and spending the few dollars on the X board itself.

It could very well be an easy way to fix pre X boards, but the question is...is it worth it?

Anyway...that's just my 2 cents. (I just went out and bought a Ricochet 2k)

Good luck

Bartleby
04-04-2002, 11:38 AM
about the overclocking thing, it's very true. On all thunderbird processors the only difference between them is that they take a lazor and slice come brass connections on the L1 line on top of the casing for the cpu. All that needs to be done is to connect the split connections with a mechanical pencil and it will allow you to change the multiplier and thus easily overclock the thing. I've got my 1.2 T-Bird running at 1.6 and it was definitely well worth it. I mean come on, how much does lead cost anyways?

as for the revy board, i'd believe this is a possibility, and i'm going to look into it. I guess i'll consider it my project for the night. If i find anything i'll be sure to let everyone know.