PDA

View Full Version : HeLp how do i drian air outta my valve w/ a flatline tank

SHOCKER1050
04-06-2002, 05:05 PM
hey,
i have a problem. i use a flatline tank, and it is hooked up to my rt valve. but, when i turn the on/off valve to off, and fire the last of the air, there is still pressure. eenough pressure to fire my on/off pin at my neck(it hurt like hell) when i slid off the r/t valve. how do i drain all the air outta my valve before i can take it apart. its not like i can just unscrew a flatline tank.
thnx
john

virus
04-06-2002, 06:14 PM
ditch the micro/marco line and go with steelbraided and a quick disconnect...

i have the same problem..... all i do is, like you fire till it dont no more, then i undo the q/d and the xtra air goes out that way... its not much air even at that, though pressurized is not enough to make the line to go flailin about... just make sure to have a good grip...

it can be down with the micro/marco but is a pain and you'll end up having to clip the line ends more often....

SHOCKER1050
04-06-2002, 06:26 PM
ya but i like macro, and my other valves are macro, so i can interchange them. so there is no way to get the pressure outta a macro line w/e having to go steelbraided/?

virus
04-06-2002, 06:44 PM
like i said it can be done with the macro... it just get to be more of a giant pain in the arse... esp with the push in, hold, then pull line.... and when the line gets to used its time to break out the clippers and cut a piece off... or going with a new piece all together...

also switchin over to a q/d doen't cost all that much and run cheaper then macro in the long run....

also the proconnect bit does work great also... but for some (like me) seeing the price they go for... i would rather stay with the q/ds