PDA

View Full Version : barrel leak

laxball33
04-07-2002, 03:43 PM
i need help, i ajusted the trigger sear a tiny bit to give a little less trigger pull on my .68 mag but now i find that if i don't pull back all the way on every shot i get barrel leak, the trigger pull is nice and short now but with that problem my mag is just drinking gas, i think i may need to get a power tube spacer kit but would like some advice before i do, thanks

PyRo
04-07-2002, 04:54 PM
You shouldn't have messed with the rod. Its not supposed to be ajusted, and ajusting it can cause problems such as the one you are describing. It should be 1.985in

laxball33
04-07-2002, 07:00 PM
yes, maybe that is the case but will a different spacer fix the problem that was the original question i asked

MikeCouves
04-08-2002, 12:41 PM
Well it might, it depends how much you adjusted the rod. Buy a spacer kit and try a bunch of different ones. If that doesn't solve the problem go out and buy a new sear assembly and your all set.

Seriously spread the word, don't adjust your sear.

laxball33
04-08-2002, 05:15 PM
yeah i'm way ahead of you, i ordered a new sear and spacer kit today from AGD. i backed the rod up pretty much to it's original position but haven't completely eliminated the problem, if the spacers don't work i'll just throw the new sear in and forget it ever happened

PyRo
04-08-2002, 06:29 PM
Well, that should do it. Good luck.