PDA

View Full Version : Combining warp and 9v revvy

BTAutoMag
04-04-2002, 09:10 PM
i want to combine my warp and my 9v revvy so that:

-when my warp turns my revvy turn.

-i have a toggle switch that i can control the flow from 2 bateries. (i.e. when one battery runs low on juice i flip a switch and go to the other one)

-i have a toggle switch that controls on/off

-they use the same battery

i could use this to night if all possible.

unseenunheard
04-04-2002, 09:37 PM
the way i did mine is i soldered 2 wires from the warp motor and ran them up to the revy motor, with this i also removed the revy board and eye.

BTAutoMag
04-04-2002, 09:40 PM
the two wires comming from the board to the motor in the warp?

BTAutoMag
04-04-2002, 09:50 PM
ok i see what youre saying now so what im going to do is combine what you said and what robAGD said in the classic at the top and frankinstein them together tomorow at school. ill post results.

unseenunheard
04-04-2002, 09:59 PM
yeh just solder 2 wires into the back of the warp motor were the wires conect to it and run them up to the revy motor postive to positive and negative ot negative, that simple. again with this done i removed my revy board and eye but i don't see why you couldn't leave it in.

BTAutoMag
04-05-2002, 07:32 AM
im going to do this 2nd hour at school today. i have everything here i need. i think that leaving the eye in is a good idea so that its easier to revers if the need arises

Thordic
04-05-2002, 07:35 AM
Hmm, all the ways I had tried to do a warp/revvy intellifeed I got voltage leaks.

Are you going to intellifeed them both, or just intelli the revvy off the warp?

BTAutoMag
04-05-2002, 07:36 AM
just the revvy and the warp nothing else

Thordic
04-05-2002, 07:38 AM
Ahh, ok.

I had a hell of a time trying to run an intellifeed to my revvy, so I'm not help in that department. Revvys aren't in my area of expertise :) Good luck though.

BTAutoMag
04-05-2002, 07:41 AM
well im not sure about 12v but with 9v there are just 4 wires. 2 from the battery going to the board and 2 from the board going to the battery.

hitech
04-05-2002, 10:06 AM
I am going to be doing this. My plan is to use an SCR (electronic relay) to control the revy. Basically, the voltage from the warp motor closes the "relay" and the relay provides voltage to the revy motor. This will avoid pulling to much current through the warp circuts. When it works, I'll post circut diagrams and maybe some pictures.

PM or email me if you want me to PM/email you when I get it working.

P.S. Glad to see someone else thinks this is a good idea. :D

BTAutoMag
04-05-2002, 10:35 AM
accually i got half of it done today already and im going to finish it tonight. ill post the results in the tech forum tonight and then when i shoot my best friend with it tommorow ill post the preformance.

BTAutoMag
04-05-2002, 10:40 AM
ok i ran into my first problem. after cleaning upp my mess of parts in shop i found two REALLY SMALL springs. they are about 1/4mm in dia and about 3/4 cm long... does any body know what these go to and where i need to put them?

hitech
04-05-2002, 11:22 AM
Originally posted by BTAutoMag
ok i ran into my first problem. after cleaning upp my mess of parts in shop i found two REALLY SMALL springs. they are about 1/4mm in dia and about 3/4 cm long... does any body know what these go to and where i need to put them?

Yep. They go on the vibration sensor. I'm not sure exactly where.

Let me know how it works. If I can avoid the complication of the SCR that would make things easier.

BTAutoMag
04-05-2002, 11:23 AM
uh whoops:( :rolleyes:

BTAutoMag
04-05-2002, 11:32 AM
will this little misshap efect my preformance and if so how do i fix it?

hitech
04-05-2002, 12:01 PM
Originally posted by BTAutoMag
will this little misshap efect my preformance and if so how do i fix it?

I don't think the vibration sensor will work without them. They go between the PC board and the sensor. Hopefully you can tell by looking at the back of the PC board.

BTAutoMag
04-05-2002, 05:56 PM
i fixed it and it works great. i will post how i did it with a picture in the tech forum but i will also put a link to it from here in a min or 2

BTAutoMag
04-05-2002, 06:41 PM
heres how i did it

http://www.automags.org/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=31601