PDA

View Full Version : What output pressure for AutoMag

i_dno
04-05-2002, 01:03 AM
I just bought a MacDev Conquest tank. The manual recommends setting output pressure for the mag at 500 to 600 psi. I've heard elsewhere that it should be around 800 psi. A note in the manual says "This system has been designed to run at much lower output pressures than any other system available. When setting the output pressure to your marker add 150-200 psi to the markers working pressure...". What's "working pressure?

BlackVCG
04-05-2002, 02:30 AM
The MacDev Conquest is for lower pressure guns, but it should work fine with your Mag. The "working" pressure of the Mag is 375psi so you want your Conquest set at about 600psi output.

Thordic
04-05-2002, 07:29 AM
Just as a note, though, while it may work fine, its top output pressure IS a little low, so if you notice shootdown, the tank is a likely culprit. I think it was Russ who had bad shootdown with a MacDev tank.

BEEFYSAUSAGE
04-05-2002, 07:49 AM
i have used a max attack(forerunner of the conquest) and have it set at 600psi and have no shootdown at all ,over here alot of people who shoot mags use em "there Ausie made"
and i have seen no problems at all ...if it worries you just set it to 650psi and it will be plenty.
oh and i have seen them running on retro,rt mags too no shootdown(although people do have them set up with higher pressure then 600psi for trigger reactiveness)
if you have a problem just go to www.macdev.net and they will help you out(very nice people)
BEEFY.

BTAutoMag
04-05-2002, 10:43 AM
what i did was i put a reg as close to the valve as i could then i turned it all the way down to 0 and pressurized it. then i just turned it up till the gun charged and then 1/2 turn more. thats what i consider the perfect pressure

BEEFYSAUSAGE
04-05-2002, 11:05 AM
what reg are you talking about?..tank reg,secondary reg??
just till the gun charged and then half a turn more which reg?
did you cheak what speed your marker was shooting at?
was your a.i.r valve open fully?
was it consistant??
please can you be more clear??
BEEFY.

BTAutoMag
04-05-2002, 11:13 AM
i only have one reg on my setup but ill explain it as iff i run of nitro with a secondary. turn your secondary reg as far down as you can get it. turn on the air in your tank/ screw it in/ pressureizse your gun. turn up the pressure on your secondary untill you here the sear click. that means your pressure is at its lowest setting. then just turn it up about 1/2 more turn and you should be set.

BEEFYSAUSAGE
04-06-2002, 01:21 AM
thanks bt