PDA

View Full Version : Mag problems, it's everything!

Grim
04-06-2002, 03:07 PM
I have had my classic mag for about six months with no problems. Now I have one that the video does not address fully. It first started by shooting hot and then bleeding air out the front. After I pulled the trigger, hot, it would take about 3 secs and then would bleed, like it was building up pressure. I took it apart and checked everything. I put it together and all was fine, so I thought. I was cleaning it for a game the next day and when I took it apart the on/off valve popped out, as if air was behind it. I then oiled all the spots and put it togehter and put air to it, there was a leak out the front and shooting hot. I checked the trigger and got the sprinkler effect. I changed the on/off seals, and gases it back up. Small leake still, held the trigger no leak, so I replaced the power tube seal. Gased it back up and still small leak, all this time shooting hot. I then replaced the regulator front seal and cleaned the piston, and changed the seal there too. After all this I am still shooting hot and leaking out the barrel. I believe it is blowing my on/off seals, replaced them three times and power tube twice. I am using a 32 degree parts kit. I also get pressure on the trigger(not gas), as if stuck a little when I take it apart. Anyone ever see this before . I am lost now. Several thing to mention are that I have a soild piece in the power tube instead of a spring, video shows spring. I also don't have the cross notch on the brass piece in the on/off assembly, video again. I have used it consistantly this way for six months no problems, now I have problems big time. p|ease help. What is blowing my seals and making everything leak?

drx975
04-06-2002, 04:14 PM
Now this is just a guess, but try taking apart the gun and finding that little brass on/off top in the on/off assembly. CaReFulLy take it out and FLIP it over, and put the entire gun back together. If this doesnt solve ANYTHING, then send your gun to AirGunDesigns right away cause they will fix it. It may cost you, (if it hasnt already) and yet it may not be that much $$$. If you have a star on your valve it shouldnt cost you anything except shipping, I think. I read the warranty once but i cant remember real well because i take really good care of my gun.

EDIT: now that I just re-read your problem, it also seems like you could have bent the on/off pin. But that seems really hard to do.

Predater
04-06-2002, 04:22 PM
are you using co2 or hpa. co2 could blow orings when you freeze the gun up.

Grim
04-06-2002, 05:00 PM
Thanks for your thoughts. To answer the question above I am using compressecd air. I only have one star, I'm trying everything before I burn it. I will try the flip suggestion and check the pin. But what is causing it to shoot hot?

Tunaman
04-06-2002, 05:31 PM
32 degrees parts kits are total junk! The orings are sub-standard, and are not good to use. Get an AGD parts kit and try it again.

Grim
04-06-2002, 05:47 PM
I was wondering how good they were. I am going to get a new parts kit this Monday. I hope it works. Any other ideas?

xatle
04-06-2002, 06:44 PM
after you put in your new set of agd parts you need to oil the hell out of it, i havent replaced an o ring in my mag for 4 years, the few times it has sprung a leak i just drop way too much oil in the stainless braid hose an dry fire it without the barrel about 20 times to blow out the excess, no more problem.

drx975
04-06-2002, 10:12 PM
Grim, the flip suggestion I had was to correct the gun from shooting hot. However, if you are shooting hot every shot, it is likely that this is a different problem. When I got on the field one time my gun shot hot, then real low just splurting out the paintball, then hot again (close to 375-400fps). If flipping the brass on/off top does not fix it, make sure you take the gun apart and re-flip it back to the original way.

Always buy AGD parts if you are replacing or upgrading parts for your gun.

Grim
04-06-2002, 11:25 PM
That is one of the problem, it shoots hot then sputters the next couple of shots. If let it sit for about 4 secs it's hot again. The brass thing in the on/of valve looks the same either way you flip it, mine does not have the groves on one side. I will diffenantly try this though. Thanks

dave_p
04-07-2002, 01:33 PM
i tend to agree with the guy who says get an agd parts kit., also check for dirt in the reg seat area.

athomas
04-08-2002, 07:24 AM
It sounds like you have a new style on/off top. It shouldn't matter which is up or down. They don't have the cross cut.

The problem of shooting hot may be dirt in the regulator in the back, or possibly dirt caught in the regulator valve pin and spring assembly.

Plus, like everyone else said, if in doubt get an AGD parts kit.

xatle
04-08-2002, 11:33 AM
sounds like your reg seat 0ring is leaking, either because the pin is dirty/damaged or the 0ring is damaged or out of tolerance.

Smokee_2_7
04-08-2002, 12:05 PM
the gradual build up of pressure resulting in leaking out the back, and one realllllly hot shot (when the gun sits for a few seconds.) is a bad reg. seat. Thats a signature symptom. . . . the seat is not sealing off properly, and is slowly leaking more air. when the pressure gets too high, it starts to blow off through the back of the reg.

Just because you put a brand new reg seat into the reg dosent mean it's a good one. I replaced mine saturday, and the first one caused the same problem. Second one was good to go.

here, this thread will give you some other tips on the infamous reg. seat.

http://www.automags.org/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=7291

anthraxxx
04-08-2002, 01:19 PM
Grim I can give you first hand experience on the virtues of AGD parts and the crappiness of 32 degrees. I am only able to find 32 D part kits in Toronto, where I live. I was having problems with the reg seat going out on me after a few hours play. But how can something as simple as a plastic washer be that different be it 32 D or AGD right? I bought an AGD part kit from the online store while i was buying a new body, thought what the heck I was spending money anyways. Replaced the orings and reg seat with AGD parts kit and the marker has been working like a dream since. After I bought my marker used and replaced the orings in it with 32D parts I was messing with the thing for a half an hour before the first game of the day and then I was getting crappy shot consistentcy all day. After the AGD parts kit everything worked itself out. I gas up and am good to go each day that I play. Get the parts kit, it makes a hell of a difference!

Grim
04-08-2002, 07:30 PM
I took you guys and gals advice and got a Automag seal kit. It worked beautifully, no leaks. I am going out tomorrow to chrono to make sure my fps's are consistant. Thanks for all the help. This is a true testament to how good a quality automag parts are. Lessoned learned.

xatle
04-09-2002, 03:04 AM
you might check this thread for more on regulater care, some good info that i wasn't aware of (the 4 other people i know that have mags didnt know eitherso i don't feel so bad).
http://www.automags.org/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=7291