PDA

View Full Version : Need technical info

Hellaspaint
04-06-2002, 01:44 PM
Hello gyus
Do we have to put some Loctite (if yes wich type?) on regulators threads? For example on a Pure Energy 4,5K for a 88ci 4,5K bottle or other.
Thank you a lot.
Nick from Greece.

than205
04-06-2002, 06:04 PM
There must be a dive shop near you. I would talk to the them for suggestions. Just a thought.

Predater
04-06-2002, 06:10 PM
Originally posted by than205
There must be a dive shop near you. I would talk to the them for suggestions. Just a thought.

best idea that could have ben stated.

Hellaspaint
04-07-2002, 11:50 AM
Thank you gyus, but i think there are people in that forum that know better than the stuff in dive shops.
The regulators on your bottles are with Loctite or you can unscrew them easily by hand?

muleskinner
04-07-2002, 01:14 PM
I use the blue removable loc-tite. It keeps it from working lose but you can still remove it if necessary.

than205
04-07-2002, 08:20 PM
Actually a paintball compressed air tank could easily be compared to a dive tank. I often fill my tank from my friends dive tanks.
Merely, saying the "blue" loctite, I would not feel comfortable with. There so many types and grades of "loctite". Where as a dive shop deals with compressed tanks as you know regularly. And they can say the exact product number of Loctite, and perhaps have some on hand. Better yet they may be able to suggest a competing manufacturers equivelent. (this may get you better price or availability) I can't right now remember any alternative manufacturers for you. It's been a couple of years since I did any design work with piping and thread sealents. Like I said a dive shop deals with this stuff daily.
Again, just a suggestion.

Xzion
04-07-2002, 09:51 PM
just adding some info. I know AGD torques their flatline regs onto the tanks.

Hellaspaint
04-08-2002, 04:08 AM
ok guys, thank you.
i find from Loctite's technical sheets some products that they are ok with compressed air to up 690bar and they are sealants and medium retainer.
The product with code 542 is ok for small diameter threads
and the 577 is ok for bigger diameters up to 2".
Of course the idea is to easily unscrew it to change it or else.
Thank you again.