PDA

View Full Version : O-Rings

Kevmag
04-04-2002, 03:15 PM
What is the difference between O-rings? I've seen both Buna/Nitrile and Urethane O-rings for use in paintball. Is there any difference? Can you use both of these on barrels, valves, CO2 tanks, ect?

paintsprayer
04-04-2002, 04:50 PM
i have no idea. i would like to see some of the responses to this post.

xray_tech1
04-04-2002, 05:48 PM
i have used all different kinds of rings with my spyder and my mag. i would guess that the urethane rings are better for co2 cause of the cold and all. but for nitro and CA, i would think that any kind of ring will do, as long as it seals. i have had to do an emergency replacement with a ring that was not the same material and i didn't have any problems....i too would love to know if my reasoning is correct.

MikeCouves
04-04-2002, 06:47 PM
Yeah, mags use different types. They use like teflon and urethane. You know Tom, gotta be perfect :D.

Magyster
04-04-2002, 06:54 PM
Yeah the black ones are for the gun and such. And the white ones are for the CO2 tanks. But whenever there is per say a white one don't put a black one on it. And when there is a black one don't put a white one.

pbR2k2
04-08-2002, 09:12 PM
Urethane O-Rings work better for CO2 tanks. They don't brake as easy and stuff.

PyRo
04-09-2002, 02:14 PM
The teflon o-rings (white ones in the on-off) are used in the regular mags because they are harder to freeze with Co2. In an RT, the same sized rings are used, only the o-rings aren't made of teflon.
The o-rings that come in the AGD parts kits are the best. If anyone has tried using o-rings from the hardware store as a replacement for the AGD ones, you know that they will not last nearly as long. The o-rings in a well maintaind gun running on nito will last for years.