PDA

View Full Version : a tech question regarding my cocker

DOWNWITHANGELS
04-05-2002, 07:43 AM
Hi, I got my cocker a week ago, so I dont know to much about it. I just got a shocktech 3 way, and I was wondering if someone can tell me how to put it on and take the old one off. Would I have to time my gun after I do so?

BTAutoMag
04-05-2002, 07:48 PM
i love how people with cockers post their problems at mag forums:D

kinglear
04-05-2002, 09:47 PM
First of all, I would suggest going to your local pro ship if possible and having the tech install it, this will make life a lot easier for you. Second, yes after the 3 way is installed you will have to re time the cocker. Now, roughly, here is how to do it, please note that I have not done this myselfm, only watched the tech do it, so proceed at your own risk.

first you have to seperate the stock 3 way from the cocker. To do this, Remove the grip frame from the body. Now unscrew the set screw and unscrew the timing cylinder. Next remove the hoses from the 3 way. I belive that the 3 way should be removeable now by unscrewing it from the front block. I suggest finding some way of gripping it without scratching it. It should be lock-tited in so it may be difficult to remove. So the 3 way should slide out throught th front after you unscrew it. Now insert the shocktech bomb 3 way and screw down, lock-titing it in place so that the hose attachments face the same direction as the old 3way. Re attache the timing cylinder and tighten the set screw down. Reattach the grip frame. Now you need to reattach the hoses on the 3 way. The hose from your pnematic reg goes into the center input on the shocktech 3 way. Next attach a hose betwen the rear of the ram, closest to the front block, and the rear of the three way. then attache the hose from the front of the ram to the front of the 3way. You should note that this is opposite the way that the stock 3 way works. Now you have to retime the cocker, which i assume you know how to do. if not try www.paintballravi.com, the tech section explains how to time a cocker. If this doesn't help, go to www.Rumbleme.com (http://www.rumbleme.com) and post in the tech forum and someone will get back to you, as several of the guys there use cockers, including the two guys who run the site.
hope that helps.

-jon-