PDA

View Full Version : Warp Breach proto done

kilaueakid
04-05-2002, 12:06 AM
Got the first one done, it still needs to be cleaned up cosmetics done to it, but I wanted to test it out before doing all that. One problem I forsee is with the "eye" being in the bottom of the breach, the ball will roll across it and possibly be detected to early. You know what that means....a powerfeed warp version breach is next on Kila's list, so that balls "drop" down to the eye vs. rolling across it.

Software changes could also work with this setup by putting a slightly longer delay from when the ball is read to the time the gun fires, giving it more time to sit in the breach.

I will post results friday, and expect a shortened powerfeed version in the next few weeks.

kilaueakid
04-05-2002, 12:09 AM
The hopper would have the hose going through it, but I want to make sure the thing works first. It's the only revy I got laying around.:D

Manuel_FZR
04-05-2002, 01:49 AM
It looks great ... !
Now with the Warp breach the Xtreme is almost perfect.
But with some people having problems with the Xtreme/SFL Iīm thinking over getting one (I really donīt want a 1500$ gun that doesnīt work perfect) :rolleyes:
I still think, itīs the best looking gun on the planet, but Iīm not sure, if itīs the best working one ... :rolleyes:

boggerman
04-05-2002, 01:51 AM
Nicely done, looks like it should make for a very compact setup.

BradPalooza
04-05-2002, 07:09 AM
Hey Kila,
That looks pretty sharp, let's hook up this weekend and get a video clip of this to throw on the web.
-Brad

Load SM5
04-05-2002, 07:10 AM
So how'd you make that happen? And what would it take for you to make your good buddy Load one? :D

Looks great! Would it be a big issue to just disable the eye with the warp breech on. Have you outshot the warp yet?

kilaueakid
04-05-2002, 08:46 AM
Load,
Yes the eye could be disabled and used without it. However, I for one like the safety of having the eye on.
Which leads me towards the powerfeed warp breach....it has multiple bennifits....the eye issue, feeding issues and possibly some cool adapters...:D...will have to wait and see.

If this breach works out, I will look into getting a few made up for you Load and a couple other SFL owners that are interested.

Brad,
I am going to be out of town tonight and saturday and I am going to the RAF/Wizards school on Sunday.

Panzerr
04-05-2002, 09:10 AM
Looks nice!

Croix71
04-05-2002, 09:20 AM
Lookin good Kilauea! :D

I haven't seen an ace before so forgive me for my ignorance, anyways is there anyway to offset the eye or adjust so it won't detects the balls until it's completely inside with your warp breach set up?

hitech
04-05-2002, 09:37 AM
Kila,
Tom said he was having trouble with the paintballs wanting to slowly "wiggle" back down the feed tube when the warp hasn't spun for a while (ie, between games). When it does, choooooop. You could always try putting a detent in the feed tube to keep the paintball in the breach.

Let us know how it works.

thecavemankevin
04-05-2002, 09:44 AM
If the balls wiggle down the warp stack then perhaps try a little duct tape on the inside of the two warp plastic plates.

Dubstar112
04-05-2002, 09:49 AM
I think a detent would be the best idea, nothin speicial just a gated type like the IR3

BTAutoMag
04-05-2002, 10:38 AM
a SLF, freak and a warp... all you need is a HALO and a Flatline 4.5k and youll have my dream gun:D

IceCool32
04-05-2002, 03:32 PM
Originally posted by BTAutoMag
a SLF, freak and a warp... all you need is a HALO and a Flatline 4.5k and youll have my dream gun:D

..He's got the 4.5k flatline, it's a 45/45. Why would he get a HALO on the warp? the Turborev is enough for it.

BTAutoMag
04-05-2002, 06:13 PM
hey its my dream i can have a warp if i want one

BTAutoMag
04-05-2002, 06:14 PM
i ment HALO