PDA

View Full Version : 2 really quick questions, some1 just remind me here

drx975
04-06-2002, 10:34 PM
Ok I was cleaning my gun yesterday, and I noticed that my bolt spring is about 3/16" from the edge of the bolt (front edge, part that hits the ball). I also noticed my powertube o-ring is brownish. Should either of these be replaced? Also, what are some bad things about having a weak spring? (just so I know if I need to go buy a parts kit or not)

Bartleby
04-07-2002, 12:06 AM
first off, you should always have a parts kit handy. i myself have atleast 3 layin' around somewhere, the difficult part is finding them. he he.

the spring should be just breaking the plane of the tip of the bolt. as long as it goes past the bolt tip it's fine, although there is a specific length that is ideal, don't believe it makes too much of a difference though.

as for the o-ring, i don't think being brownish should be a problem, i know mine is. if you start to have a problem with the powertube and then the powertube o-ring should be the first thing you go for. other than that, no worries

FordPrefect
04-07-2002, 05:39 PM
If your 'Mag is working fine, I wouldn't change anything. As for having a weak bolt spring, it could make the bolt spring bottom out, and then maybe have wear on the bolt, but I am not sure.