PDA

View Full Version : Paintball: Too Expensive

PFAutomag33
04-06-2002, 05:29 PM
I was just wondering why paintball is so expensive. I mean it costs an arm and a leg to buy a case of paint (for me anyway...I'm only 16). I have a job, but still paintball is way too expensive. More people would play more often, and new people would play if it was a little cheaper. I have noticed prices have gone down a little, but not enough. Who agrees with me?

ProjectMag
04-06-2002, 05:34 PM
It's expensive yet so addicting.

Predater
04-06-2002, 05:44 PM
look at how much it costs to make paint and stuff and it isnt that bad. we just like to use high end stuff.:D

PFAutomag33
04-06-2002, 05:48 PM
Does it really cost $50 to make 2000 rounds of paint? I guess that is a lot of rounds, but I don't know if it costs that much.

Predater
04-06-2002, 05:55 PM
actuallu it costs 5-10 to make. then sold to distributer for 20 then sold to store for 30 then you pay 50 or even more for the expensive stuff.

its the same with guns and equipment.

zbody
04-06-2002, 05:55 PM
Prices will continue to go down as more people get involved in the sport. But it's just like any of the "extreme sports." Have you priced snowboards, climbing gear, kayaks, surf boards, mountain bikes, etc. lately? None of their quality products are cheap. Neither are all of the accesories that you need to participate in them. I shoot about 600 rounds of .45 through my Colt Series 70 every week and its not cheap. But because I love doing so the money spent is worth it. You just have to decide if the benefits equal or exceed the costs.

sifu01
04-06-2002, 05:57 PM
I think the markers and equipment are way on the expensive side. These cost alot more that real firearms. I think a marker over $500.00 better be top notch and full of features. But that is not the case. YOu need to spend twice that to get high quality. Sure is frustrating.

Predater
04-06-2002, 06:03 PM
ive got a pair of quad rink roller skates that cost 950 bux. they are top of the line but the price is nuts. ive also got a pair of 800 dollar street agressive skates for grinding. they look like crap but are top of the line.

with the guns you have to look at the r&d that went in to it not just the cost of parts. real guns are cheeper cuz most of the designs have ben around a while.

2UnREal
04-06-2002, 06:06 PM
Yes but if you could get a Matrix or something that doesn't have those features for cheap, you'll see a whole bunch of little kids with them. Do you want to have the same gun little kids have? I don't, that's why I spend the extra money, so I will have a unique gun that not every Joe Schmoe has.

zbody
04-06-2002, 06:58 PM
Originally posted by sifu01
I think the markers and equipment are way on the expensive side. These cost alot more that real firearms.

Paintball markers run a little on the cheap side compared to real firearms. Handgun pricing is pretty comparable for example a stock 1911 or one of its clones would run you $350-500 while the stock autococker/mag would put you in the same range. And you can buy highly customized 1911s and raceguns equal or greater than the price of any of the angels. Of course rifles are more expensive than markers. I would gladly trade my '99 cocker for a H&K53 carbine or a HK PSG1.

PFAutomag33
04-06-2002, 07:51 PM
You just have to decide if the benefits equal or exceed the costs.

I know I am going to keep playing but I would like to see prices go down so i can save some cash. Paintball is way too much fun to quit :D

theraidenproject
04-06-2002, 10:09 PM
i think you get what you pay for. that difference from internet prices vs. field paint is what pays for refs, field maintance, facilities, etc. i know i can go to fields that have cheaper paint, but they are not as nice. that said, i still wish paint was cheaper at the fields i go to.

than205
04-06-2002, 10:22 PM
shoot less paint...

play renegade (with permission, on private property)...

otherwise, it is what it is.

InfinatyBPS
04-06-2002, 10:52 PM
I agree that paintball is way too expensive, I am lucky if I can play once a month. This is what I have to pay:

Paint-$60 for a case(big ball, cheapest stuff my local store has)
Admission-$30
Air-$15

I don't know about you but $105 a month to play paintball once is kinda alot even if u don't buy alot of paint, my local store the cheapest 1000 round case is $35 so even $80 a month still is alot to play once. So I usualy only get to play once every other month.

pumpamatic
04-06-2002, 11:36 PM
Let's see, what I will spend tomorrow:
Paint- 50 bux, Big Ball
Field Fee- 12 bux
Air- 3 per fill

Bartleby
04-06-2002, 11:49 PM
actually i've heard from a few well-credited people that the paintball industry has lost money upon introducing the sport to the general public. bare with me because i don't know how much of this is true or not, it's all word of mouth:

the military is the true reason for paintball's existence. i'm sure you all can imagine the training programs and excersises that paintball is used in. but the government is really the largest purchaser of paintball equipment. when the industry decided to attempt to open the "sport" to the general public, the industry as a whole began to lose money and thus the prices need to be increased just to make ends meet.

if you'll notice, AGD for instance didn't start out with paintball, and when they finally began to produce paintball equipment it was for simulation excersises for the military and police.

Croix71
04-07-2002, 12:07 AM
For the past 10 years paintball has remained an expensive hobby. High end markers have gotten more expensive and but paint has gone down in price. :D

Can anyone here who played stock in the 80's state how much it cost to play back then? Paint was probably expensive but how much did it cost to use all those 12 gram cartridges?

than205
04-07-2002, 12:36 AM
http://www.pcri.net/history.htm

I could not disagree more.
The first official "game" was played by those 12 souls in southern New Hampshire. They played recreationally.
While in fact the police and some others may train with paintballs. The origins are rooted in non-military fun.
I do not believe the government is the largest purchaser of paintball equipment for same reasons as this thread. The military would not have thousands of troops in daily execises consuming paintballs and whatnot. When they allready have investments in real firearms and electronic attachments for simulations. Why buy a paintball when you can recharge a battery?
The industry has been always rooted in a somewhat garage/shop enviroment. It has grown to the multi-million dollar market that it is in the last ten years and things have become more professional.
I believe that Predater hit it on the head, there is a substantial markup on paint. Not that there isn't on everything in our world. But also, the price for paint has gone down over the years. Meanwhile, field fees are going up. Likely insurance, more professional fields and accomdating any variety of things have driven this. The days of a rec field consisting of a co2 cylinder and few acres of land has gone.
The way I understand it is that AGD did start out in paintball. AGD ventured into the military/security biz to diversify a bit. There are to many ground breaking accomplishments to not recognize AGD as one of the many forefathers of paintball.
If someone is telling you that the industry is losing money on paintball, then why are pro teams getting cars and other high dollar stuff as prizes. Why are there so many magazines for a losing proposition? Why is there a new paintball being released every few weeks? Please. There is money being made here.

If you don't like it, I go back to my original post.
Shoot less paint. Or perhaps it should be waste less paint.

Bartleby
04-07-2002, 01:03 AM
first off, Tom stated that he did NOT start in the paintball industry, rather, his company began with firearms. that's not to say that AGD was not a major determining factor in the course that the industry would take, just that they did not produce paintball products from the getgo. and second, how do you know that the paintball industry is making money? you know just as well that it is making money as i am told it is not. there is not hard evidence of either unless Tom Kaye himself shows up on this thread and discloses the over so documented information. As for the magazines, they mean absolutely nothing. "please" there is a magazine for everything. and jsut to affirm my point that the industry may be losing money, i do know that Brass Eagle has lost money upon its construction of the new Challenge Park. Paint needs to be expensive in order to cover the costs of everything else and just because there are advances in the sport being made all the time, doesn't have anything to do with funds.

Snooky
04-07-2002, 01:05 AM
only price i cant handle is the field paint. i mean 100 bux for 2000 paintballs? you say this is for refs and expenses but most of the fields i goto that have field paint can't compare to the field i goto that is byop. that field is apocalypse paintball and is best field in existence im aware of.

Bartleby
04-07-2002, 01:19 AM
actually snooky, i have been meaning to try out apocalypse, i heard it's great. but to account for the loss of income on the field paint, what's the field charge?

nastymag
04-07-2002, 02:45 AM
buy bolk fool.
around here.
75 dollers frequent player pass ( last one month )
includes
discont on paint.
free entrence ( open four days a week)
free air fills.

then spend 120 bucks on three cases of paint. and your set

by the way im 16 too.

Kaiser Bob
04-07-2002, 03:24 AM
First, not to flame, but learn to spell before you call anyone a fool. Second, its not like every field has a program like that. Anyway, as far as paint goes price has gone down quite a bit, while the consistancy has gotten a great deal better. And for many fields, there are lots of expenses to deal with like compressors and/or boosters which can be tens of thousands a pop, rentals and their maintenance, insurance (a big one) and the required upkeep of the fields. So, as was said before the prices are what they are. I cant afford to play as much as I'd like either, but hey what can ya do? ;)

nastymag
04-07-2002, 03:42 AM
lol .. my bad.

lets just say im not to well learned in the way of grammer ... grew up on slang.

but if you really want to save money, buy off predator paintball. the got this deal goin, two cases of team colors and one of blaze for only 99 bucks. thats not bad at all.

play pirate ball.. though be sure to get a chrony before because you wanna make sure you dont blast some ones eye out.

lay low on the upgrades ... more playing time is more skill. more upgrades wont get you that.

just helping
nasty

laterz f**l

Restola
04-07-2002, 06:30 AM
i dont feel any sympathy for someone who shoots a case a day and complains about cost. the only time i ever shot a case of paint was the first time i played with my emag. even then i brought 300 balls home at the end of the day and shot them.

try hopper ball. or go on the field with your hopper and 1 tube.

or play stock class.

irbodden
04-07-2002, 07:13 AM
Originally posted by zbody
Prices will continue to go down as more people get involved in the sport. But it's just like any of the "extreme sports." Have you priced snowboards, climbing gear, kayaks, surf boards, mountain bikes, etc. lately?

A very nice mountain bike can be had for about $1000 or less. (I really like my friends new Trek that only costed him $700) After that- biking is basically free. All you need is a state park permit, $10, that lets you ride in all state parks in that state. If your under 18 you dont even need it. If you go biking at ski resorts its usually like $5 a day.

Surfing is much cheaper, as is kayaking. The fact remains paintball costs alot of money even compared to other "extreme" sports. :(

irbodden
04-07-2002, 07:19 AM
Originally posted by Predater
ive also got a pair of 800 dollar street agressive skates for grinding.

No need for lies, not ONE pair of aggressive skates cost more than $350. You could buy the Remedyz frame and boot, put ALL of the best parts on it and it wouldn't cost more than $500. ;)

BTW- I have aggro skated for about 5 years now.

shartley
04-07-2002, 07:56 AM
People who complain about the price of Paintball need to remember ONE simple fact.. YOU chose the sport. And you can even add to that the additional fact that YOU choose to either participate or not on a regular basis.

Complaining about tank fills, balls, field fees, etc. just seems silly to me. It is like someone buying an SUV and then wanting to complain that the operating costs for it (gas) is just too high. The owners of SUVs and Pickups know full well about the costs involved in owning them... As do paintball players and the costs associated with playing the sport.

When you enter into an activity you should do adequate research to determine if you can “afford” it or not. Think paintball is high? How about LIFE? Most of the people I see complaining the loudest about paintball prices tend to be those who also have no other “bills” in life. They are young folks who still live with Mom and Dad, have no job, or part time at best, and thus have little to no income. However, they also have no real “life” expenses either.

This is not meant as a flame, but as a comparison to the “costs” of things. To some people the cost of playing paintball is well worth it to escape the daily grind of life and the stresses it produces (and sorry, you think school is stressful?…. you have NO idea about stress, sorry). The cost of paint, fills, field fees, etc. is gladly paid by some to simply get out with friends and “ripp” away… leaving the world behind for even a short period of time.

Now, I can easily list other pass-times that also cost a pretty penny. Many people have hobbies that drain their funds as much if not more than paintball does. It is all about personal choice and what makes them happy. And if the monetary price is too much, they often find less expensive hobbies or activities…. Not a big deal. But most of us don’t sit around and complain about the decisions WE ourselves made in regards to our chosen activities… to do so is just silly.

Heck, when I was younger, I used to easily drop $100+ a night (LOW estimate) on “entertainment” every Wednesday, Friday, and Saturday evening. That would make about $1,200+ each and every month (again LOW figures) on what? A good time? And what did I have to show for it? (I still sit and shake my head at the amount of money GONE… LOL)

Sure I could have sat back and complained that the price of drinks was too high, club cover-charges were too high, etc. but it was a choice I made. The same is true with Paintball. It is Entertainment, and a way to pass a given period of time. It is a way to socialize and escape the problems of life in a setting of OUR choosing.

Absolutely, it would be nice if the costs associated with that decision were lower, but they are not. Over time they ARE lowering, and will continue to do so, but as it stands NOW, they are as they are. And each person must make the determination for themselves if it is worth it to continue participating in the sport… plain and simple. And sitting around complaining about the prices is only sitting around complaining… LOL

I can understand and even sympathize for those who may have a hard time paying the costs associated with paintball, but that goes with the sport. However, as stated before, if you can not afford the activity, don’t do it. Life goes on. There are many things in life I would like to do, but can’t afford (too many kids.. LOL) at this time…. I have to prioritize and even put off what I would like to do, get, or go to. But I don’t sit and complain about it… because that just does not change anything. ;)

Nitroduck
04-07-2002, 10:05 AM
Paintball isnt expensive.

Nice pumpgun with trimmings, and everything = $200

Paint = $5/100rds.......

If you think PB is too expensive, shoot less, or use a cheaper gun......Then it wont be as expensive. There are other things that cost ALOT more like guitar....You can spend as little as $30 for a gun in PB....and still have fun, if you wanna be whiney about a case of paint, shoot less! Thats what I have to do.

Nitroduck
04-07-2002, 10:10 AM
ive got a pair of quad rink roller skates that cost 950 bux. they are top of the line but the price is nuts. ive also got a pair of 800 dollar street agressive skates for grinding. they look like crap but are top of the line.

with the guns you have to look at the r&d that went in to it not just the cost of parts. real guns are cheeper cuz most of the designs have ben around a while.

Not true.....The reason real guns are cheaper is due to MASS PRODUCTION. When you make more of a certain good, you open up cheaper deals on the parts that are needed to make it like aluminum, cast aluminum, steel, plastic, wood, ect as well as other costs per gun.

People need to remember, you can't whine about paintball when everything in life is like that, you know good and well a $50000 BMW has about the same ammount of aluminum, steel, ect a $10,000 Kia......Its all about our capitalist economy, we like making money, you do too.

iisp0tii
04-07-2002, 10:45 AM
you have to know that paintballs went down in cost ALOT since the 80's. back then it was like $1 a round. now go back to the 80's & spend $2000 on a case of paint, then its very very expensive. but that was when paintball first started, for cattle marking. paintballs will possibly go down by demand and competition though. just wait acouple years then paintballs will be like $30 for a case.

Nitroduck
04-07-2002, 10:59 AM
If you look hard you can get paint for $30 a case.

irbodden
04-07-2002, 11:04 AM
Originally posted by Nitroduck
There are other things that cost ALOT more like guitar....do.

How does guitar cost more?

You can get a Fender Strat with practice amp for like $150, and thats all you EVER have to pay.

iisp0tii
04-07-2002, 11:16 AM
yea, but thats the carp B.E. paint. try finding pmi for $30. you cant, just wait acouple years & you will.

sifu01
04-07-2002, 11:24 AM
I think that the people who play and think the sport is too expensive have that right to complain. We all live in different areas and make different amounts of money. Paintball is not my life. I enjoy Martial Arts (which is mostly free) and guitar. Yes, I only play paintball about once a month. But when I do go, I make sure I have budgeted for it because I have new car,new home,kids and other bills. One of the other posts said to not waste money on upgrades,I agree there also.I do agree that a lot of people waste paint when I play ( they love to just shoot at bunkers and not opposing players). I guess that's another way of trying to lower the costs.

PFAutomag33
04-07-2002, 11:56 AM
i dont feel any sympathy for someone who shoots a case a day and complains about cost

I don't even use that many paintballs and it still is too much money. Not just paintballs, but everything else. I called a local store for some replacement parts. They wanted ten bucks for some barrel o-rings, and thirty for a parts kit for a mag. At least we have the internet!

But does it seem fair that only the people with good money can participate in tournaments, or play paintball whenever they want because money isn't and issue? Shartley, I know how much "bills" cost because I have seen lots of people struggle through paying them.

YOU chose the sport

I don't know, it seems like the sport chooses who plays and who sits out.

shartley
04-07-2002, 12:46 PM
But does it seem fair that only the people with good money can participate in tournaments, or play paintball whenever they want because money isn't and issue?
LOL Forgive me for saying this, but…. Life is not fair. I just thought that statement was funny. I can list HUNDREDS of activities that “should” allow anyone to do them even if they don’t have the money, but DON’T. Money IS an issue with most things. Welcome to the real world.

How about this? Think I can just take my family of 6 out to eat dinner whenever I want, or go to amusement parks, or the movies? It takes planning and budgeting with a family my size (heck even with smaller families). Is this fair? I should be able to do the things that I want any time I want to, right? Now please hold on for one second while I wipe the tear of sorrow from my eye for those poor individuals that can’t participate in a paintball tournament or play paintball whenever they want, because money IS an issue.

Are they EATING? Do they have a place to LIVE? Get my point? Crying about “entertainment” looks rather silly, at least to me….

Shartley, I know how much "bills" cost because I have seen lots of people struggle through paying them.
Again.. WONDERFUL statement! LOL Sorry, you just strike me as a funny person. ;) I too have seen people struggled through paying bills, and I have been ONE of them. But I can assure you that when a “bill” needs paying, any “entertainment” gets put on hold. It is called being responsible and setting your priorities.

I would also like to point out that “seeing” people struggle through paying bills, and YOU doing so are totally different… even if the people you saw were you parents. But that is another issue all together different.

I guess what I am trying to say in all this, is that to on one hand say the first statement, and then follow it up with the second, is the height of denial (to say the least). How so? Well, how can you on one hand talk about how “unfair” it is that people can’t play a GAME because of money, but then mention that you have seen people struggle paying bills? I would think that someone who has seen “lots” (as you put it) of people struggling to pay bills would comment on how unfair THAT was (struggling to pay bills), NOT about a game. LOL

But then again, you reply to my saying that YOU chose the sport by saying the following:

I don't know, it seems like the sport chooses who plays and who sits out.
LOL Again forgive me for finding this funny.

You are SO correct, the “sport” pulls people from their homes, and either puts them in a game, or makes them sit out. After all it has NOTHING to do with YOUR decision to buy or rent a marker and other equipment. It has NOTHING to do with YOUR decision to go to the place where people are playing. It has NOTHING to do with YOUR actual abilities or lack of them. LOL How could I be SO wrong? ;) (Note: Yes, that was sarcasm. But good natured sarcasm.)

I think something you stated in your first post summed it all up rather well…

(for me anyway...I'm only 16).
This is NOT an insult. Lack of age, or pointing out that fact is NEVER an insult… no more than telling someone who is tall that they are tall is. But I can assure you that with more age, you will gain a bit more insight into things, and hopefully you will better understand what some of us are trying to tell you.

(Note: My comments are not meant to be condescending in any way. If they were…. you get my point. ;))

Nitroduck
04-07-2002, 01:17 PM
Originally posted by irbodden

How does guitar cost more?

You can get a Fender Strat with practice amp for like $150, and thats all you EVER have to pay.

Actual Fender Strats (American made) are $800.

They make ripoffs that cost $200ish, but are made in Mexico and aren't quite good quality. What kind of setups Im reffering to for guitars are the kinds of music you'd actually hear on the raido, not messing around in your house. Heres what a setup would look like for a gig at some club....Lets say you wanted to play JUST rock, nothing else...

Gibson Les Paul Stuido - $1200
Wireless Setup - $250
Marshall Doublestack - $1500+

Thats $3000 right there......And thats JUST ONE tone....And non a professional setup, that can run into the tens of thousands of dollars for the mixers, recording time at studios, and all the speakers for preformances.

You also have guitar lessons if you feel like learning..More money, more money more money.

You'd have to buy chorus pedals, ect to get other types of non-marshall tone.

And you'd still have to keep buying strings, picks, cleaner, and pay a guitar tech to mess with it every year to make sure you dont mortally screw it up......So just think, you can get wayyyyyyyyyyy more carried away with Guitar than you can PB....I have pretty much everything I'd ever want or need in PB, a main gun and a backup gun both very very nice for tourneys, and top of the line everything.....I could pick up one hand-built guitar, and it'd cost more than everything I have invested in PB right now.

Then you have people who buy really expensive cars and soup em up even more..So you should be glad your playing paintball.....As for me? I spend about $10 every time I play, maybe a lil more if I feel like shooting alot.

irbodden
04-07-2002, 02:19 PM
Originally posted by Nitroduck

Actual Fender Strats (American made) are $800.

They make ripoffs that cost $200ish, but are made in Mexico and aren't quite good quality. What kind of setups Im reffering to for guitars are the kinds of music you'd actually hear on the raido, not messing around in your house. Heres what a setup would look like for a gig at some club....Lets say you wanted to play JUST rock, nothing else...

Gibson Les Paul Stuido - $1200
Wireless Setup - $250
Marshall Doublestack - $1500+

Thats $3000 right there......And thats JUST ONE tone....And non a professional setup, that can run into the tens of thousands of dollars for the mixers, recording time at studios, and all the speakers for preformances.

You also have guitar lessons if you feel like learning..More money, more money more money.

You'd have to buy chorus pedals, ect to get other types of non-marshall tone.

And you'd still have to keep buying strings, picks, cleaner, and pay a guitar tech to mess with it every year to make sure you dont mortally screw it up......So just think, you can get wayyyyyyyyyyy more carried away with Guitar than you can PB....I have pretty much everything I'd ever want or need in PB, a main gun and a backup gun both very very nice for tourneys, and top of the line everything.....I could pick up one hand-built guitar, and it'd cost more than everything I have invested in PB right now.

Then you have people who buy really expensive cars and soup em up even more..So you should be glad your playing paintball.....As for me? I spend about $10 every time I play, maybe a lil more if I feel like shooting alot.

ROFL you make NO point here.

If you play proffesional guitar YOU GET PAID. Do you get paid to play rec. paintball? Nope.

Fender Strat Jampack, $230. And thats all you need, to enjoy guitar playing.

LaW
04-07-2002, 02:43 PM

There is no way you have an 800 dollar street skates :) I have done aggro skating for over 6 years :) the most i've paid for those was a little over 300 for some usd's.... haha funny I do have some quad's that I spend about what you did on... the boots alone were really expensive not to mention wheels are not that cheap... oh well you know how it is

sorry had to call you on that one....

As for paint prices I remember playing at a field once where the paint cost 115 and now at that same field it's 80... that's just one sign of a large price decrease.

than205
04-07-2002, 08:52 PM
irbodden,
nitroduck did make a very good point with his/your analogy.
I too have played guitar for years, the strat you are talking about is a cheap copy.
Let me try another analogy on you. You want to play paintball. You can do it just fine with a Talon, right?
That's how the foreign made strat stacks up. Besides, the Les Paul is the way to go anyway.
note: I play a cheesie Les Paul copy, but it has nice action and a sweet sound. So, maybe I should play with a Talon? ;)

PFAutomag33
04-08-2002, 01:40 PM
Crying about “entertainment” looks rather silly, at least to me…

Alright, the point I am trying to make is that paintball is expensive. Period. Sure, a lot of other sports are expensive like snowboarding, or hockey, or golf. But I would like to see the price go down in paintball. I'm not complaining, I am glad I am able to play paintball. I realize that I don't have to spend my money on paintball, and that it is entertainment. But, anyone here would like to see the prices go down and I am definetly not crying about it. ;)

I can list HUNDREDS of activities that “should” allow anyone to do them even if they don’t have the money, but DON’T

I am not saying that people should be able to play for free, it is just that the prices to get into a tournament are outrageous. The only sanctioned events I go to are at Hell Survivors here in Pinckney, and the prices are decent. Those are scenario games though. I can also list HUNDREDS of activities that are way too much money. Through my school, it costs 500 dollars to get into hockey, and then you have to pay for equipment and whatever else you need to play. That, to me, is a little high.

I would think that someone who has seen “lots” (as you put it) of people struggling to pay bills would comment on how unfair THAT was (struggling to pay bills), NOT about a game.

But like you said, "bills need paying", and not paying them will inevitably leave you on the street. So I believe that after paying your bills, there should be at least enough money to go to some kind of "entertainment" to get away from the stress (as you put it:)) I know that this is not the way it works, but this relates to my first point. If the prices were lowered so more people could afford it, than the sport would grow, and eventually prices would go down a lot more. My local store's prices are so high because it doesn't have any competition (there isn't another store for miles). So without competition, the store can charge whatever it wants. But if more stores came into the area, prices would go down I just hope to see this comes about in the near future.

Hope you catch my drift this time...i caught yours ;)

Nitroduck
04-08-2002, 01:52 PM
Originally posted by irbodden

ROFL you make NO point here.

If you play proffesional guitar YOU GET PAID. Do you get paid to play rec. paintball? Nope.

Fender Strat Jampack, $230. And thats all you need, to enjoy guitar playing.

Where are these Fender Jampacks for $230?

You need to realize something, you could take that pack (if it even exists, I know for a fact it cannot be an actual fender, just a cheap chineese copy). Either way, if your good at guitar, with that setup, your going to get a bad tone......To understand what I mean is....You could try to play pretty much any song on the radio, and regardless of what you do, you wont sound like that person....I've been playing with a $300 guitar, pedals, ect and I can state for a fact that nearly every single song I've played doesnt sound half as good as what the recording sounds like....Due to the fact their stuff is much much better.

And to compare it to paintball....Yes, you could start guitar (and PB) for $30...I did with both...But going to a field (or jamming out with friends) is a different story, or playing tourneys (or gigs) requires more money...And I can guarentee a top-notch guitar setup costs 2x as much as any PB gun out there.

BTW, do you even play guitar, Irbodden?

mrbrutal
04-09-2002, 11:46 AM
The cost is all relative. Other sports can be just as expensive to play. A day of skiing can easily be just as expensive if not more than paintball. Also, its as expensive as you make it. Like mentioned before, play hopperball or play with a pump gun and emphasize your skills rather than your rate of fire.