PDA

View Full Version : How does the vert adapter connect to the rail>

sygyzy
04-07-2002, 02:41 PM
Is it a slide on system like the dovetail cradles? Can anyone get me a few close up pictures so I can see how it works? What keeps it from sliding off? A screw I assume but where? I would really appreciate some pictures close up.

Thanks!

Load SM5
04-07-2002, 03:15 PM
I don't have pics but if you'll pull off the body rail, and look on the inside, you'll see a hole that has been mostly drilled through. Finish drilling it out and the vert adapter is attached with a flat screw.

Xzion
04-07-2002, 04:32 PM
Heres a pic, you can see the hole that has been drilled out just to the left of the twistlock barrel nubbin.

sygyzy
04-07-2002, 04:57 PM
OKay so I know how the vert adapter is secured (screw) but how does it stay on? Is it like a drop where you just put it against the bottom and then screw it? or is it like a tank where there is a rail and you slide it in?

Load SM5
04-07-2002, 05:02 PM
Like a drop. Hold the adapter against the rail and screw it on from the inside. You'll see when you get the adapter.

sygyzy
04-07-2002, 05:08 PM
Okay so it's not like a dovetail rail system...what keeps air from escaping up through the screw holes? Is the vert adapter screw hole on top drilled all the way through?

Load SM5
04-07-2002, 05:55 PM
No it has an outlet on the side of the adapter. A line runs from your valve to that outlet, the gas through grip/expansion chamber/whatever screws into the bottom of the adapter.