PDA

View Full Version : shocktech drop

Bartleby
04-05-2002, 07:52 AM
Hey i recently bought the shocktech long drop and set it up on my mag. there is a little hole that goes into the asa(i mean tiny)and the issue is that when gased up air is leaked very slowly and quietly from that hole. i tried looking at it and measuring if it was past the depth that the tank screws in and i don't believe it is. so what does this mean? my belief is that i need a new o-ring on my tank but i haven't been able to try a new one as my friend took my bag of them from me last weekend. thanks.

skipdogg
04-05-2002, 11:48 AM
are u saying that the drop leaks?? if you are, than it's your o-ring or elbow connection. a drop can't leak. there's no air going into it.

krafty
04-05-2002, 12:01 PM
The hole in the ASA is supposed to be there. It vents the excess pressure out before the tank gets completely unscrewed so you don't ruin your o-rings.

I would try putting on a new tank o-ring. I'd also put a tiny bit of oil (not too much or it'll leak worse) on the o-ring. This may help you get a better seal. Also, look inside the ASA for anything unusual (like a burr in the metal, a gouge, etc) that would create an uneven surface and not let the o-ring seal properly.

Bartleby
04-05-2002, 12:33 PM
cool, that's what i figured it was. Thanks a lot krafty.

krafty
04-05-2002, 12:42 PM
One thing I forgot too... Does the ASA adapter thingy (nice technical description, eh?) had multiple taps to it? If so, make sure the extra holes are securely plugged. You may be getting a slow leak that way too.

My DZ II on/off screw-in adapter came with a plug that didn't quite fit, and I ended up taping the hell out of it to get it to stop leaking on me. Eventually I went down to the local gas supply place, paid a dime, and got a better plug. :)

Bartleby
04-05-2002, 12:46 PM
yeah it has multiple outlets, but i sealed them pretty nicely. the issue was that there is a tiny hole (as you said is meant to release presure maybe) right next to one of the side outlets. that is really the only issue i had, and it's not really that much of an issue as you can't even hear it, just feel it when you put your finger over the hole.