PDA

View Full Version : SFL proto warp breach test results..

kilaueakid
04-05-2002, 11:49 AM
Testing went very, very well this morning. I put 1200 rounds through the new breach without a sputter, quirk, barrel break, chop. I tried using the ACE, but it would not sense a ball ocasionally. I had to set the sensitivity very low on it, otherwise it would read the ball to early.

I ended up turning the ACE off and not using it. To be honest, I think if you are using a Warp, an ACE system is not neccesary. Especially if you have a 12volt mod done to your warp.

I am taking some suggestions from the first thread on this and will try to incorporate a ball stop mechanism of some kind so the balls don't back out of the breach, it may be just another ball detent located in the proper place. I haven't had any problems with this problem happening, but I will try leaving it sit awile without shooting, and maybe even run with it to see if this happens.

Anyway...I have already done the hose mod after testing this morning. Here are some more pics.

kilaueakid
04-05-2002, 11:50 AM
heres another view

kilaueakid
04-05-2002, 11:54 AM
last pic. After some more testing another breach will be made and will have some milling on it to match the sfl style milling.

Load SM5
04-05-2002, 12:29 PM
And then you'll mail mine right out....:D

kilaueakid
04-05-2002, 01:59 PM
I will run it through some field tests this sunday. I don't want to be surprised. It seems shooting it in the backyard is always a bit different than on the field.

The next version may also have a powerfeed plug on the opposite side. Why you may ask....in the rare chance there is chop, the plug can be removed and a pull through squeegee can be used to clean out the breach. Is this an option people would like?

Load, do you have any mods done to your sfl right now? or is it the exact way you got it....besides the grips?

kila

2000Sabre
04-05-2002, 03:00 PM
Don't forget to put me down for one. My SFL has no mods and I think my paint breakage problem is partly due to the ball stack and 90 degree adapter. The breach looks really good and is one of the reasons I purchased the SFL to begin with. Can't wait to get one when they're ready.

Tunaman
04-05-2002, 03:09 PM
The powerfeed plug on the other side would be real cool. Just make it out of aluminum like the Eclipse plugs.

Load SM5
04-05-2002, 03:36 PM
Originally posted by kilaueakid

Load, do you have any mods done to your sfl right now? or is it the exact way you got it....besides the grips?

kila

No mods whatsoever. In all seriousness, if for any reason you need another tester I'd be happy to help. I have my own makeshift range with chrono behind my house.

spacemanspiff
04-05-2002, 04:06 PM
OOOHHH......sweet. Can't wait till there complete cause I want to put a warp on sfl. But don't like how it looks when you have to attach the hose on the vert feed.

As for putting a 2nd ball bent to help with balls backing out. As long as the warps running would it really make a diffference. Seeing how the warp forces the balls in to the breech the balls shouldn't be able to back out. But it can't hurt to put on in just in case.
Keep up the good work.

AngelBoy
04-05-2002, 05:00 PM
I'm not sure where the ACE is, but it sounds like it is on the side. If that is the case couldnt you just put it on the top or bottom?

thecavemankevin
04-05-2002, 05:09 PM

I think if you are using a Warp, an ACE system is not neccesary. Especially if you have a 12volt mod done to your warp.

12 volt mod? can you elaborate, or direct me to a thread?

Butterfingers
04-05-2002, 05:17 PM
www.robagd.com

Manuel_FZR
04-05-2002, 06:21 PM
The next version may also have a powerfeed plug on the opposite side. Why you may ask....in the rare chance there is chop, the plug can be removed and a pull through squeegee can be used to clean out the breach. Is this an option people would like?

kila

... I donīt know, how long it takes to remove the breach. So, if it is like the Angelīs one, itīs not necessary to include a PF-Plug, because it can be removed verry fast to clean the bolt ... also I think it will ruin the look of the marker - and if there are really few breaks (and that is what i expect from the Xtreme with ACE and Warp) the PF-Plug has no need.

Oregon_pb_
04-05-2002, 07:18 PM
Would it be possible to have the warp feed on the body a little bit higher than it currently sits? High enough to be out of range so ACE can't read the ball till it drops down into the breech. I'm thinking couple mm or so, but then again i have no clue how far the ACE system can read paint so i'm unsure if that would work.

Also a plug on the other side i think would be great, have it like a 1/4 turn lock, made out of aluminum. Flat with the body cept for a little nub big enough to turn to unlock easily enough.

FooTemps
04-05-2002, 07:35 PM
Is this tested with the agd ace?

liigod
04-05-2002, 09:01 PM
cleenest lookking warp ive ever seen

AllAmericanMag
04-06-2002, 08:05 AM
Wow, your gun Kicks ***!

kilaueakid
04-08-2002, 01:43 AM
Oregon PB,
You are exactly right and that is what I am trying to redesign now. Have the entry higher and actually go in straight from the side, and than put an angle off of that piece going down towards you hopper/warp feed.

In theroy this should work, and this may also solve the problem of a ball backing out of the breach, as there would be a little ledge there. Will know more later this week.

kila

Fred
04-08-2002, 08:54 AM
You machined that yourself?!?!

I think that in light of the possibility of breaks inside, it would be a good idea to be able to quickly clean out the breech, but I don't know how long it takes to actually remove the entire thing...
A plug might cause more problems, functionally, and aesthetically.
Doing the feed horizontal instead of on the angle might solve the problem of backing out, but I like the lower angle better... maybe that's just me.
Did you think of doing one of those Gated feeds like the IR3s have now???

dansim
04-08-2002, 10:38 AM
whered you get that dealie around your battery case?

thei3ug
04-08-2002, 11:23 AM
if you don't have a lot of room to put a detente, check out palmer's phoon detentes. they are a wire with a delrin ball on it. the ball goes in a hole through a tube, and the wire is shaped to wrap around it.

BTAutoMag
04-08-2002, 11:55 AM
i still like the look of that gun

DJSOLID
04-08-2002, 12:29 PM
I love second powerfeed plug idea, kilaueakid. Perfect.

FooTemps
04-08-2002, 01:05 PM
What kind of ACE are you using!?!?

BTAutoMag
04-08-2002, 02:32 PM
wow foo i thihk this is an official record. r u the first person to pass 1000 twice...

FooTemps
04-08-2002, 02:38 PM
SOMEONE ANSWER MY FRICKEN QUESTION!!! IS THIS TESTED WITH THE AGD ACE!?!?!?

bah... Forgot my question... Yes, it probably is a record since I'm the only person to have my post count permanently reset...

Johnny Bravo
04-08-2002, 03:38 PM
Calm down Foo,
No it was not tested with the ACE mainly because of the fact that the balls now roll over the ACE instead of falling on top, hence, the ACE sees the ball prematurely in the breech. So Kila just turned it off. Not like he needs it with a warp...

ah137
04-08-2002, 05:06 PM
I ended up turning the ACE off and not using it. To be honest, I think if you are using a Warp, an ACE system is not neccesary. Especially if you have a 12volt mod done to your warp.

Make sure you READ the whole post before you post!!!!!!!!!!!. This was in the first post by kila!!!!

It is better to be thought a fool than to open your mouth and remove all doubt.

aint_got_no_nubbinz
09-23-2002, 05:48 PM
i have a silver sfl emag and am looking for this mod for my gun. Could you make me one of those, i will be willing to give you a few $$ for it if necessary. I woould however like it to say SFL on it and also have the feed horizontal instead of angled. Anyway i hope you can make one of these for me soon.

kilaueakid
09-23-2002, 10:34 PM
sorry man, I just had 1 made for myself. You will be better off getting one directly from AGD or Shocktech when they become available.

kila

vf-xx
09-23-2002, 10:53 PM
Looks really nice. I don't have an sfl, but i'd like to get one later.

BTW: If you're going to mod the warp for 12v why not power it off the emag? I did that mod myself and i really like it. Also the way mine went in it's completely and easily removeable.

aint_got_no_nubbinz
09-24-2002, 03:52 PM
do you have any idea when they will become available? I have heard that shocktech is not making any more sfl emags so they probably wont be making any mods for it. This could just be rumor but if you have any info it would be very appreciated. Thanks

aint_got_no_nubbinz
09-26-2002, 11:58 PM
could i see pics of what the breech looks like, just the breach from different angles. I may have found a way to mill my own and i want to know what your breech looks like to help me out. If you can give the some pics that would be great.