PDA

View Full Version : does boiling a body help it looke shinier??

GallagherAtWar
04-05-2002, 05:28 AM
Should i boil my polished main body??
Should i boil my regular main body???
Should i boil my nickel barrel????????
Should i boil my boomstick barrel????

Chri$$

Potatoboy
04-05-2002, 06:11 AM
Ok, I can ignore nubbins that make the ball curve, I can ignore rubber bands to cause backspin, but I can't ignore boiling to make shiner.

Stop for a second and think. Why would boiling something make it shiner? Are there magical powers in the water that are activated by heat and summer tiny little gnomes with tiny little rags to polish any metal object you place in there?

Honestly, what could boiling do?!

Maybe if the part needs washing it'll end up looking cleaner, but that's because it was dirty, not because it is shiner magically now.

Try polishing things. That usually gets them shinier.

Thordic
04-05-2002, 07:28 AM
The logic behind this posts boggles my mind.

Go get some high-grit sandpaper from the autobody shop, and a tub of Mothers Mag Polish while you are there. It takes about an hour and some elbow grease, and in the end you get shiny stuff.

Do a search, I know theres threads on this.

paintsprayer
04-05-2002, 07:54 AM
try boiling your revy.

Potatoboy
04-05-2002, 07:56 AM
Yeah, boiling your paintballs will make them shiner, cause them to have backspin, and make them as accurate as a cocker!

:rolleyes:

cphilip
04-05-2002, 10:00 AM
Ok here is the secret..

Place your Automag body in a large pot. Add cold water, Sliced Potatos, Onions, Carrots, Celery, Garlic, one Large can of Tomato's, 1/2 tsp each of dried (for fresh double the amount and better) Oregano, Thyme, and Sweet Basil, Parsley flakes and salt and fresh ground pepper to taste. Boil until Potatos are tender. Remove body. Add 2 cups of cream or half and half. Bring back to a simmer and serve.

Serve Cream of Vegtable soup with a nice crusty bread and a good red wine. I recomend a nice Merlot.

Dry body off and reinstall.

Quiet
04-05-2002, 10:48 AM
Are boiled eggs shinier than other eggs? I think I'll pull some out of the fridge and do a comparison.

synreal
04-05-2002, 10:52 AM
boiled trigger hand = increased ROF?

i think its worth a try

Quiet
04-05-2002, 11:00 AM
The water is almost boiling now. I'll stick my hand in with the egg. Answer comming soon.

BTAutoMag
04-05-2002, 11:34 AM
you know i would have never thought of that but hey if it works, why not. thats my philosophy in life

Quiet
04-05-2002, 04:29 PM
ow ow ow ow ow.

Egg doesn't look any shinier to me. Won't know about the ROF on the hand for a few days, the bandages are impeding the movement of my fingers.;)

xray_tech1
04-05-2002, 05:01 PM
Hey phillip, can you email me that recepie, i'm hungry and i feel like being creative. You know what would make that better, instead of the potato's add 200 rounds of marblizer, and some progun oil.......YUMMY!!!!!!!!!!

_________
CAN YOU TASTE MY PAINT?
BETTER YET, CAN YOU TASTE PHILLIP'S MAG SOUP?:p

Autotrigger
04-05-2002, 08:32 PM
Gallager, you have entirely to much time on your hands!
I think your brain is boiling!!

BTAutoMag
04-05-2002, 08:38 PM
lets make a list of all the paintball parts we can boil shall we;)

marley618
04-05-2002, 08:52 PM
I heard it only works with electronic guns such as e-mags and angel lcds. Anyone with one should try it. And if you put food coloring in the water it make the gun that color too.

Quiet
04-05-2002, 08:57 PM
WOW its like super cheap anodizing:D

If I hadn't just burned my hand I might try it

GallagherAtWar
04-06-2002, 07:54 AM
hehe

I saw on a old automag site and i try it on my brothers gun and my gun and it seemed to clean it a little at least on my brothers gun and i was wondering if it could hurt it in any way

but for my brothers gun it did help. It make the regular ss body not polished look a little more lighter

And i have already polished my gun

thanks for the Flame.

Chri$4

mr_cool2588
04-06-2002, 03:29 PM
if you want to boile your main bodies, have fun

if you want to spend hours polishing your main bodies, have fun

if somone at the field wants to judge you on how shinny your gun is, you should tell them you don't like guys.

I used to spend countless hours making my gun "pretty" but then at the end of the tunnel god reminded me that i was just going to run out onto a dirty field, dive in mud, and watch paint fly all over my gun after I catch diablo right on my feed tube.

The he said you are wasting your time.