PDA

View Full Version : Underwater gun???

Polishpickles451
04-04-2002, 08:52 AM
In the manual that comes with the Automag and Minimag, it says to clean the gun by dipping it in water while it is fully pressurized. Do you(or should you) fire the gun while it is underwater?

cphilip
04-04-2002, 08:54 AM
If all the seals are good it's ok as its all under positive pressure but you will get one heck of a splash of water! I would not do it. You will get wet.:D

MikeCouves
04-04-2002, 09:10 AM
Haha Phil. Yeah no water will get into the internals because the seals keep it out. If you think about it, if no air can get out, how can water possibly get in? Lol, it's weird.

Phil how would you go about putting it in though? Like upside down with the tank in the air? Which part of the marker would you use? Just the valve or the whole mainbody and parts.

cphilip
04-04-2002, 09:32 AM
Yes, upside down with tank in the air is it. Then use your brother or sisters tooth brush and clean it all up and keep dipping it back in to resoak it. A few drops of Liquid Dish detergent in the first bucket helps the water cling. Then dip in a bucket of fresh water to rinse. Then rinse out your brother/sisters tooth brush and replace it on the rack so he/she never knows. Then after some time of inital drying degass it and dismantle the marker and complete the drying it all off in the nooks and cranies and reassemble oiling all the proper parts as you go.

DO NOT DO THIS WITH EMAG!!!

virus
04-04-2002, 11:52 AM
hmm... i usally just take off my tank cover and dunk everything (once gassed up that is) in the sink or bathtub.....

besides firing it under water is fun....

DaosBeoulve
04-04-2002, 12:40 PM
cphilip, I'm going to clean my gun exactly like that next time I'm home...:D Thanks for the tips...:cool:

PyRo
04-04-2002, 01:15 PM
Ok, I don't know that much about pysics and such, but...
The bolt is not sealed the entire time the gun is under, when it shoots for about 1/50th of a sec it is unsealed. Now, when the air comes out does that create a vacuume in the chamber, and suck some air back in? Or does it retain some pressure, enough to keep the water from flowing in.

cphilip
04-04-2002, 02:09 PM
Originally posted by PyRo
Ok, I don't know that much about pysics and such, but...
The bolt is not sealed the entire time the gun is under, when it shoots for about 1/50th of a sec it is unsealed. Now, when the air comes out does that create a vacuume in the chamber, and suck some air back in? Or does it retain some pressure, enough to keep the water from flowing in.

Always either pressurized or its pushing out air and forcing water away. The vacuum affect is around the bolt not into the PT. But like I said I wouldn't shoot it for the mess anyway.

paintsprayer
04-04-2002, 04:55 PM
i heard someone say you should oil the gun before you put it into the water. is this true or should you oil it afterward?

Butterfingers
04-04-2002, 04:59 PM
Dosent matter if you oil before or after.

Just make sure your reg spring pack has an ample amount of grease on it to keep the water from rusting it.

I filled up a tub of water and fired half my tank dry NO problems whatsoever.

It makes a cool thumping bass sound if you have a fiberglass tub.

If you fill the tub to the top the weight of the water above should keep the splashing to a minimum.

nutz
04-04-2002, 06:00 PM
haha i have never tryed firing my gun under water... maybe i should try this with my EMAG!!

lol :D

Thordic
04-05-2002, 07:34 AM
I'm waiting here patiently for someone to electrocute themself trying to dunk an Emag...

cphilip
04-05-2002, 07:39 AM
He he....

Not to mention fry the board.

Thordic
04-05-2002, 08:42 AM
Its bound to happen :)

The board should actually be safe, isn't it coated in silicone? I'm pretty sure most e-marker boards have a waterproof layer sprayed on top of them. I remember reading about that somewhere. It may not hold up to submersion, though.

But the battery contacts would still hit water :)

cphilip
04-05-2002, 08:50 AM
You know I don't realy know. I never noticed any but then again it would be thin and clear...

And the selenoid might be suseptable as well as the HES. Anyway I think incidental water would not be to bad but immersion sure would be. Did you see the thread on the guy who recieved one in the mail all soaked and wet? It was a gonner.

pbR2k2
04-08-2002, 09:06 PM
I just pressurize my gun, stick it in the toilet and flush while shooting... It's fun to :D .... but then theres the mess to clean up :(

drx975
04-09-2002, 05:12 PM
I wonder what would happen if you tried firing a paintball under water before it melted....someone try this, lol. Im gonna try shooting my gun underwater the next time to impress my spyder friends even further....lol....

Havoc_online
04-09-2002, 07:12 PM
lol, I've thought about that forever, waterpfoofing my loading system, cover the p/f and cover the end of the barrel with a "balloon" and fire away, hmmm... Would you be able to fire so fast that you can keep on shooting before water gets into the barrel, or would the water on the first paintball break the first round and the rest of the rounds after that? I think #2, but it's fun to think about.:)

AGD
04-10-2002, 06:18 PM
Only in a Mag forum would there be a long thread about shooting your gun under water!!

AGD

virus
04-10-2002, 06:30 PM
Originally posted by AGD
Only in a Mag forum would there be a long thread about shooting your gun under water!!

AGD

:D well what did you expect..... we need something to talk about untill one of us can figure out a way to make a Zgrip work for an Emag.... and while we wait for the agd jerseys to come out also :D

paint magnet
04-11-2002, 02:43 PM
I wouldn't think an Emag would shoot underwater, unless you had it on manual mode. Then, it should shoot just like any normal mag. (other than the trigger)