PDA

View Full Version : hey all you phantom owners you ever had....

dansim
04-06-2002, 02:58 PM
a problem with the steel hardline leaking? mine always does it just doesnt seem to seat it self it did it when it was brand new and still does it now(3 months later :) )i mean if i fiddle with it it stops or slows down enough but it really irks me maybe ill trad it for some micro line......on another note is there anything more perfect than a phantom? besides two phantoms and a mag? i love theese things they just plain rock

zads27
04-06-2002, 03:28 PM
Hm you can try some teflon tape around the ends of the hardline.. works great for me.

M-a-s-sDriver
04-06-2002, 05:56 PM
Just put a little mag oil in the fittings before putting it back together...the leaking will stop immediatly.
Brent Jackson, PFB.

Fred
04-06-2002, 07:11 PM
The Ever-present Leaky Hardlines...

This has been the most annoying (read: most frequent) topic posted on the Phantom Owners Group... http://network54.com/Hide/Forum/165995

There are several solutions:

1: Replace with microline
2: Replace with SS hose
3: Add a second oring to each fitting: YES TWO ORINGS in each fitting
4: Put some tape around the ends of the hardline

Also, Don't take it apart unless you really have to, since it isn't designed to be taken apart that often.
Hans at Siegecraft Paintball has a new oring (different material) that works a lot better in the hardline fittings.

( siegecraft-paintball.com )

Rumors abound that Mike Casady (our beloved creator of the Phantom) at CCI has tracked down some different fittings designed for the hardline, that will also fix the problem, but I'm not sure what is happening with them.

magsRus
04-06-2002, 09:49 PM
two phantoms a mag and an IMPULSE