PDA

View Full Version : Super bolt issues (well kinda)

Steven
04-07-2002, 01:40 PM
I think the problem might be in the plastic nubbin not retaining the ball properly. I replaced mine 6 times yesterday and I was lucky if I was able to shoot 1 ball out of 10 without breaking. The nubbin does not hold back the balls properly thus if I tipped the nose of the gun down my hopper would empty through the barrel. This happened with ALL 6 of the ones I tried to use. Also the back side of the nubbin sits to high and has to be sanded in order for the barrel to slide back in to the body of the gun. Otherwise it is taller then the barrel's OD. I tried to carefully bend them downward so it sat as low as the barrel would allow but after a few shots it was right back to square 1 as the nubbin would not retain the proper shape needed to hold the balls back.

As soon as I switched to an older style nubbin and original bolt I was able to click off half a case without breaking 1 ball.

So what is the issue with running an older style nubbin with the super bolt?

LaW
04-07-2002, 02:13 PM
The back part is supposed to be taller, and it will fit into the marker. That's how the nubbing sticks into the barrel more :) it needs to be there trust me on this one.

BlackVCG
04-07-2002, 02:26 PM
Are the nubbins ones you ordered from the online store? Are they really thin through the zig-zag area? If so, those are the new ones. Also, what barrel are you using them on? If it's an aftermarket barrel, it's not the plastic nubbins fault. Some aftermarket barrels don't have the grooves milled deep enough to let the nubbin sit far enough in the barrel. Also, make sure your barrel o-rings aren't loose and worn out.

The only issue with using metal nubbins and the SB is that the metal nubbins are narrow and harder than the delrin on the SB, so they'll wear out the tip of the bolt. I used my SB for awhile with V-nubbins before the plastic nubbins came out and it didn't make any noticeable wear.

Steven
04-07-2002, 08:44 PM
LaW - The nubbin back side sticks well above the barrel's outer diameter and over the O rings height. I could jam it on but it should not have to be forced.

BlackVCG - I use a Dye Titanium barrel (as stated in my signature) These were the ones that came with the superbolt and yes they are rather thin in the zig-zag area. They are the newer ones as I purchased through AGD as the superbolt also has a foamie. The barrel O rings are brand new.

Anyways guess I will use a V nubbin for awhile and just watch for unusual ware on the bolt and order a few extra covers since I do not have any.