PDA

View Full Version : Polycarbonate vs ABS Plastic

HyperSnyper
04-04-2002, 03:15 PM
Hey guys,

I had a quaestion reguarding Hopper materials. I have read Warpig a while back about BE's swap from Plastic hoppers to the new Polycarbonate material which is supposively much stonger in their ballistic impact tests.

I know the new VL's use polycarbonate, but I just got off the phone with Ricochet, they said that all their hoopers are made of ABS Plastic but will be converting to polucarbonate shortly.

I dont know what the HALO is made of, probably Plastic?

I need to know all, what the pros and cons of each material. I think I remeber reading that Brass Eagle made the swap for durability reasons and the fact that polycarbonate is cheaper to manufacture.

Let me know all.

-Hyper

liigod
04-04-2002, 03:35 PM
Dude dont worry yer pretty little head about the material. HALOS are STRONG. and made better than any other hopper in the durrablitity department.Great customer service too,

Butterfingers
04-04-2002, 04:26 PM
Halos are polycarb.

Polycarb has higher impact resistance. And is actually used in laminate form in bullet proof glass and high impact nalgene trail bottles.

Ive dropped my polycarb nalgene bottle full of water down a 50 foot cliff once scuffed it up for sure but it still held water.

pito189
04-04-2002, 05:14 PM
I have heard of those poly carb bottles being dropped from thirty feet onto a sharp point and not breaking.

pip_999
04-04-2002, 05:44 PM
i think taht they would break on pointed rocks

HyperSnyper
04-04-2002, 07:41 PM
So does Polycarb mean no more necks breaking off? All those durability stories do seem a little far fetched but then again, I dont much experience with that stuff.

-Hyper

FordPrefect
04-04-2002, 07:49 PM
Yeah, you will most likely not have any more feed neck breaks.