PDA

View Full Version : Some challenging questions for you mag guys!

sygyzy
04-06-2002, 02:45 AM
Hi,

Thinking about getting a mag. Please help me with the following.

1. Do mags still use the star system for warranty work?

2. Will an intelliframe, RT Valve and Superbolt work with a Mini Mag?

3. Are there any upgrades that WON'T work with the Minimag?

4. Are there aftermarket/replacement rails for the minimag? Do I even need to specify minimag or are all rails the same size?

5. Do newer rails have holes to support the pump kit?

6. Who knows exactly what comes in the pump kit? List even the smallest part please.

Thanks!

DOWNWITHANGELS
04-06-2002, 03:13 AM
1. yes, but not with e-mags or rt valves
2. yes
3. please be more specific
4. i think there are
5. not sure
6. no idea

I have one for sale in the classifieds that might interest you. Its a minimag with intelliframe, rt valve, and other after market prducts as well. Check it out.

HoppysMag
04-06-2002, 06:34 AM
just to clairify what downwithangels said

1. yes, but not with e-mags or rt valves
He means the RT valve from an Automag RT not as in the Retro Vaulve wich will work on a 68/mini mag.

paintslinger
04-06-2002, 06:40 AM
Originally posted by sygyzy
Hi,

Thinking about getting a mag. Please help me with the following.

1. Do mags still use the star system for warranty work?

2. Will an intelliframe, RT Valve and Superbolt work with a Mini Mag?

3. Are there any upgrades that WON'T work with the Minimag?

4. Are there aftermarket/replacement rails for the minimag? Do I even need to specify minimag or are all rails the same size?

5. Do newer rails have holes to support the pump kit?

6. Who knows exactly what comes in the pump kit? List even the smallest part please.

Thanks!

3.not that i know of..but are there upgrades that dont make a performance difference? yes
4. yes check paintballgear they have benchmark colored body rails. all the rails are the same size only difference between a minimag and a classic is the mini has more stars, comes stock with vert adapter, has the lil 8inch barrel, and the difference body.
5. donno but i dont think they even make the pump kit anymore so good luck finding one.
6.:confused:

sygyzy
04-06-2002, 12:40 PM
Thanks for your help. The pump kit will not be an issue. I just have to make sure there are rails that have a hole to support it. Supposedly the bodies do, you just have to punch it out.

As for question #3, I literally meant are there upgrades that won't work. I don't mean are there any bad upgrades. I meant, in the literal sense, if there is a major upgrade that you cannot use on the mini. For instance the Intelliframe. But you guys answered my question. Seems most parts are interchangeable

RT Valve - What is the difference between the RT Valve and the retro valve? If I were to get a new valve, I'd have to get a retro for the mini right? Not the RT Valve?

RT Valve 2 - Is the ONLY purpose of the RT Valve is to have the reactive trigger and fire faster? I mean that's it? I am a bit amazed if this is true because it seems identical to the RT for the Model 98. Yet in the M98 world, the RT is just a fun upgrade. Over here, it's the very first thing you tell people to get. $300 dollar upgrade versus < $100. Is there anything else it does like increase efficiency? Decrease chopping? etc.

Thanks.

Kaiser Bob
04-06-2002, 01:46 PM
The retro valve provides you with a better consistancy and faster recharge rate over the AIR valve. The reactiveness is just a lovely side effect :). In essence its like buying a new turbocharged engine for your paintball gun.

BlackVCG
04-06-2002, 02:04 PM
The difference between the RT valve and Retro Valve is that the RT valve was designed to fit in the Automag RT only. The Retro Valve is the same valve in terms of function, but it's made to fit regular Mags.

The Retro Valve gives you have valve with no shootdown up to 26cps and a reactive trigger. The trigger is also lighter than the stock AIR valve trigger pull. Keep in mind you're paying for the entire valve when you get the Retro Valve. It's $200 with trade in, but it can't be any cheaper than that because it costs so much to machine. The Tippmann RT kit is just some fittings, hose and a pneumatic cylinder. While it provides the same effect, it's not tournament legal and doesn't increase the recharge rate of 98's valve.

Pump kits no longer exist if you want one, you'll have to find someone that has one. Newer mainbodies do not have the pump rod slot and it would require machining to open up the slot for the pump rod. Not something as simple as knocking out an insert to open it up for the pump rod. Newer rails don't have the pump rod slot. Pump kits are just a novelty. They generally cause ball breakage, which is why they were discontinued. There is a diagram of the pump kit on www.airgun.com with all the other blow-up diagrams.

sygyzy
04-07-2002, 01:13 PM
Thanks, now can anyone tell me what frame this is??!?

HoppysMag
04-07-2002, 04:17 PM
well with the built in drop id say its a Power Lyte GripStyx. but im not sure

FordPrefect
04-07-2002, 05:15 PM
I don't think that that frame is a PowerLyte, because the mini-drop looks different then the PowerLyte.

sygyzy
04-07-2002, 05:16 PM
Then what is this mystery frame?

Cristobal
04-07-2002, 05:30 PM
Pump Kits:

you can find info on the pump kit here (http://airsoldier.com/~haveblue/tech/automag/index.html) and more pictures here (http://pittsburgh-music.com/paintball/pumpmag/index.html). In order for the pump kit to work you will need a rail that has the slot for the pump arm and a body with an enlarged sear slot.

sygyzy
04-07-2002, 05:34 PM
Thanks, already found those two pages prior. I appreciate your help.

I am going to be working on my mag project soon so would anyone here mind helping me out? I usually just have some random questions and could use a mag "mentor" of sorts. Contact me on AIM: FizzleMan if possible. That way I can just IM you if i have a question. I'd really appreciate it!

Smokee_2_7
04-07-2002, 08:35 PM
As far as the mystery frame is concerned. . . . . I think it may be a diamond labs frame. If i remember they had the funky drop bottom. I also think that they are no longer made.

BlackVCG
04-07-2002, 08:42 PM
That is a Diamond Labs frame.

sygyzy
04-07-2002, 09:20 PM
Excellent, I'll put it up for sale after I get my intelliframe.